News? Where can I find real news?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
I stopped watching what the networks and cable called news years ago.
Just watched my local station's local news.
Well, last night their news cast was interrupted by some yoyo standing at a podium answering softball questions.
Hope this is not the new norm.
I like The Epoch Times. I find it an excellent source of real news. Here is a link:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/

K

KT88

I like The Epoch Times. I find it an excellent source of real news. Here is a link:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/
Media bias Check Epoch Times:

Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Pseudoscience, Numerous Failed Fact Checks

World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

Source link:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/

D

DWR

Media bias Check Epoch Times:

Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Pseudoscience, Numerous Failed Fact Checks

World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

Source link:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/
So where do you get your news from?

K

KT88

The aim was to rank the publications by the least amount of bias with the most amount of reliability in their reporting.

The following 15 news sources ranked the highest under this metric.

1. 🟢AP, 79.2%
  2. 🟢Reuters, 78.9%
  3. 🟢Weather.com, 75.9%
  4. 🟢ABC News, 73.9%
  5. 🟢The Advocate, 73.9%
  6. 🟢Bloomberg, 72.9%
  7. 🟢National Public Radio, 72.9%
  8. 🟢Wall Street Journal, 72.1%
  9. 🟢The Hill, 72.1%
  10. 🟢Financial Times, 71.9%
  11. 🟢LA Times, 70.8%
  12. 🟢PBS, 70.6%
  13. 🟢Al Jazeera, 70.5%
  14. 🟢CBS, 70.3%
  15. 🟢Fortune, 69.8%

Full article:

https://towardsdatascience.com/how-statistically-biased-is-our-news-f28f0fab3cb3

D

DWR

The aim was to rank the publications by the least amount of bias with the most amount of reliability in their reporting.

1. 🟢AP, 79.2%
  2. 🟢Reuters, 78.9%
  3. 🟢Weather.com, 75.9%
  4. 🟢ABC News, 73.9%
  5. 🟢The Advocate, 73.9%
  6. 🟢Bloomberg, 72.9%
  9. 🟢The Hill, 72.1%
  11. 🟢LA Times, 70.8%
  12. 🟢PBS, 70.6%
  13. 🟢Al Jazeera, 70.5%
  14. 🟢CBS, 70.3%
  15. 🟢Fortune, 69.8%

Full article:

https://towardsdatascience.com/how-statistically-biased-is-our-news-f28f0fab3cb3
It is obvious where this site's bias is.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Well, last night their news cast was interrupted by some yoyo standing at a podium answering softball questions.
China Global Television Network,CGTN

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Every news outlet has a certain bias.

The reason why we have FOUR gospels is because its from four different sources representing the four corners of the world, NEWS comes from North, East, West and South.

so you ought to have at least four channels or sources of news to get a complete picture. Dont just rely on one source to tell you.

Feb 28, 2016
in today's world, unless The Holy Spirit leads you to those who have the Truth directly from our Heavenly Father,
then it isn't really any kind of real/truthful news at all, just worldly babbling from bable...

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

Get an ad blocker if it blocks it it's got no salt in it it's just click bait...

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I have found that all news is always biased.

There's political agendas with all of them.
False dichotomies are set up to divert from the truth.
Kinda like the gun control debate.
Sure, both sides have truth to them but the sad fact is most gun related deaths and injuries are self inflicted. Both sides ignore the larger truth and it goes ignored. Same thing with the news media.

"Dog bites man" is not news...too common
"Man bites dog" is considered newsworthy.

It's all about targeting a specific demographic to tell them what they want to hear so they will flock to you so that you can sell advertising that wants to sell to that demographic.

Think in terms of feminine hygiene vs shaving cream vs toys.

What targeted group do you want to sell these products to...how can you tailor your news towards to attracting the viewership needed to sell these products?

T

TheWaytoGo

www.newscoup.com

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Gospel according to Luke is my favourite.

Though the other three are pretty good sources, Lukes has the exclusive details about Jesus nativity.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm lots of babble on here atm

I have good news though.
my school is having free lunches this year.

although the bad news is the first meal it was something with peas, and I dont think the children liked the peas.

but the good news is that it might be something different tomorrow!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The source you suggested has an obvious agenda---Anti Trump.
But so does every source mentioned---
Either anti trump or anti Bidden.
whether an article provides information that is favorable or unfavorable toward a worldly political figure is a stupid way to determine whether that source has a biased agenda.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
whether an article provides information that is favorable or unfavorable toward a worldly political figure is a stupid way to determine whether that source has a biased agenda.
After four years of hate-filled propaganda from the mainstream media (which continues to this day) your remark is hypocritical at best, and self-serving at worst.

There are at least two-dozen conservative news sources that do not twist everything to fit a pre-planned agenda. They provide actual news and at the same time expose the hatred and violence of the Leftists.

The American media are worse than Pravda in its heyday. At least Pravda did not pretend that it was anything other than the propaganda mouthpiece of the Soviet Union. But CNN, NBC, ABC, CBC, BBC, MSNBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the National Review, the Boston Globe, and many others pretend that they are reporting news, when in fact they are spreading propaganda and BS. Even AP and Reuters are no better than propagandists Time, Newsweek, etc.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017

1. 🟢AP, 79.2%
  2. 🟢Reuters, 78.9%
  3. 🟢Weather.com, 75.9%
  4. 🟢ABC News, 73.9%
  5. 🟢The Advocate, 73.9%
  6. 🟢Bloomberg, 72.9%
  9. 🟢The Hill, 72.1%
  11. 🟢LA Times, 70.8%
  12. 🟢PBS, 70.6%
  13. 🟢Al Jazeera, 70.5%
  14. 🟢CBS, 70.3%
  15. 🟢Fortune, 69.8%
THIS IS PURE LEFTIST BALONEY. THE ONES DOING THE RANKING THEMSELVES ARE BIASED LEFTWARD. THIS IS JUST LIKE ALL THE BOGUS POLLS IN THE LAST TWO ELECTIONS.