NICE! Sanders thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 2, 2016
Trump and Sanders are natural allies too. Both want complete universal health care coverage, both hate current trade agreements, both want to fix wall street, both opposed to destabilizing the middle east (Trump did flip flop), and unfortunately, both are pro-choice (Trump has to pretend he's pro-life because he's running as a Republican).
Trump loves his grandkids crawling all over his office and calling him Gramps. Seems pretty pro life to me. Having love for your children and their children does that to a man.

M

Mitspa

I was going to give you a Big Mac if you told me rather than going through page after page of posts. :(

Will my incentive work? lol
If its free will and not a mandate ..its fine...but the end logic of incentives is that some groups are going to be charged more for their lifstyles ..like gays and pot heads..thats ok with you?

K

KimPetras

Feel free to ignore my points. They are kind of like opening Pandora's Box.
I don't like to intentionally ignore points. Even with people I disagree with, I'm bound to have some overlapping in ideology over an issue, especially if we are both Christian. I like to validate people's points that I do agree on, and fruitfully discuss the parts I disagree on. I do agree some people purposefully ignore/deflect points that they agree with, as to not give the person an inch in the discussion/debate/argument.

You seem very civil, at least with me, so I'd make it a point to not ignore your points. :)

K

Kisses1990

So instead of calling the baby a baby..call is some other term..and it has no value... this is a evil person
I'm just calling it by the medical term... And you're the evil one if you endorse suffering of others...

I don't agree with that, but even if I did..then what about the potential of that person? You are okay with robbing him or her of what they cvould have become for themselves and others?
You have no idea what a "potential" human would amount to. Maybe this fetus would grow up to be Hitler. Maybe it would grow up to be Beethoven. It really doesn't matter... You can speculate what ifs all day and never get anywhere. The point is it doesn't matter what "could have been". It's useless to stress yourself thinking about it. The people that matter are us...the people. The mothers matter. Why do we always care about the baby more than the mother? It cheapens us, the living, if we are no different or better than a zygote. We have relationships...we have thoughts and feelings...zygotes don't. That's again why I brought up the sentience of pigs and it's why I can't with good conscience strip away a woman's right to end the pregnancy, especially in cases of rape or if the fetus is damaged somehow. This is different of course after it's alive and born and can develop relationships....We can't go around killing people.... developing cellular material is very different from a "person", even if it's the stuff to make a person.

K

KimPetras

If its free will and not a mandate ..its fine...but the end logic of incentives is that some groups are going to be charged more for their lifstyles ..like gays and pot heads..thats ok with you?
Under complete universal health care, the amount for an individual isn't important if it's "more" or "less" than someone elses cost. It's completely covered to preserve and maintain human life.

I disagree with anyone who abused drugs and they are not being good stewards of their body. Nevertheless, they should still be covered but not offered incentives as someone who is drug free would.

If I saw someone overdosed and is unconscious on the sidewalk, I wouldn't just skip over him/her because he/she is a drug addict. I'd still want to help, in spite of the person's pattern of bad decision making.

Mar 2, 2016
I'm just calling it by the medical term... And you're the evil one if you endorse suffering of others...

You have no idea what a "potential" human would amount to. Maybe this fetus would grow up to be Hitler. Maybe it would grow up to be Beethoven. It really doesn't matter... You can speculate what ifs all day and never get anywhere. The point is it doesn't matter what "could have been". It's useless to stress yourself thinking about it. The people that matter are us...the people. The mothers matter. Why do we always care about the baby more than the mother? It cheapens us, the living, if we are no different or better than a zygote. We have relationships...we have thoughts and feelings...zygotes don't. That's again why I brought up the sentience of pigs and it's why I can't with good conscience strip away a woman's right to end the pregnancy, especially in cases of rape or if the fetus is damaged somehow. This is different of course after it's alive and born and can develop relationships....We can't go around killing people.... developing cellular material is very different from a "person", even if it's the stuff to make a person.

Apparently you've never seen twins interacting in the womb. Apparently you've never studied how they respond to the human voice. There is so much evidence you overlook in your rush to determine them a blob of cells.

K

Kisses1990

I am, and that's one more reason why I wouldn't worry much about a zygote... if God does give it a soul upon conception, then it's surely in good hands...I care about the parents who are suffering with the loss of their pregnancy if it's ectopic for example

K

Kisses1990

Apparently you've never seen twins interacting in the womb. Apparently you've never studied how they respond to the human voice. There is so much evidence you overlook in your rush to determine them a blob of cells.
You have to be specific about when you're referring to...I mean about amount of weeks, trimester, etc.. but even still, what does it matter how they respond to a voice? My cat responds to my voice... I don't see your point...

I don't like late abortions much... I don't like killing ANYTHING, once again...I'm arguing mainly for times when it's necessary.

M

Mitspa

Under complete universal health care, the amount for an individual isn't important if it's "more" or "less" than someone elses cost. It's completely covered to preserve and maintain human life.

I disagree with anyone who abused drugs and they are not being good stewards of their body. Nevertheless, they should still be covered but not offered incentives as someone who is drug free would.

If I saw someone overdosed and is unconscious on the sidewalk, I wouldn't just skip over him/her because he/she is a drug addict. I'd still want to help, in spite of the person's pattern of bad decision making.
so the government will not try to control anyones behavior in your idea of socialized medicine ? And I don't really care what folks think others should do or not do along these issues..this is America and folks are free to be fat and unhealthy if they want

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I don't like to intentionally ignore points. Even with people I disagree with, I'm bound to have some overlapping in ideology over an issue, especially if we are both Christian. I like to validate people's points that I do agree on, and fruitfully discuss the parts I disagree on. I do agree some people purposefully ignore/deflect points that they agree with, as to not give the person an inch in the discussion/debate/argument.

You seem very civil, at least with me, so I'd make it a point to not ignore your points. :)

Selectively civil. Resisting the sarcastic one-liner is often too much for me.

I look forward to more discussions with you, Miss Kim. :)

Mar 2, 2016
You have to be specific about when you're referring to...I mean about amount of weeks, trimester, etc.. but even still, what does it matter how they respond to a voice? My cat responds to my voice... I don't see your point...
They are sentient. They feel. They are happy and they are sad. They feel connection. They crave it. It's hardwired into them because they are human.

Jul 16, 2015
I don't personally know any family that thats happened to, but no I wouldn't grieve for the zygote...I'd grieve for the parents though...it's got to be emotionally draining and stressful, especially if they wanted a baby.
At 12 weeks, the baby has a heartbeat, fingers and toes.

dd.jpg

yup.. looks more than just a 'zygote' to me.

M

Mitspa

I am, and that's one more reason why I wouldn't worry much about a zygote... if God does give it a soul upon conception, then it's surely in good hands...I care about the parents who are suffering with the loss of their pregnancy if it's ectopic for example
This is so horrible .. calling a baby a zygote in order to murder it ... I'm sickened by people like this and if not for the rules on this forum ..I would make this girl feel like a zygote

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That doesn't mean we shouldn't fight for those who can't fight for themselves.
that's more or less the premise of social welfare programs. see Sirk, i told you you'd probably actually agree with a lot of this. ;)

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
that's more or less the premise of social welfare programs. see Sirk, i told you you'd probably actually agree with a lot of this. ;)
I only refrain from arguing with you because you introduced me to Starflyer 59. It's been two years and I'm STILL addicted.

K

KimPetras

so the government will not try to control anyones behavior in your idea of socialized medicine ? And I don't really care what folks think others should do or not do along these issues..this is America and folks are free to be fat and unhealthy if they want
"Control" is not the right word. When I think of control, I think of involuntary force.

The government would encourage people, via financial incentives, to live a healthy life style to lower the cost of complete universal health care. It's why current insurance companies do it now. They know this works.

But I agree with you that the government shouldn't "control" people by telling them what they can and can't eat, or by making them work out. If someone wants to eat McDonald's every day, I say go for it. It's not being a good steward of your body, but that is not for me (or the government) to decide. We certainly shouldn't reward his/her bad behavior by choosing to eat McDonald's every day by offering a financial incentive to him/her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 2, 2016
We are supposed to be wise in how we choose our battles tho.....right? ;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes I have you just ignored my points ..because you cannot defend the logic you are trying to use ;)

just like you've ignored the point that no Republican president is going to end abortion, no matter what they say they support on the campaign trail, that Trump is pro-choice too, and that being pro-choice does not mean that a person gleefully murders babies for leisure every weekend, or even that they approve of abortion at all.

but you want to go on talking about it all night, ignoring the fact that the guy you say is the best president we ever had, Reagan, is responsible for millions of abortions himself in the state of California, and did NOTHING about abortions as president.

why exactly are you doing that, dude?
why the willfully ignorant animosity here?
why stirring up useless trouble? remember the OP?