No 'But '

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lenna

LOL. I gave Scripture that plainly shows non-believers are convicted by the Holy Spirit, but you reject it, and then pretend I am trying to force you to see it my way because you asked me to show you the Scripture, even after I already did. Don't expect me to respond again.

Those with eyes to see, see.
some people are just crazy makers. no doubt self reflection o_O

May 19, 2020
What part of 2Cor 5:17 are you going to disagree with?

There is a difference between sanctification and salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Our minds are renewed after salvation....not disagreeing with scripture.

Romans 12:2...Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good pleasing and perfect will.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
LOL. I gave Scripture that plainly shows non-believers are convicted by the Holy Spirit, but you reject it, and then pretend I am trying to force you to see it my way because you asked me to show you the Scripture, even after I already did. Don't expect me to respond again.

Those with eyes to see, see.
A few more Scriptures. God makes the Truth available to every person, the knowledge that they sinned, some just suppress the light because they prefer the deeds of darkness not to be exposed as said in the gospel of John.

John 1:9That was the true Light, which lighteth EVERY man that cometh into the world.
Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Our minds are renewed after salvation....not disagreeing with scripture.

Romans 12:2...Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good pleasing and perfect will.
See now you are in the deep stuff. We are fully saved the moment we believe and receive Christ as Savior. We are continually being sanctified until we are glorified together with Christ into eternity.

Repentance is giving yourself and your will over to Christ. Begun at salvation and completed at glorification together with Him, presented faultless before the throne.

Otherwise you will have difficulty reconciling 2 Cor 5:17 with Romans 12:2 Sanctification and salvation together.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

May 19, 2020
See now you are in the deep stuff. We are fully saved the moment we believe and receive Christ as Savior. We are continually being sanctified until we are glorified together with Christ into eternity.

Repentance is giving yourself and your will over to Christ. Begun at salvation and completed at glorification together with Him, presented faultless before the throne.

Otherwise you will have difficulty reconciling 2 Cor 5:17 with Romans 12:2 Sanctification and salvation together.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Who said anything about repentance.,?

I’m talking about The renewing of our minds after we are saved.....our minds aren’t dead,they are being renewed.

Not sure where I’m in deep,lol.

Ephesians..to be renewed in the spirit of your minds.

May 19, 2020
Scripture states that it is a new mind not a recycled mind. Walking in newness of life in Christ. The old mind is dead and the new mind is ours through Christ. 2 Cor 5:17

For the cause of Christ
Roger

What bible are you reading?

2Corinthians 5:17...thanks.

E

eternally-gratefull

You have completely ignored what I posted..you do that a lot as well to other members I notice.....I am still waiting for that scripture.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about...you have completely taken everything out of context.....

I am not discussing with you...,as I stated,show me that exact words in scripture.....and stop adding to what was said...thank you..
Have a good day, it seems everyone sees it but you

i asked you a question, I asked you if you thought unbelievers were saved. You could not even answer, even though numerous people asked you the same question

you asked for the verse, that is the verse, unless you think unbelievers are saved.

if you do not want to see it, that’s your prerogative. But your response to me was uncalled for.
again, have a good day

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I have posted that i disagree with your interpretation....so please don’t try to force me to see it your way....

Until God shows me differently,then I stand by my post....God,chooses,draws and quickens his children.my belief.

God brings us to repentance,we don’t bring ourselves,those whom he has chosen.
You also posted that specific scripture.

God works in non believers...where are these words in scripture?
@jackrosie ...
We are all unbelievers until the Holy Spirit quickens us...
No one is born a believer...
...xox...

E

eternally-gratefull

You have completely ignored what I posted..
No you didn’t..give me those exact words you said.

God works in non believers?...thank you....I can’t find it anywhere...
this is what you said, I did not ignore it, you should not have accused falsely, I love you sis, but if i see a mistake I will call it out, you should know that by now

you have been giving these verses numerous times, which show God (the HOLY SPRIT is GOD) works in unbelievers by convicting them of sin, because of their unbelief, it gets no clearer than that, to continue to ignore or deny it says that is just wrong,

once again here is those verses

John 16: 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me

hence why I asked you if unbelievers are saved, and this was your response

you do that a lot as well to other members I notice.....I am still waiting for that scripture.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about...you have completely taken everything out of context.....

I am not discussing with you...,as I stated,show me that exact words in scripture.....and stop adding to what was said...thank you..
which is uncalled for and sad.

if you can not see what you did, that’s just sad

May 19, 2020
@jackrosie ...
...xox...

You have misinterpreted my post..go back and look at her post...nowhere in scripture does it say what she said.

Who said we weren’t all unbelievers until we are quickened?

May 19, 2020
In

Obviously, non-believers are not saved, and yet God is working in them none-the-less.
I know non believers aren’t saved....now show me the rest of what you posted in scripture..and yet God is working in them none the less..that is nowhere to be found.in scripture..those are your words.that is my point...if members disagree ,I don’t have a problem with it.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I have posted that i disagree with your interpretation....so please don’t try to force me to see it your way....

Until God shows me differently,then I stand by my post....God,chooses,draws and quickens his children.my belief.

God brings us to repentance,we don’t bring ourselves,those whom he has chosen.
You also posted that specific scripture.

God works in non believers...where are these words in scripture?
@jackrosie ...
...xox...
You have misinterpreted my post..go back and look at her post...nowhere in scripture does it say what she said.

Who said we weren’t all unbelievers until we are quickened?
I see @Magenta posted Scripture about the working of the Holy Spirit in our lives to quicken us sinners , maybe I have missed something ? , she defo posted Scriptures...

May 19, 2020
@jackrosie ...
...xox...

I see @Magenta posted Scripture about the working of the Holy Spirit in our lives to quicken us sinners , maybe I have missed something ? , she defo posted Scriptures...

Look at my last post...yet God is working in them none the less ...that is not in scripture.

That was my point....

E

eternally-gratefull

Look at my last post...yet God is working in them none the less ...that is not in scripture.

That was my point....
So the Holy Spirit is NOT working in them convicting them of their sin?

E

eternally-gratefull

@jackrosie ...
...xox...

She (magenta) posted talking about Jesus words of sending the Hs to convince the world of unbelief.

how can you work to convict unbelievers, and not be working in their lives

that is the discussion sis

May 19, 2020
She (magenta) posted talking about Jesus words of sending the Hs to convince the world of unbelief.

how can you work to convict unbelievers, and not be working in their lives

that is the discussion sis

Read her words....she did not say convict at the beginning..she then changed her wording to convict.

I am always being picked up of my words not being scripture...so I’m picking her up...only it seems to offend some of you....sorry,but I must be truthful to what I read.

Her wording is nowhere to be found in scripture.

May 19, 2020
No more on the subject from me.....Goodnight.

Jan 12, 2019
The law was the school master to reveal to the Jews that they could not attain righteousness sufficient to stand in the presence of God. The law made sin personal and indicated the need for a Messiah that could atone for all sin.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
And you are saying once Jesus appeared in the 4 gospels, they no longer had to keep the law since Christ was there in their midst?