No escape

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IBDesmond

Senior Member
Jan 25, 2013
148
3
0
Ever feel like you're in a house of mirrors trying to escape someone but no matter where you turn, you're faced with reflections of them, sometimes near or in the distance. You become consumed with frustration and a overwhelming realisation that as much as you're trying to escape...you don't ACTUALLY know where the escape is?

As much as I pray for a release, for escape, I just can't.

What's God trying to tell me?
I don't know. I honestly don't know.
 
You just posted what's been going through my mind. I wish I had answers but am still trying to find them myself.What people have been telling me is despite all of this, God hears our cries and is with us through our battles. Now I don't know if it's supposed to make things easier or better. But that's been the only thing people have been able to tell me.
 
Perhaps He is telling you not to try and run.
That's what I often thing. I tend to have a few signs that tell me to move on kind of thing and continue trying to escape but often I have constant reminders of this "thing". I can't escape it. It's really bugging me.


You just posted what's been going through my mind. I wish I had answers but am still trying to find them myself.What people have been telling me is despite all of this, God hears our cries and is with us through our battles. Now I don't know if it's supposed to make things easier or better. But that's been the only thing people have been able to tell me.
Yeh I trust God whole heartedly and so, what I prayed is, if God wants this "thing" in my life. I pray that they come to me. It's like the whole Judges 6:37 thing.
 
I truly enjoy your writing, IB. As I read your post I had a clear image of Bruce Lee's famous mirror scene in "Enter the Dragon."

May I ask, have you talked to anyone about what you feel is trapping you? I know you know this but sometimes our way out is through other people...

We may not be able to shatter the glass and walk through it but someone else might be able to smash it from the outside and lead us out.
 
I truly enjoy your writing, IB. As I read your post I had a clear image of Bruce Lee's famous mirror scene in "Enter the Dragon."

May I ask, have you talked to anyone about what you feel is trapping you? I know you know this but sometimes our way out is through other people...

We may not be able to shatter the glass and walk through it but someone else might be able to smash it from the outside and lead us out.


Yeeeeeehhhhhh haha I was thinking of that exact movie too. I was going to reference it but I didn't know if it would help since not everyone will have seen it.


And to be honest seoul, I'm sick of talking about it. I just want escape. Speaking of not being able to escape, it even appeared in a dream last night. It's really beginning to annoy me
 
I've never seen the movie you reference, but... I do know that if you want to escape it helps to pinpoint exactly what you are trying to escape, or you might bring it with you. And if you don't know what you want to escape to you will be running for the rest of your life.

No, that's not a cheap joke. I've seen people do it. Like, lots of people. They don't identify the problem so they bring the problem with them when they escape. And three years later they have to escape again, so it's off to a new town. And two years later another town...
 
Thanks Lynx. I've been here before....well....a very very similar situation but there's a few complications this time round. But I'm just giving it to God. I pray about it when I struggle and stuff.


Just for the record, the question was rhetorical. These days I'm just posting to see if there's people out there who can relate. I'm trying to articulate what people might be feeling but can't quite articulate it themselves fully.
 
Ever feel like you're in a house of mirrors trying to escape someone but no matter where you turn, you're faced with reflections of them, sometimes near or in the distance. You become consumed with frustration and a overwhelming realisation that as much as you're trying to escape...you don't ACTUALLY know where the escape is?

As much as I pray for a release, for escape, I just can't.

What's God trying to tell me?
I don't know. I honestly don't know.
When I feel this way it could be that I got in a rut, and life got kind of boring. Complacency sucks the joy and life out of you. Time to pursue a new challenge.

Change can be stressful though. Maybe God is trying to tell me something, and it's easier and more comfortable to stagnate in this area than to do his will.


math-is-hard.jpg
 
Ever feel like you're in a house of mirrors trying to escape someone but no matter where you turn, you're faced with reflections of them, sometimes near or in the distance. You become consumed with frustration and a overwhelming realisation that as much as you're trying to escape...you don't ACTUALLY know where the escape is?

As much as I pray for a release, for escape, I just can't.

What's God trying to tell me?
I don't know. I honestly don't know.



Dear Brother IBDesmond,



And forgive us our sins for we also forgive everyone that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Luke 11:4. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:13,14. Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted forgiving one another even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32 There has no temptation taken you but such is as COMMON TO MAN but God is faithful to not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, BUT with the temptation also Make A WAY TO ESCAPE that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Cor 10:13. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God. For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempt He any man. James 1:13. For thou has kept the words of my patience. I will also KEEP THEE from the hour of temptation which shall come upon all the world, to TRY them that dwell upon the earth. Revelation 3:10.
 
Catherder, you were just about the last person I expected to provide me with sewing inspiration. Lol. But the belt on that dress is fabulous. :D

~~~~~

Desmond, I kind of know the feeling you're talking about. I described it as like being inside one of those invisible fences, but the fence lines were buried in the shape of a maze. I didn't know where to go, I could just try to take one step forward and get zapped... and realize that was one more direction in which I could not go.

Sometimes the solution IS to stop fighting, stop breaking those mirrors and just give up and let life do whatever life will for a while. Just hold still and trust God. And sometimes there's something else we need to realize about the situation we're in, before things get better. Like we need to identify feelings we're having, and WHY the feelings are there, and be brutally honest with ourselves and with God in order to really break things down so that we understand exactly what's going on. There could be something we're holding back that keeps trying to resurface in our thoughts and dreams.

I will pray that you get it all figured out. I know it stinks to feel that way.
 
Sometimes the solution IS to stop fighting, stop breaking those mirrors and just give up and let life do whatever life will for a while. Just hold still and trust God. And sometimes there's something else we need to realize about the situation we're in, before things get better. Like we need to identify feelings we're having, and WHY the feelings are there, and be brutally honest with ourselves and with God in order to really break things down so that we understand exactly what's going on. There could be something we're holding back that keeps trying to resurface in our thoughts and dreams.

I will pray that you get it all figured out. I know it stinks to feel that way.

That's exactly what I'm doing yeh. I've given up running and I'm just trusting God, I pray constantly for guidance and wisdom like when I was talking about the whole Judge 6:37 thing
 
PopClick: That reminds me of the guy who was seeking direction in his life, went to the extent of doing a 21 day fast over it. At the end of all that, God's direction was "wait."

But while you're waiting... might as well learn how to play the piano, or make beats with a computer (it's dead easy you know, and no more paying other people to make beats for you) or write some new songs, or try out some new kinds of food, or...
 
I've been teaching myself guitar....super relaxing.

I already make my own beats. I've wrote some new songs.....defo need to write more (my current stuff has been featured around my recent drama). I also draw (i've been working on trying to sell some prints). I've watched a shed load of movies recently, and I've been working out more.

Gotta keep myself active cos isolation will eat me alive.
 
Hey IBDesmond

As long as a man or woman does not inflate or equate their being to be one with the entire cosmos or creation there will always exist paradox with the human. He is in the relative not selected by him or it seems... you know.
What we reach for may be different. but what makes us reach is the same.
Moving out toward the world we live out uniqueness. Looking to our core of self we come upon the common center where all lives begin.
The nature of becoming is a constant filming over of where we begin continually on while the nature of being is a constant erosion of what is not essential.
Everything is poetry. This to shall pass.
 
You gotta confront the issue rather than try to escape it, even if it means breaking a few mirrors.
 
When that's happened for me, it's because I wasn't pressing enough. Sort of like when you have to say something tough and hurtful, but still needs to be said, and then you put it into words so watered down that the person doesn't actually receive the message clearly. But in your mind, you've confronted them.

I dunno I may be totally off, lol. Usually in my experience the issue doesn't run away if I confront it - particularly when it comes to other people, and then especially in relationships. I think if you (generally) walk away feeling like there were no consequences, there was no real confrontation.

My two cents :o