No feature to Delete account. Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

I have searched all over this site and there is no delete account feature. You would think for a site like this would have a delete account feature. I mean delete account not deactivate account.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Go to "Contact Us" at the bottom. I just checked it works.

R

Richie_2uk

Oh thank you. I try that again. But when I went to it earlier nothing there in regards to delete account. But I will have another look now.

R

Richie_2uk

Ok I just been there again. And you can only contact them. There is no feature to delete account. I presume the contact form is to request deletion of accounts. But I was looking for the feature. Most site have them. But looks like I have yo request. Thank you for your reply

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Ok I just been there again. And you can only contact them. There is no feature to delete account. I presume the contact form is to request deletion of accounts. But I was looking for the feature. Most site have them. But looks like I have yo request. Thank you for your reply

That is where you can ask them to delete the account, this is not like Facebook and Twitter. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You are welcome :) Actually that is an alert that forum mod will get. Creating a thread like this also sometimes
works if you make it clear you want your account deleted as opposed to just asking how it is done :D

R

Richie_2uk

You are welcome :) Actually that is an alert that forum mod will get. Creating a thread like this also sometimes
works if you make it clear you want your account deleted as opposed to just asking how it is done :D
I understand. But surely a feature to directly delete account would be a great feature on here right? Saves waiting for responses. But yeh I understand you. Thanks again.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You are welcome, again :D Say, the more I look at your name, the more it rings
a very vague bell. I do remember you from the forums :D Happy trails to you :)

R

Richie_2uk

You are welcome, again :D Say, the more I look at your name, the more it rings
a very vague bell. I do remember you from the forums :D Happy trails to you :)

Funny I was looking to see who is online now to see if I could remember anyone from back in the day when I was on here lol. I cant remember anyone. Lol its been that long since I was on here.

R

Richie_2uk

Well I take It Oncefallen is busy. To respond to my query. I was looking to do this a little more quick. Lol but Im sure I will get a response and help when ready. Thank you everyone who did respond. God bless you all. I will log out and come back later to see any response. Take care all. Richie

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Well I take It Oncefallen is busy. To respond to my query. I was looking to do this a little more quick. Lol but Im sure I will get a response and help when ready. Thank you everyone who did respond. God bless you all. I will log out and come back later to see any response. Take care all. Richie
The site is built on software designed for forums, so it's options are mostly ones that come with the software. So likely it's not even an option built into the software to begin with.
I also imagine this site likes keeping track of who leaves, at least to a point. Since people tend to come and go.

Be aware deleting accounts only removes your ability to log in. Not your posts. So everything will still be on the site and under that user name.

Mods are not paid, they come on when they have free, personal time and they are not at their jobs. So the timing of when they're available to do things varies on when they're personal time is available.

R

Richie_2uk

The site is built on software designed for forums, so it's options are mostly ones that come with the software. So likely it's not even an option built into the software to begin with.
I also imagine this site likes keeping track of who leaves, at least to a point. Since people tend to come and go.

Be aware deleting accounts only removes your ability to log in. Not your posts. So everything will still be on the site and under that user name.

Mods are not paid, they come on when they have free, personal time and they are not at their jobs. So the timing of when they're available to do things varies on when they're personal time is available.
Yep I understand. However it does say that I could request for all data to be deleted in the help section. But no mention of how to go about deleting accounts. Which should be on all websites. But yes I understand are not paid and they only come on when time is given to them. Which is all the more this feature should be on the site. Anyway. Im sure he will respond soon.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Ultimately, I have no idea if it is possible with this software to allow users to delete their own accounts (I don't have access to that part of the Admin controls) but regardless, it would never be utilized. If users could delete their own accounts, someone who knew they were on the verge of being banned could just delete their account, and then register a new account. With the old account gone, we would have no way of tracing new bad behavior to an old account.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have searched all over this site and there is no delete account feature. You would think for a site like this would have a delete account feature. I mean delete account not deactivate account.
Why would anyone want to delete their account? I see that you are now a guess so I'm not expecting a reply from you. Happy Trails.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Why would anyone want to delete their account? I see that you are now a guess so I'm not expecting a reply from you. Happy Trails.
Some people become addicted, and thus delete their account to remove temptation. Some may so strongly dislike the site and want to break all connection. Some mistakenly believe all their posts will be removed. Some may always delete accounts they're finished with to prevent it being hacked.
That's just a few reasons. I'm sure there are more.