No Handshake To Prevent Coronavirus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

they do not know that yet its only a couple of months into it and a lot of communicable diseases are not seasonal diseases.

not saying we shouldn't keep up on the hand washing etc. but i do not think it can be contain.

can people live hunkered down until a vaccine is created might take months for that to happen or a year. the lock down can only run for so long or there will be civil unrest that the world hasn't seen yet. that is on my mind how long can a world population stay on lock down.
Let's hope!

But the economy cannot bear to be shut down for too long all this has to be managed, when the government starts seizing people's money from the banks and negative interests come in then we will be in real trouble.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Up to date US national information is available at www.cdc.gov. There is a list by state on the cdc site.

Below is Florida's DOH real time information page. This site also lists the number of US and world wide cases reported. I really don't see a reason for panic.

Stores are open here, but schools have shut down, and are in the process to switching students to online classes. The school shutdown is putting a massive burden on working parents.

And yes TP is plentiful in stores.

https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86
I clicked on the link that listed the amount of cases per county. At first I thought it was listing the amount of cases of toilet paper per county in Florida.

Jun 10, 2019
This virus is new. it did not exist a long time ago. It would be great if we could wiggle our nose and test kits would appear out of no where. They don't. It takes time to develop a process, test it and get it ready for production. It takes time to gear up production to a level to meet the demand for the kits. Also while production is on going, newer and better test kits become available.
some of the EUA regulations hampers the speed of things also

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Panic is never helpful, an accurate understanding of the virus, the risks and prevention is, I think.
It's early. It will take months to develop a truly accurate understanding of the virus. The best that we can do as of today is practice good hygiene, keep track of where the infections are, and go about our daily business.

Panic has driven the Dow down another 3000 points. Unless people realize that there is no reason to panic, the country os going bankrupt.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I was mowing my lawn earlier, and a bug flew up my nose so i was coughing and gagging all loud... Didn't see who's houses they came from, but i heard like 4 different doors and a window slam shut lol.

E

EleventhHour

It's early. It will take months to develop a truly accurate understanding of the virus. The best that we can do as of today is practice good hygiene, keep track of where the infections are, and go about our daily business.

Panic has driven the Dow down another 3000 points. Unless people realize that there is no reason to panic, the country os going bankrupt.
They have been studying what has happened in other countries ... I am quite sure that the health care system in the USA if this goes according to the trajectories will be overwhelmed, and there will be collateral damage.

People will die alone in their houses and apartment buildings because there will be no treatment for them.

Jun 10, 2019
there is a bunch of regulations one i don't know why but it prohibits the lab from reporting the results to the doctors who had ordered the tests for their patients.

so far not sure if the reg has been changed

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I clicked on the link that listed the amount of cases per county. At first I thought it was listing the amount of cases of toilet paper per county in Florida.
I was checking the online TP market today and I found some retailers limiting purchases to 2 packages per customer. I wonder what's going on in some households. Why would anyone need more than 2, 45 roll packages?

Jun 10, 2019
I was checking the online TP market today and I found some retailers limiting purchases to 2 packages per customer. I wonder what's going on in some households. Why would anyone need more than 2, 45 roll packages?
i know right, having the virus doesn't equal to more fluid secretion or bowel moments. fever, muscle ache and headache cough are the top symptom of the virus.

Mar 10, 2020
The caskets are lined up in Italy I am told in abandoned buildings
Now I don't know what is going in Italy, but it makes me wonder if something else is at play besides COVID-19, but that is my speculation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Seems like one 45 roll package would be sufficient for awhile. My wife buys 32 mega roll packages online but the last purchase was limited to a single 20 roll package. I believe that people hoard certain products because of fears of government interference such as being forced to stay at home. Of course, if you are homeless you would be forced to shelter in place under the nearest highway overpass.

Jun 10, 2019
Seems like one 45 roll package would be sufficient for awhile. My wife buys 32 mega roll packages online but the last purchase was limited to a single 20 roll package. I believe that people hoard certain products because of fears of government interference such as being forced to stay at home. Of course, if you are homeless you would be forced to shelter in place under the nearest highway overpass.
hmm that is interesting the homeless person would have no problem with that, that is home to them, :(
which saddens me as well.

K

Kim82

12 confirmed cases for Jamaica. The government has banned gatherings of more than 20.

People who can, are to work from home.

Bars and night clubs are to be closed. And no over packed buses.

Hefty penalties for those who don't comply or for those who lie about their travel history or who conceal friends or relatives who have the virus. No warrant needed by officials to enter any premises to investigate breaches of the new laws or suspected cases of coronavirus.

Schools have been closed for the next 14 days.

Persons in general are being advised to stay home.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
They have been studying what has happened in other countries ... I am quite sure that the health care system in the USA if this goes according to the trajectories will be overwhelmed, and there will be collateral damage.

People will die alone in their houses and apartment buildings because there will be no treatment for them.
People die alone every day in their homes because they can't get treatment. Sadly many of them don't realize that they can receive life saving care if they call 911, or go to the nearest ER. Many will also die because they don't won't treatment.

Sadly, people in this country, including many of my Christian brothers and sisters, feel that adequate health care for everyone is not a right. Hopefully that attitude will change, but I have my doubts.

Jun 10, 2019
It saddens me greatly that there are those that are homeless.
i have a friend i met while back stopped at a traffic light, i have been seeing him for awhile now we talk as i wait for the light to change, he doesn't have a I.D. so that alone causes problems for him, he just got his birth cert but hasn't gone to the DMV to get an I.D. last time i saw him was about a week ago i told him i would take him to the DMV and help him get his I.D. when i am off work in a week or two. i haven't seen him since and i am hoping to see him again to re insure him i am here to help him as much as i can. A I.D. is needed for even the most basic of jobs like a dishwasher or lot attendent etc. everyday i seem to scan the streets that i might see him my friend.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
i have a friend i met while back stopped at a traffic light, i have been seeing him for awhile now we talk as i wait for the light to change, he doesn't have a I.D. so that alone causes problems for him, he just got his birth cert but hasn't gone to the DMV to get an I.D. last time i saw him was about a week ago i told him i would take him to the DMV and help him get his I.D. when i am off work in a week or two. i haven't seen him since and i am hoping to see him again to re insure him i am here to help him as much as i can. A I.D. is needed for even the most basic of jobs like a dishwasher or lot attendant etc. everyday i seem to scan the streets that i might see him my friend.
I appreciate your concern for this person in need. The world could use more people like you. God appreciates your concern as well for the least of His brothers and sisters.

E

EleventhHour

People die alone every day in their homes because they can't get treatment. Sadly many of them don't realize that they can receive life saving care if they call 911, or go to the nearest ER. Many will also die because they don't won't treatment.

Sadly, people in this country, including many of my Christian brothers and sisters, feel that adequate health care for everyone is not a right. Hopefully that attitude will change, but I have my doubts.
This will be worse for sure unless there is a miracle.