No Works, No Change

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
For "the earth is the LORD's, and everything in it."

this isn't satan's world!

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
 
Why is the HE in verse 5 not God? It would seem most logical that the He is referring to God, not this other entity. In fact, that is made even clearer in the Hebrew (and for that matter, the Hebrew), where pronouns are grammatically tied more closely to their referents in English. For instance, the Hebrew there doesn't use a separate word for the pronoun 'he' - the verb for 'called' is simply conjugated to essentially reflect the nominative case, clearly referring to the subject of the sentence, who is God.

I fear you read too much into the English grammar.

I understand you are new to all this. The case may even be that you speak I out of regurgitation and you will never break free of you. Take your time give it a chance. Try to reread all of it without the pnouns entering YOU. The bible was not written for Nick. When it addresses YOU it is not literally addressing the person NICK. He was not made to represent GOD...HE came from GOD. GOD in creation separated evil from good. This is that tree.

This holds true all the way through the bible even to the crucifixion. No where does it say JESUS was crucified or literally put on a cross. They crucified """HIM""".
 
I am not trying to change any minds. I created a thread to rant and you came to argue against scripture. You add extra meaning to every instance of this and I lay down word for word the unchanged word of God. You can argue all you want but until your eyes are opened and you actually see it for what it is without buttering the bread first you will remain in you commanded by others. I am not trying to tell you do this or that I am just showing you what I am seeing.
 
I understand you are new to all this. The case may even be that you speak I out of regurgitation and you will never break free of you. Take your time give it a chance. Try to reread all of it without the pnouns entering YOU. The bible was not written for Nick. When it addresses YOU it is not literally addressing the person NICK. He was not made to represent GOD...HE came from GOD. GOD in creation separated evil from good. This is that tree.

This holds true all the way through the bible even to the crucifixion. No where does it say JESUS was crucified or literally put on a cross. They crucified """HIM""".
Ok so them saying He was hanged on a tree means what?
 
I understand you are new to all this. The case may even be that you speak I out of regurgitation and you will never break free of you. Take your time give it a chance

The patronisation here is fabulous and scary all at the same time.

Try to reread all of it without the pnouns entering YOU. The bible was not written for Nick. When it addresses YOU it is not literally addressing the person NICK. He was not made to represent GOD...HE came from GOD. GOD in creation separated evil from good. This is that tree.

I can agree that the Bible is not addressing me, and is not fundementally about here. But the rest is just gibberish, and again, makes even less sense if argued from the Hebrew than it does from English. If you want to twist the words and see something there that isn't supported by the text, fine. But that doesn't make it true, any more than me saying that everytime the Bible uses the pronoun 'I' it is really a bowl of petunias speaking.

This holds true all the way through the bible even to the crucifixion. No where does it say JESUS was crucified or literally put on a cross. They crucified """HIM""".

This is a fruitless exercise, but here's a verse:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”
 
The patronisation here is fabulous and scary all at the same time.



I can agree that the Bible is not addressing me, and is not fundementally about here. But the rest is just gibberish, and again, makes even less sense if argued from the Hebrew than it does from English. If you want to twist the words and see something there that isn't supported by the text, fine. But that doesn't make it true, any more than me saying that everytime the Bible uses the pronoun 'I' it is really a bowl of petunias speaking.



This is a fruitless exercise, but here's a verse:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”

I have told you reread all of it. Patronize, judge, poke, make fun...I know the truth. I will gladly stand alone in the face of you. Reading those new translations just causes more confusion. People like you have changed the words they could never understand to "make it easier" for everyone to understand.
 
I have told you reread all of it. Patronize, judge, poke, make fun...I know the truth. I will gladly stand alone in the face of you. Reading those new translations just causes more confusion. People like you have changed the words they could never understand to "make it easier" for everyone to understand.

And what I am saying is your argument makes even less sense in the original languages. If you want to make your case, and if you think 'these new translations' are not up to scratch, then by all means make your case from the Hebrew or Greek (or even the Aramaic bits, if you're keen)
 
And what I am saying is your argument makes even less sense in the original languages. If you want to make your case, and if you think 'these new translations' are not up to scratch, then by all means make your case from the Hebrew or Greek (or even the Aramaic bits, if you're keen)

If you are convinced I am delusional why don't you move along. You have no case. Every point you try to make is hinged from what I have written. What exactly is your purpose?
 
If you are convinced I am delusional why don't you move along. You have no case. Every point you try to make is hinged from what I have written. What exactly is your purpose?


It almost feels like politics. You must be running for CC office. Trying to spawn negativity from my post. You are doing a horrible job.
 
If you are convinced I am delusional why don't you move along. You have no case. Every point you try to make is hinged from what I have written. What exactly is your purpose?

I never once said you're delusional. If I thought you were delusional, I wouldn't be inviting you to prove your point. You say I have no case, yet you have not responded to a single point I have made in response to what you have written.

The reasons I am here is 1) this is a public forum, in a thread that you started, and you specifically asked for responses to the specific post you put up. I take that to be an invitation to participate.

But 2) I'm actually just having trouble understanding how, or why you think what you do, and when I don't understand something, I tend to try and find out about it, and then decide whether it's right or wrong. What I DON'T tend to do is just ignore it.

I'll be honest, I do find your argument hard to follow at best, baseless at worst. But I'm willing to hear you out, because you seem to believe there is actually a foundation to what you believe, not just in your own head, but in the Scriptures. If so, then you should be able to demonstrate that foundation. If not, there's little point in you telling anyone about it, because you by definition won't be able to convince anyone - it is simply your belief.

If you don't want people responding to what you have written, and actually try to engage with it, then I have to question why you would post in public fora to begin with.
 
What exactly is your purpose?

My thoughts exactly. It is always good to have friends to share these thought provoking questions with. Maybe one day we can get YOUR to answer this question for us. Any care to take possession as the subject to the pronoun, YOUR, in this question and give us a good answer? Who feels compelled enough to share their purpose, exact purpose, that is?