Non-ending misconceptions about the reformed faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2015
How about every post you made in the "What Calvinist believe" thread? And it wasn't just me. It was every Calvinists who responded, Kayla -- who asked -- and every Arminian/Wesleyan/nonTULIPers. The most important thing you just had to write had to do with the same thing you're doing here. It's all about what you believe, instead of listening. Again, most people don't care if you disagree, just if you at least take the time to find out what it is. You haven't even done that, because you spend your time telling us why you disagree and then keep adding that you really don't care.

Thank you so much for not really caring what others believe or for not caring about Calvinists nor nonTULIPers. That cuts down on everyone on these boards but you and a very small portion of others. You didn't even bother responding to people responding to you. You completely ignore what anyone else said! (I suspect you didn't even bother reading anything else, but I'm not sure there.)

You're doing it again! It's STILL all about you on a thread about a belief you don't like, despite never learning what it is.

So there are no posts where I interacted with you - is there Lynn? Show me the exact post where I personally insulted you.

Post in right here in this thread if you will. Thank you.

D

Depleted

LOL Hey Sis you have your shotgun loaded for bear, I guess that should be rifle, oh well. There have to many misrepresentations of the Doctrines of Grace here and people have been told it's of the devil so they really don't want to study it because people have told them is dangerous. When it's the Bible, it reminds me of when I was a new believer someone said watch out that you don't read to much Bible you might get confused, what.

The Bible reveals truth, not confusion.
Honestly, I'm an optimist. I think his mind was elsewhere on what "context" means. That was a bit of my hyperbole coming out.

D

Depleted

If it is possible, try to keep your posts very short.

My experience is that almost nobody (me included) reads the longer posts so thats why people do not listen to each other.

And thats also why after so many discussions people still do not know what the other side believes.
I'm not good at short-winded. And, I kind of think if anyone is truly interested, they will read the full post. If they're not, then it's easier just to go to a thread that does interest them, or the next post, if the long-winded doesn't interest them.

The attention spans of adults need to appreciate, not depreciate.

D

Depleted

But election is not really believing now is it?
You're right. It's not believing now. It's believing after God revives.

Election is cause.

Believing is effect.

D

Depleted

Is belief taken away because of election?

I knew a hard core reformer and he said he did not need to believe in anything, because he was elected and no matter what he was making heaven.

Not trying to inflame, but honestly, I think there are so many different understanding of reformed and Calvinist it is nothing but a big ole cup of muddy water.

I know some reformed Calvinist who take you task because you do not adhere to what they do and vice verse.
You met a hyper-Calvinist? I didn't know, for sure, if they really existed.

You may be relieved to know we Calvinists find them as much of an abomination as you do. God gave us the gift of belief to use it.

D

Depleted

So there are no posts where I interacted with you - is there Lynn? Show me the exact post where I personally insulted you.

Post in right here in this thread if you will. Thank you.
I'm supposed to do your homework for you? No thank you. And, you're welcome.

Still too lazy to read that thread, huh? That's on you, not me.

What's on me is my stupidity for constantly trying to get you to listen despite knowing you refuse to.

That stupidity ends here.

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
We know that we are the elect when we believe.

I knew a hard core reformer and he said he did not need to believe in anything, because he was elected and no matter what he was making heaven.
I hope he was right about his destiny, but if he did not believe he was not elect.
Not trying to inflame, but honestly, I think there are so many different understanding of reformed and Calvinist it is nothing but a big ole cup of muddy water.
Calvinists and Arminians both lol Almost the whole range of Christian thought,

I know some reformed Calvinist who take you task because you do not adhere to what they do and vice verse.
And Arminians the same lol. It is human nature. But it says nothing about how far each is right.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Are you not being hypocritical here?

Your OP (#1) was 469 words long
777's answer to it (3) was only 411 words long.

Yet, here in Post #4 you are claiming he has to shorten his reply to three sentences, max...... and then you will consent give to him an answer.

That is a ludicrous request. LOL
Please, use your brain. OP is longer, but the single points in it are short, without any load of defense, verses or theological constructions.

So if somebody wants to react on some specific point, it must be short too.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Ah, but you can answer. How do Reformers do Sunday Service where you live? I really don't know. (I also didn't know the US does it differently than the UK and Australia, so I learned that in that video.) Is it like any of the countries he talked about, or is it different? And if it is different, what is done? That's what I'm asking.
I am sorry, I do not know how to describe services... I can find you some videos if you wish.

We come, some songs in t he beginning, then something for children, then prayers, then preaching, songs, prayer, end.

Its quite hard for me to make a comparison, because I have never been to US or Australia or so.

Nov 22, 2015
I'm supposed to do your homework for you? No thank you. And, you're welcome.

Still too lazy to read that thread, huh? That's on you, not me.

What's on me is my stupidity for constantly trying to get you to listen despite knowing you refuse to.

That stupidity ends here.
So, the truth is I never once interacted with you nor did I talk with you about your personal beliefs. Thank you.

All is well.. We are going to have a lot of fun in heaven together with our loving Lord! ..Bless you...:)

D

Depleted

I am sorry, I do not know how to describe services... I can find you some videos if you wish.

We come, some songs in t he beginning, then something for children, then prayers, then preaching, songs, prayer, end.

Its quite hard for me to make a comparison, because I have never been to US or Australia or so.
Ack. Honestly, since you've been teaching me the eastern reformers are different than the western ones, I thought you knew how. John Huss/Jan Hus is one of the original reformers to all of us. I suspect the only difference is style.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Ack. Honestly, since you've been teaching me the eastern reformers are different than the western ones, I thought you knew how. John Huss/Jan Hus is one of the original reformers to all of us. I suspect the only difference is style.
I have been teaching nothing on this matter. I only apologized that my views can differ from the rest of CC members who incline to Calvinism, because I am from the different side of the globe.

Thats all.

A

Ariel82

Trofimus, I don't think your views differ as much as how you express them.

Or I should say they differ as much as one person who claims to be reformed as the next.

So far all I can see most reformed folks agree on are the 5 solas and the 5 TULIP DOCTRINE...all other doctrines are kind of diverse.

I know my church holds to the 5 solas also.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Trofimus, I don't think your views differ as much as how you express them.

Or I should say they differ as much as one person who claims to be reformed as the next.

So far all I can see most reformed folks agree on are the 5 solas and the 5 TULIP DOCTRINE...all other doctrines are kind of diverse.

I know my church holds to the 5 solas also.
Ok :)

But just agreeing on 5 points does not mean that our explanation of those points or their defense will be the same...

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017

Sounds like you knows to many lying pharisee's.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
But election is not really believing now is it?
Why do people keep trying to twist this, the elect believe if one doesn't believe they are not elect, in the same way that if one believes they are elect. The elect believe, those that believe are the elect, it really isn't that hard.

May 12, 2017
Why do people keep trying to twist this, the elect believe if one doesn't believe they are not elect, in the same way that if one believes they are elect. The elect believe, those that believe are the elect, it really isn't that hard.
Huh WOW, I was twisting anything.

D

Depleted

So, the truth is I never once interacted with you nor did I talk with you about your personal beliefs. Thank you.

All is well.. We are going to have a lot of fun in heaven together with our loving Lord! ..Bless you...:)
Let me speak the same kind of truth you spoke here:

Sugar mixed with vinegar, salt, and oil makes the perfect diet for everyone. Eat that and you won't die.

(I can do hogwash as well as you. I just don't call it truth.)

D

Depleted

I have been teaching nothing on this matter. I only apologized that my views can differ from the rest of CC members who incline to Calvinism, because I am from the different side of the globe.

Thats all.
That's what you've been teaching me. lol

I just don't get how. I see no difference between what you believe and the rest of us, other than we may name different early Reformers.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
You're right. It's not believing now. It's believing after God revives.

Election is cause.

Believing is effect.
To that the Father is the cause. I Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Ephesians 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,