Normal Sleep Time

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I will pray you adapt to good, sound sleep no matter when you must sleep, but especially for now. God bless you..

Thinking back to my USAF days, it makes me shudder to think how I worked "round-robin" shifts. That was three days three swings and three nights. What are the highers up thinking?

Two weeks ago I started working the 11pm - 7am shift. My sleep pattern has been totally disrupted. I feel drained all of the time. I don't have to work tonight so instead of working I am going to try to get some sleep while it is dark outside.

Feb 28, 2016
Two weeks ago I started working the 11pm - 7am shift. My sleep pattern has been totally disrupted. I feel drained all of the time. I don't have to work tonight so instead of working I am going to try to get some sleep while it is dark outside.
==============================================
Tourist,

we're so sorry to hear about your problem of sleeplessness...this is a pit-fall...

some of the most helpful things that we have found to rectify this is to cut-out caffeine
way before going to bed and a proper morning-limit has really helped, -very LOW dose for me'
no afternoon or evening adrenaline shots...also white sugar/sodas we cut-out years ago..
a relaxing herbal tea will help...we cut-out salty foods or snacks way before going to bed as we
found that it makes us visit the bathroom several times during the night...
a good night's sleep is a top priority for us and should be for all, but more so as we age....

we pray you find a good balance that will help you to rest and be refreshed....:)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks all for your good input.......educated and thorough. Now when I sleep upt to ten hours a night, I am going to enjoy it much more.......I also nap during the day. I remind myself of some of the old codgers I thought were strange in their sleeping so much when I was a child........now I am the one who nods off. You may have a laugh now...

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks all for your good input.......educated and thorough. Now when I sleep upt to ten hours a night, I am going to enjoy it much more.......I also nap during the day. I remind myself of some of the old codgers I thought were strange in their sleeping so much when I was a child........now I am the one who nods off. You may have a laugh now...
=====================================

:D:rolleyes: from (2) old codgers!!