Not a Salvation Issue / Not Required for Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 15, 2019
Not in the least. Salvation includes sanctification, which includes obedience to God and Christ. And don't let someone else's opinion of what is a salvation issue and what is not influence you. You have the Bible and the Holy Spirit, and you are accountable for yourself.
And apparently to you and others.

Sep 15, 2019
Great idea for a Topic!

1.) Salvation and maintenance thereof requires only two things:

Matthew
22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Notice that this does not allow for any man to get or stay saved by doing any magical 'work' or ordinance or sacraments. It is all based on faith and love. Jesus did all the heavy lifting on the Cross.

Ephesians
2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:
2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Verse 9 shows us that no man can boast that He acquired salvation by his own hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------

2.) Now we see verse 10... Here we see how 'other things' fit into the picture. God uses us to produce good work through the guidance and power of His Spirit. We are vessels and tools in
Spiritual baptism is. Do you understand the difference between the baptism of the Holy Spirit and water baptism? If so, you should not have to ask me that question.
WOW ! Touchy,much?
the master's hand.

Some things we do are simply ordinances and sacraments we do to remember what He did for us. These things are not required for Salvation, but can be profitable for understanding and growth if kept in their proper place.
In your first sentence you joined “maintenance” with salvation. Salvation is from the Lord.(through grace), anything else ( or added ) is from man , who must insert some limitations on grace.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
In your first sentence you joined “maintenance” with salvation. Salvation is from the Lord.(through grace), anything else ( or added ) is from man , who must insert some limitations on grace.
Abiding in the Vine and walking in the light is not work. The Prodigal Son went out of his way to leave, and Father did not stop him. He had to choose to leave and he had to chooses to come back. Father does not lock us in a canary cage.

Jun 25, 2020
Titus 1.16 .
Is this a Christian?
Do you even know the meaning of the word Christian yourself?
For you it is a name that a person calls themselves because they have confessed that Christ is Lord and believe that he was raised from the dead, but without any corresponding action or change in behavior.

The problem is that the demons also profess that Christ is Lord and have also stated that He is the Son of God. We read this in Luke 4:41. They also believe that Jesus died for humanity. They also believe that there is one God (James 2:19).

The demons believe and have professed that Christ is the Son of God, but do not obey God, and are not saved.
To only believe without corresponding action and not showing Christlike behavior, not loving God, not following Christ and not obeying God like Christ obeyed God makes you the same as a demon.

Jun 25, 2020
You said////
The problem with you is that you do not read the bible.

If you read the bible, you would have come across these bible verses/////
This is nutty . Each verse is not an isolated teaching or a doctrine. They are in a book / letter . They have an Audience, different timeline, Different Author , different context. Each verse has other verses around it which has a context within a larger context which has a central theme . To which we ask the simple questions . Who , when, why ,what ect ? .
This is text book ' proof texting ' , where you pull random verses out of context , string them together and assume just from there face value they ' teach ' what you think they ' teach ' .
This is not a bible discussion, this is not good bible study .

All these verses are not individual statements. The context is critical. A ' scattergun of ' look at all this mountain of proof texts i think support my beliefs ' shows you don't understand how to read the bible. There is no mysterious, secret technique however on how to read the bible but what you demonstrate here is terrible. Context , context, context.

-1 John 4:4

-Philippians 4:13

-1 Corinthians 10:13

-1 Peter 5:8-10

-2 Corinthians 2:14

-Romans 8:37

-2 Peter 1:3
-1 John 5:4

-John 15:5

-Romans 13:14
-James 4:7

All of these are not a list of verses that prove what you believe. There like one of those letters where the murderer cuts individual capital letters out of the newspaper to form a message.
Although the verses mentioned were addressed to the believers in Rome, Corinth etc.
They are however actually applicable to all who call themselves Christians.

To say that that the audience was only the believers in that area is basically saying that the entire New Testament does not apply to any Christian living in 2021. Which is ludicrous!

There is no part of the bible that is addressed to people living in the USA, Europe, Australia etc. Yes, you must look at the context; however it is applicable to all Christians.

Is that they reason why you do not want to read it the bible and apply it, because you believe it is not addressed to you and the country that you are living in?

Jun 25, 2020
people like Godcares isolate verses and try to build theology around them.

just throwing out out-of-context verses and chirping about them is invalid.
And which bible verses have I written out of context? You want to convince yourself that they are out of context because you do not want to do them because you do not love God.
These are excuses because you do not want to do what God tells you to do.

Also why does the bible have all these bible verses that I have mentioned? Do you think that God put them there because He thought that the bible was not long enough or was it because He wants us to read them and also apply them in our lives?
If God did not want us implement what is written in the bible verses that I mentioned and take them seriously, then they would not exist

Jun 25, 2020
funny

YOU did not answer the questions I posted to you or address the scripture along with it, so don't go acting all hoity-toity about someone else when you do the same.

And, you do it often with no apologies. You do this when your faulty theology is exposed.

But I agree with gb9 above. He described your tactics in 2 sentences.
You asked questions and then you addressed them yourself in your posts. Why would I respond to questions that have already been answered, it does not make sense.
If I had disagreed with them I would have responded.

I was actually surprised at your answers because from your previous posts in this thread you have shown that you do not want to obey God and have been supporting those who have the same mind-set as yourself.
I thought it was a sign of repentance, but seeing this post it is clearly not.

You are in agreement with gb9. I will also ask the same question, which bible verses have I written out of context? You want to convince yourself that they are out of context because you do not want to do them because you do not love God. Not only do your posts demonstrate that you do not read the bible that tells you God’s will. You are also offended at anyone that mentions parts of the bible that do not suit you.

Jun 25, 2020
You said////

All of these are not a list of verses that prove what you believe. There like one of those letters where the murderer cuts individual capital letters out of the newspaper to form a message.
I have been to different churches and have grown not to place reliance on the teachings of any church.

How would you know what a cult is any way? Cults deviate from the bible and promote teachings which are not biblical. Since you do not read the bible and do not want to obey it, how would you know whether a church is a cult or not?
The fact that you believe that verses from the bible would be promoted by cults shows that you do not know what a cult is.
Overall, it will be more beneficial for you to read the bible then to obsess about cults and what is wrong other churches.

I have noticed that when you cannot counter-argue what a member said, you resort to name calling which shows a lack of character.

I have also noticed that you are quick to label members who do not agree with you. You are also obsessed in calling other churches cults who do not support your ideology. I have seen this on many times with your posts to other members in this forum and the threads you have posted. Instead of finding fault with others and other churches you should make a self-evaluation and look at what is wrong with you. I doubt that you would not want to look at yourself because you would see un-Christlike and disobedient heart.
Your name calling will not lessen your character defects and your name calling makes you no better than a bully who attacks anyone who thinks and behaves differently them.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
For you it is a name that a person calls themselves because they have confessed that Christ is Lord and believe that he was raised from the dead, but without any corresponding action or change in behavior.

The problem is that the demons also profess that Christ is Lord and have also stated that He is the Son of God. We read this in Luke 4:41. They also believe that Jesus died for humanity. They also believe that there is one God (James 2:19).

The demons believe and have professed that Christ is the Son of God, but do not obey God, and are not saved.
To only believe without corresponding action and not showing Christlike behavior, not loving God, not following Christ and not obeying God like Christ obeyed God makes you the same as a demon.
Jesus died for those that have blood in their viens ( the life of the flesh is in the blood ) Demons do not count.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Although the verses mentioned were addressed to the believers in Rome, Corinth etc.

To say that that the audience was only the believers in that area is basically saying that the entire New Testament does not apply to any Christian living in 2021. Which is ludicrous!

There is no part of the bible that is addressed to people living in the USA, Europe, Australia etc. Yes, you must look at the context; however it is applicable to all Christians.

Is that they reason why you do not want to read it the bible and apply it, because you believe it is not addressed to you and the country that you are living in?
I haven't notice you quote verses from those letters ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I have been to different churches and have grown not to place reliance on the teachings of any church.

How would you know what a cult is any way? Cults deviate from the bible and promote teachings which are not biblical. Since you do not read the bible and do not want to obey it, how would you know whether a church is a cult or not?
The fact that you believe that verses from the bible would be promoted by cults shows that you do not know what a cult is.
Overall, it will be more beneficial for you to read the bible then to obsess about cults and what is wrong other churches.

I have noticed that when you cannot counter-argue what a member said, you resort to name calling which shows a lack of character.

I have also noticed that you are quick to label members who do not agree with you. You are also obsessed in calling other churches cults who do not support your ideology. I have seen this on many times with your posts to other members in this forum and the threads you have posted. Instead of finding fault with others and other churches you should make a self-evaluation and look at what is wrong with you. I doubt that you would not want to look at yourself because you would see un-Christlike and disobedient heart.
Your name calling will not lessen your character defects and your name calling makes you no better than a bully who attacks anyone who thinks and behaves differently them.
Virtue signalling.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

why are you going on about cults ,in response to my post ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

More importantly, do you know what it means to be ' in christ ' ? Sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption? regeneration? The good news?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

My point was you wildy quote individual verses out of context and mush them together as if they say what you think they say . Taking single verses, putting them together as if they spell out a single message is folly .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Did you actually read the post your responding to ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
We have two messages being preached and taught here. And they are significantly different. One one hand we have this idea ,and its more like catholic teachings. Catholics are taught that Jesus is not enough.....if a Catholic trusted in Jesus ALONE for Salvation, now that would be very different...... all Catholics believe in Jesus and are aware He died on the Cross to save them......but they do not follow the Scripture that says this is ENOUGH to save them.....they are taught that Jesus made Salvation POSSIBLE......He opened the door to Heaven.....but Catholic Salvation lasts the entire lifetime, with the Sacraments, works, Purgatory.....and on and on.....that is a DIFFERENT Gospel.......the Bible condemns a different Gospel.....a different Gospel has not ever saved a single soul......how can it? it is JESUS ALONE who saves, not us plus Jesus, or works plus Jesus.......anytime you add ANYTHING to His perfect Sacrifice, you nullify it completely......that is the true tragedy of the RCC....so many of them do love God and Jesus, but they are being deceived into following man-made traditions rather then what the Word says......and that breaks my heart more than anyone here knows......

Jesus ALONE = Salvation
Jesus plus ANYTHING = Hell

it's that simple......

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
And which bible verses have I written out of context? You want to convince yourself that they are out of context because you do not want to do them because you do not love God.
These are excuses because you do not want to do what God tells you to do.

Also why does the bible have all these bible verses that I have mentioned? Do you think that God put them there because He thought that the bible was not long enough or was it because He wants us to read them and also apply them in our lives?
If God did not want us implement what is written in the bible verses that I mentioned and take them seriously, then they would not exist

there are 31, 102 verses in the Bible. anyone can cut and paste and conjoin and jump around and make them say whatever one wants them to say.

but, that is not valid theology.

like yours.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
We will never be sinless until glorification. Many are not saved yet and are trying to live as a Christian.
When we confess to being sinful and repent of being in that state---ask forgiveness of all our sins, then we are forgiven and made the same as being sinless. We take on Christ within us, and through Christ we are made righteous.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
When we confess to being sinful and repent of being in that state---ask forgiveness of all our sins, then we are forgiven and made the same as being sinless. We take on Christ within us, and through Christ we are made righteous.
Could you where the bible says this ?