Not able to edit post

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Hi, all.

Am a little surprised to hear one cannot edit a post after it is submitted. I take it that the same applies to threads?

Also, is it possible to just DELETE a thread, altogether?
Users have five minutes to delete/edit their post content prior to it becoming permanent.

After that time only Admin can edit or delete delete content and usually the only time we will do that is if the content violates our TOS. Simply put, (among other things) it isn't fair to the users who participated in the thread to have their posts removed just because the OP has poster's regret. Often even removing a single post means removing every post that quoted that removed post and then having to remove the posts that quoted those because they would be meaningless without the context and quickly you have completely gutted a thread because one user wanted a post removed.

May 20, 2013
Users have five minutes to delete/edit their post content prior to it becoming permanent.

After that time only Admin can edit or delete delete content and usually the only time we will do that is if the content violates our TOS. Simply put, (among other things) it isn't fair to the users who participated in the thread to have their posts removed just because the OP has poster's regret. Often even removing a single post means removing every post that quoted that removed post and then having to remove the posts that quoted those because they would be meaningless without the context and quickly you have completely gutted a thread because one user wanted a post removed.

Makes sense. Thank you so much for explaining!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hi, all.

Am a little surprised to hear one cannot edit a post after it is submitted. I take it that the same applies to threads?

Also, is it possible to just DELETE a thread, altogether?
I don't see it as a big deal. Don't post anything you'll wish you hadn't, and if you do, be an adult and own up to it. I have said plenty of stupid things here, but, just like in real life, i can't erase it. And i'm ok with that.

Though, only after writing out an answer did i see Once already responded to you. But i had my 5 minutes to fix my answer. Stupidity avoided. ;)

May 20, 2013
I don't see it as a big deal. Don't post anything you'll wish you hadn't, and if you do, be an adult and own up to it. I have said plenty of stupid things here, but, just like in real life, i can't erase it. And i'm ok with that.

Though, only after writing out an answer did i see Once already responded to you. But i had my 5 minutes to fix my answer. Stupidity avoided. ;)
Not so much not being able to own up, as much as just feeling like some of my posts from years ago were very personal and a snapshot of what I was going through at the time. Was just wondering.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Not so much not being able to own up, as much as just feeling like some of my posts from years ago were very personal and a snapshot of what I was going through at the time. Was just wondering.
These are the types of posts that really allow the other members to know who you are and what you are about. There is no reason to want to have them deleted as they were part of who you were at the time that you wrote them.

May 20, 2013
These are the types of posts that really allow the other members to know who you are and what you are about. There is no reason to want to have them deleted as they were part of who you were at the time that you wrote them.

I suppose that's true. And in a way it could be a testimony. :)

Dec 29, 2018
I discovered this today.....

Within my 5 minute time limit I noticed two words that I missed capitalization of, I clicked edit, then made BOTH corrections then clicked save. Thinking all was fine I moved on. In the post now only one of the corrections was saved, the other did not save.

Odd.