Not able to edit post

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

StoneThrower

I posted a reply tonight and after the fact found spelling errors but the edit post button is missing?

Sep 10, 2013
You have 5 minutes to edit your post after you wrote it. After 5 minutes the editing is no longer possible and the button disappears.

Edit: I believe it's like this. :p

Last edited:
S

StoneThrower

You have 5 minutes to edit your post after you wrote it. After 5 minutes the editing is no longer possible and the button disappears.

Edit: I believe it's like this. :p
Thanks thats very differnt than I am acoustomed to, ussually if its yours you can edit it with no time restriction.

U

Ugly

Thanks thats very differnt than I am acoustomed to, ussually if its yours you can edit it with no time restriction.
This policy is in place for a number of reasons. Sites been around a long time to help maintain some control they have had to resort to this. As well as some other reasons. So it won't be changing any time soon.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Jul 22, 2014
One solution would be to proofread your reply BEFORE you hit the "post reply" button. That way, you can check spelling and whatnot. :)
Many times I do and there are still mistakes I miss. For example: This morning I proof read a post while I was writing it. I thought, that should solve the problem. But it didn't. I still noticed mistakes that I had to correct. This is because it is easier to read the text in it's final result.

Anyways, thank you for the rep. May God bless you.

Jul 22, 2014
Also, if you are concerned about how you charge for editing while other sites do not, you can provide a history or explanation as to why you do charge for it. You know, to keep the place add free and yet also prevent sinister folks trying to slander others. But do not take my word for it, such a deciision should not be made unless everyone here who runs this site should pray over it first (of course).

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
Just finding this thread and new to the board. This is one of the few places that won't let one edit their posts. I'm all for accuracy and if I post something I need to correct please let me correct it anytime the error is found.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There has always been a 5 minute window for editing as long as I have been a member. Otherwise, someone could drastically edit a post to have it take on a new meaning than it originally had, and this after other members have responded to the post as it was first submitted. This would be also tend to be very disruptive to the natural ebb and flow of the conversation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Just finding this thread and new to the board. This is one of the few places that won't let one edit their posts. I'm all for accuracy and if I post something I need to correct please let me correct it anytime the error is found.
I'm sure that if something was seriously incorrect there would be no shortage of members that would be willing to take part in the correction process, particularly in the BDF.

Dec 29, 2018
There has always been a 5 minute window for editing as long as I have been a member. Otherwise, someone could drastically edit a post to have it take on a new meaning than it originally had, and this after other members have responded to the post as it was first submitted. This would be also tend to be very disruptive to the natural ebb and flow of the conversation.
Yes, that could happen and would be very noticeable in the discrepancy between the quote above my post and the now edited OP.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yes, that could happen and would be very noticeable in the discrepancy between the quote above my post and the now edited OP.
The OP was written in 2014, and has not been online since March of 2015.. This is a 4 1/2 year old thread.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
They won't change the edit time limit, so don't bother.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Simple solution: proofread, proofread, proofread!!! Then before you hit the "post reply" button, proofread it again..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
One solution would be to proofread your reply BEFORE you hit the "post reply" button. That way, you can check spelling and whatnot. :)
Yes indeed that's the way to do it.. When you are in a rush and forget to do this then you end up being embarrassed because of type errors..

I always try my best to remember to do this for my posts but sometimes i forget :rolleyes::( and have to eat humble pie. LOL

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The OP was written in 2014, and has not been online since March of 2015.. This is a 4 1/2 year old thread.
True.. it's good to bring up the topic so that new comers can get the news and avoid any mistakes..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
True.. it's good to bring up the topic so that new comers can get the news and avoid any mistakes..

True.. :) She said her OP was edited somewhere here, so I was just pointing out that the actual OP hasn't been here in 5 years, because it sounded like she was the original OP, when in fact she wasn't.. :)

May 20, 2013
Hi, all.

Am a little surprised to hear one cannot edit a post after it is submitted. I take it that the same applies to threads?

Also, is it possible to just DELETE a thread, altogether?