Not all who wander are lost, but I am!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BornHempy

Apr 12, 2023
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Hey everyone,
I am Born Hempy or Andrea by birth. I was born in Hemphill; Texas and I feel about as small as that place is right now. I have a son that is nineteen who loved me one minute and hasn't spoken to me since that minute and that was almost three years ago. Sixty-five days ago, my fifteen-year-old daughter decided she too was done with my parenting and ran off with her girlfriend and landed at the father's she's never know eight hours away, because I' wasn't allowed to correct her behavior. Her walking out brought back all the childhood trauma that I had once tucked away very deeply. I have been saved since I was fifteen and I raised both of my children in the same church I grew up in, without my nonbelieving parents. I was sexually, mentally, and physically abused for most of my childhood. My parents are now passed, and I have no other family other than two siblings that are more screwed up than I am. I quit high school when I was nineteen and have spent the last sixteen years working as much as I could to provide as much as i could on the choices I was making at the time. I moved to Houston two years ago for a fresh start after the kids and I lost everything to our name. Since moving to Houston, I finished high school, and I am now a first-generation college student working on a Bachelor of Science degree. I just finished my first year with a 4.0 GPA and even made the president's list. As great of accomplishments as those sounds, when a person is as broken as I am, it's hard to really understand much of the life that's passing me by. I didn't know how broken I was until getting into college and learning the ends and outs of mental health and addiction. It changed my life in a way I never thought possible. My daughter walking out stopped my life dead in its tracks. I suddenly feel like a monster that is unworthy of anything more than the chaos i was born into. While I didn't always make the right choices, there wasn't a day that passed. I didn't put my children first. I didn't know then what I know now. Then I thought I was a great mother. Now I am saddened because I failed in a way, I wasn't even aware of until I started learning mental health. I am lost. I am discouraged, and any time I stand up for myself or try to set boundaries, I'm punished and walked out on. I'm at the end. I know God has a purpose for my life, but I never imagine my life without my little girl. I spent fifteen years watching her sleep and making sure she stayed safe, and no harm came her way, and I was so good at it that she's never missed a drop of sleep. She was my universe, my only reason to believe there was good out there. She was the first thing I ever liked about myself and now she's gone. I didn't even get to fight with her. We never screamed at each other or had one of those i hate you fights. I thought our relationship was okay; I thought we were close, and I was completely wrong. She hates me and won't even tell me why. She just ignores me. She kissed me and said I'd see her the next day. That was sixty-five days ago. She replaced me in one day and I don't know how I'm supposed to feel like anything more than a monster. Why would I ever try to stand up for myself again? She lied to me and when I tried to correct hher,I lost her. don't understand. I know I'm not the only one to experience something like this, and I know she isn't doing anything all the other kids do at some point, but it all happened too fast for me to keep up. None of my world makes sense and I feel like I'm trapped in a corner, and I got to come out soon. I have joined multiple platforms looking for people to connect with, but I'm bad at it and don't really connect well. I am trying harder than I ever have in my life, but I'm struggling to exist right now. My parents failed to teach me anything except for how to screw up my kids while thinking my best would never be enough. Anyway, I just need a few people to connect with and maybe find my way back. My soul hurts and I just need somewhere to belong and one day that I don't wish God wouldn't have made such a mistake. I went from getting kisses and I love you to being ignored and nonexistent in sixty-five days. I'm still sitting in the same spot waiting for her to come back and make all this end. and she hasn't even missed me enough to call me since shes been gone. I don't want. to see tomorrow today was plenty. I have my faith and im holding on to my mustard seed tight. If nothing else, if you read all this even if you don't respond, just send a little prayer my way please and thank you. i appreciate the space and allowing me to be present. Thank you all.
Andrea

Attachments

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hey everyone,
I am Born Hempy or Andrea by birth. I was born in Hemphill; Texas and I feel about as small as that place is right now. I have a son that is nineteen who loved me one minute and hasn't spoken to me since that minute and that was almost three years ago. Sixty-five days ago, my fifteen-year-old daughter decided she too was done with my parenting and ran off with her girlfriend and landed at the father's she's never know eight hours away, because I' wasn't allowed to correct her behavior. Her walking out brought back all the childhood trauma that I had once tucked away very deeply. I have been saved since I was fifteen and I raised both of my children in the same church I grew up in, without my nonbelieving parents. I was sexually, mentally, and physically abused for most of my childhood. My parents are now passed, and I have no other family other than two siblings that are more screwed up than I am. I quit high school when I was nineteen and have spent the last sixteen years working as much as I could to provide as much as i could on the choices I was making at the time. I moved to Houston two years ago for a fresh start after the kids and I lost everything to our name. Since moving to Houston, I finished high school, and I am now a first-generation college student working on a Bachelor of Science degree. I just finished my first year with a 4.0 GPA and even made the president's list. As great of accomplishments as those sounds, when a person is as broken as I am, it's hard to really understand much of the life that's passing me by. I didn't know how broken I was until getting into college and learning the ends and outs of mental health and addiction. It changed my life in a way I never thought possible. My daughter walking out stopped my life dead in its tracks. I suddenly feel like a monster that is unworthy of anything more than the chaos i was born into. While I didn't always make the right choices, there wasn't a day that passed. I didn't put my children first. I didn't know then what I know now. Then I thought I was a great mother. Now I am saddened because I failed in a way, I wasn't even aware of until I started learning mental health. I am lost. I am discouraged, and any time I stand up for myself or try to set boundaries, I'm punished and walked out on. I'm at the end. I know God has a purpose for my life, but I never imagine my life without my little girl. I spent fifteen years watching her sleep and making sure she stayed safe, and no harm came her way, and I was so good at it that she's never missed a drop of sleep. She was my universe, my only reason to believe there was good out there. She was the first thing I ever liked about myself and now she's gone. I didn't even get to fight with her. We never screamed at each other or had one of those i hate you fights. I thought our relationship was okay; I thought we were close, and I was completely wrong. She hates me and won't even tell me why. She just ignores me. She kissed me and said I'd see her the next day. That was sixty-five days ago. She replaced me in one day and I don't know how I'm supposed to feel like anything more than a monster. Why would I ever try to stand up for myself again? She lied to me and when I tried to correct hher,I lost her. don't understand. I know I'm not the only one to experience something like this, and I know she isn't doing anything all the other kids do at some point, but it all happened too fast for me to keep up. None of my world makes sense and I feel like I'm trapped in a corner, and I got to come out soon. I have joined multiple platforms looking for people to connect with, but I'm bad at it and don't really connect well. I am trying harder than I ever have in my life, but I'm struggling to exist right now. My parents failed to teach me anything except for how to screw up my kids while thinking my best would never be enough. Anyway, I just need a few people to connect with and maybe find my way back. My soul hurts and I just need somewhere to belong and one day that I don't wish God wouldn't have made such a mistake. I went from getting kisses and I love you to being ignored and nonexistent in sixty-five days. I'm still sitting in the same spot waiting for her to come back and make all this end. and she hasn't even missed me enough to call me since shes been gone. I don't want. to see tomorrow today was plenty. I have my faith and im holding on to my mustard seed tight. If nothing else, if you read all this even if you don't respond, just send a little prayer my way please and thank you. i appreciate the space and allowing me to be present. Thank you all.
Andrea
I love you, Andrea. I would like to be your friend. You are right about Jesus being the Master Physician. He made us, and in his good time, He will remake us - perfect and new. Just trust in Him and His timing. He knows what is best for us and what the best way is to draw us closer to Himself. I am so glad you came. :)(y):coffee:

PS. Thank you for your testimony. I will pray that God give you special peace and joy on this day.

1 Peter 5:

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Dearest Andrea... I am so so sorry to hear of your present circumstances and heartbreak, but if I know anything,
it is that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His
purpose. Today you are grieving the loss of your daughter, and your son, too, and you are also learning a lot
about how your own childhood traumas impacted you, and that knowledge will help bring healing over time.
When I was young, didn't fifteen year olds think they knew everything? Your daughter has been sheltered
because you did a very good job of being her mom and protecting her from the very things she now wants to
learn about. Please try not to beat yourself up. I will pray for you and also hope you are able to find a support
group in real time where you can benefit from the experience, strength, and hope of those who have been
through similar experiences and survived to live happy, serene, peaceful and loving lives, with the help of God.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome Andrea and so glad the Lord led you to CC! One of my favorite Scriptures is:
Philippians 4:6-7 NLT
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.
Remember keep faith in the compassion of God/Jesus/Holy Spirit they are for us and not against😍 God bless you and your family, IJN Amen🙏.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Welcome Andrea and so glad the Lord led you to CC! One of my favorite Scriptures is:
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.
Remember keep faith in the compassion of God/Jesus/Holy Spirit they are for us and not against😍 God bless you and your family, IJN Amen🙏.

Philippians 4:6, 7, & 19
:)

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Hey everyone,
Andrea
God bless you Andrea, God is “pruning” you. This will make you stronger in the LORD, hold fast as you said, because God is not discouraged, we just need to realise that He is still on the throne, it helps to look at the big picture.
Don’t lose hope about your children because God is able to do exceeding abundantly more than we ask or think.
You need to function. Don’t allow Satan to drown you in sorrow.
At this time, distract yourself with other things you enjoy doing, not to forget your children but to be occupied for your health and sanity.
Praying for you. 🙏

BornHempy

Apr 12, 2023
BAYTOWN, TEXAS

BornHempy

Apr 12, 2023
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
I love you, Andrea. I would like to be your friend. You are right about Jesus being the Master Physician. He made us, and in his good time, He will remake us - perfect and new. Just trust in Him and His timing. He knows what is best for us and what the best way is to draw us closer to Himself. I am so glad you came. :)(y):coffee:

PS. Thank you for your testimony. I will pray that God give you special peace and joy on this day.

1 Peter 5:

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

You are a doll. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I came to the right spot today for sure. I almost cried when I read I love you. It's crazy how much a person can miss those words and not even know how much until you read them and a tear drops out of the corner of your eye. One day at a time, right?

Andrea

BornHempy

Apr 12, 2023
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Dearest Andrea... I am so so sorry to hear of your present circumstances and heartbreak, but if I know anything,
it is that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His
purpose. Today you are grieving the loss of your daughter, and your son, too, and you are also learning a lot
about how your own childhood traumas impacted you, and that knowledge will help bring healing over time.
When I was young, didn't fifteen year olds think they knew everything? Your daughter has been sheltered
because you did a very good job of being her mom and protecting her from the very things she now wants to
learn about. Please try not to beat yourself up. I will pray for you and also hope you are able to find a support
group in real time where you can benefit from the experience, strength, and hope of those who have been
through similar experiences and survived to live happy, serene, peaceful and loving lives, with the help of God.
Again. These words are everything I needed today. I have been looking for parenting support groups but I haven't really had much luck but I am still looking. Thank you for the amazing words of praise and insight, they are very much appreciated and the time you guys have given me is very much needed, and forever grateful. Thank you I hope you have an amazing Wednesday.
Andrea

BornHempy

Apr 12, 2023
BAYTOWN, TEXAS

Funny thing, I use to have that very scripture hanging on my door. Thank you for reminding me of that once very dear message. You guys have all been so encouraging. I don't know how long its been since all the comments were sent, but I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I appreciate the kind words and time you took to give me space in your day. Your time and kindness is very much appreciated. I am now going to take that scripture and post it all over my apartment. :)

Andrea

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Again. These words are everything I needed today. I have been looking for parenting support groups but I haven't really had much luck but I am still looking. Thank you for the amazing words of praise and insight, they are very much appreciated and the time you guys have given me is very much needed, and forever grateful. Thank you I hope you have an amazing Wednesday.
Andrea
There are other support groups you could look into, anything right now while you are so raw will help,
such as CoDA, or EA (Emotions Anonymous). They could be a great help in the interim. EA was my first
12 step program. There is more and better help and support in AA, but you may not feel you belong there.

https://emotionsanonymous.org/find-an-ea-meeting/usa-database/

oyster67

May 24, 2014
You are a doll. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I came to the right spot today for sure. I almost cried when I read I love you. It's crazy how much a person can miss those words and not even know how much until you read them and a tear drops out of the corner of your eye. One day at a time, right?

Andrea
Yup. It will all make sense someday.

Soon, I hope. :)(y)

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Hey everyone,
Andrea
ow that really hurts

you've got stop trying and struggling, let Jesus do it ALL ... you are that person in the water struggling to stay afloat ... you've got to somehow surrender into the strong arms of Jesus ... He WILL save you ...