Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ralph-

A friend addressed me about picking up the cross, then crossed my mind: Is picking up the cross work or a labor of Love.
Trouble is the question could also be: Is picking up the cross labour or a work of Love. Though I prefer the first question as work is more associated with works of the Law (except for James). Also picking up your cross is not about proving yourself righteous since the reason we do is because we are sinners. Having fellowship in the sufferings and death of Christ frees us from our sin, dying to all that is not of God. There is difference between forgiven and overcoming and we need to know we are loved as we are before we can be motivated to change out of Love. The Languages are confused until we walk in Love. Until then words like labourer and worker could divide us, our weapons could end up fighting one another, saying the same thing differently. We will only be united by the Holy Spirit. The work is not about proving ourselves righteous. "It's no longer I that lives but Christ," this will not change, without the Holy Spirit we don't have a life. The work is walking in the light we have to get more light, but as soon as we think we can prove ourselves righteous we are deceiving ourselves and will fall. By the works of the Law shall no man be justified in His sight. rather "Pride goes before the fall."
Yes, it is definitely not about OUR righteousness. It's about proving you have the righteousness of Christ in you by the Holy Spirit. You show and prove by how you act whether you have the right standing of Christ applied to your account through faith in Christ. The Bible tells us to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith-2 Corinthians 13:5. It's impossible to say it doesn't say that.

Also, work is work. Period. The question is, are your works being done to save yourself, or because you are saved? This isn't about the work itself. This is about WHY you are working, or trying to work as in the case of the unbeliever. That is what the church does not get. It's about HOW you're hoping to be justified, not about if you're doing works or not. Works are a required part of salvation because that's what follows the person who has been justified by faith in the forgiveness and love of God in Christ. Works being required doesn't have to only mean you earn salvation that way. It can also mean they are required because that's what people who have faith in Christ do. And if you're not doing them that you may not be forgiven in Christ at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
It's NOT that we MUST have works in order to become saved but that we WILL have works IF we truly are saved. ;)
Can those works from those who truly believe they are saved be "Lawless" works? Once Christ's Spirit dwells in me, will I create images of God in the likeness of man? Can I openly sin against God with His Spirit in me? Can I create laws, and High Days and my own Sabbaths with the Spirit of Christ in me?

The Bible say no Dan.

So if I see someone who "Comes in Christ's Name", preaching that Jesus is truly the Messiah, but they openly reject God's very first and greatest commandment regarding the creation of any image of God in the likeness of anything on earth, or they have created their own High Days and placed them on some ancient pagan festival, has not the judgment against these "WORKS" of man already been given?

Can we live in these ancient religious traditions which transgress the Commandments of God, which Jesus rejected the Mainstream Preachers of His time for doing, and still be recognized by the Christ?

He says no Dan. How can you reconcile this?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Or else! LOL, you make it Yahshua's blood/mercy OR perfect obedience, there is no or:

Revelation 14:12-13, “Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the Commands of יהוה and the Belief of יהושע. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”

Exodus 20:6, “But showing love to thousands who love Me by keeping My Laws.”

John/Yahanan 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”

1 John 1:8-10, “If we say that we have no sin, we are misleading ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is trustworthy and righteous to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.”

1 John 3:4, "Whoever commits sin, transgresses also the Law; for sin is the transgression of the Law."

1 John 2:1-2, “My little children, I write this to you, so that you do not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Intercessor with the Father, יהושע Messiah, a righteous One. And He Himself is an atoning offering for our sins, and not for ours only but also for all the world.”

ALOS:

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

Only someone in oppisition to Him and His Commands would call them heavy or burdensome...

Deuteronomy 30:11-13, “For this Law which I command you this day is not hidden from you, nor is it beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask; Who will ascend up into heaven for us, and bring it to us, so that we may hear it and then do it? Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask; Who will cross the sea, and bring it to us, so that we may hear it and then do it?”

What is burdensome or heavy?

You have no other mighty ones against My face. (If you love YHWH you will do)
You shall not have idols. (If you love YHWH you will do)
You shall not take the name of YHWH your Strength in vain. (If you love YHWH you will do)
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it set apart. (If you love YHWH you will do)
Honor your father and your mother. (If you love you fellow human you will do)
You shall not murder. (If you love you fellow human you will do)
You shall not commit adultery. (If you love you fellow human you will do)
You shall not steal. (If you love you fellow human you will do)
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (If you love you fellow human you will do)
You shall not covet. (If you love you fellow human you will do)

Burdensome? NO

Loving to YHWH and our neighbor? YES.

How can you have love any other way? You can not, well you can have human made up love, a made up human standard of what love is, those 2 are easy to twist into whatever we want them to be huh? Nayone in the Spirit of Yah would readily accept the Instructions as YHWH says...

What is the difference between YHWH and Jehovah?

Dec 12, 2013
Only someone who mixes law and grace/old covenant with new covenant would make such a statement/straw man argument.

Exactly.........and on top of that the lawyers and Pharisees are blind to the fact that the sole purpose of the law is to condemn and prove guilt and in so doing POINT US TO CHRIST AND HIS IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS WITHOUT THE LAW BY FAITH!

Dec 12, 2013
I love these lawyers and Pharisees who use a cut and dry approach to this attitude that a saved child of God keeps the law all the time or God does not recognize them.....blah blah blah......David speaks of salvation in the present tense, God states David is a man after His own heart, blessed David and yet David MURDERED and Committed ADULTRY......Was he cut off? Was he stoned to death under the law? Was he ostracised and cut off by God and forsaken? No he was not......He was approached by the prophet Nathan at God's prompting, forgiven and paid the price as a son of God dia chastening........You all need to get over the fact that the saved children of God fail, sin, break the law and yet are dealt with AS SONS AND DAUGHTERS WHICH CANNOT BE LOST....even the children of Israel in the wilderness were still led by God, provided for, had his presence, way of worship, given the law to point to Christ etc......and THE SAVED WILL HAVE WORKS OF EVERY GAMBIT...INCLUDING WOOD, HAY AND STUBBLE!

Last edited:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I love these lawyers and Pharisees who use a cut and dry approach to this attitude that a saved child of God keeps the law all the time or God does not recognize them.....blah blah blah......Davif speaks of salvation in the present tense, God states David is a man after His own heart, blessed David and yet David MURDERED and Committed ADULTRY......Was he cut off? Was he stoned to death under the law? Was he ostracised and cut off by Gid and forsaken? No he was not......He was approached by the prophet Nathan at God's prompting, forgiven and paid the price as a son of God dia chastening........You all need to get over the fact that the saved children of God fail, sin, break the law and yet are dealt with AS SONS AND DAUGHTERS WHICH CANNOT BE LOST....even the children of Israel in the wilderness were still led by God, provided for, had his presence, way of worship, given the law to point to Christ etc......and THE SAVED WILL HAVE WORKS OF EVERY GAMBIT...INCLUDING WOOD, HAY AND STUBBLE!
What does look for?
A child after his own heart.
A heart that seeks after him is a heart he can work with and refine.

If we look at David and his actions we consequences they led to the death of many people.

2 Samuel 24:13-17
13 So Gad came to David and told him; and he said to him, “Shall seven years of famine come to you in your land? Or shall you flee three months before your enemies, while they pursue you? Or shall there be three days’ plague in your land? Now consider and see what answer I should take back to Him who sent me.”
14 And David said to Gad, “I am in great distress. Please let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man.”
15 So the Lord sent a plague upon Israel from the morning till the appointed time. From Dan to Beersheba seventy thousand men of the people died. 16 And when the angel stretched out His hand over Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord relented from the destruction, and said to the angel who was destroying the people, “It is enough; now restrain your hand.” And the angel of the Lord was by the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.
17 Then David spoke to the Lord when he saw the angel who was striking the people, and said, “Surely I have sinned, and I have done wickedly; but these sheep, what have they done? Let Your hand, I pray, be against me and against my father's house.”

Dec 12, 2013
What does look for?
A child after his own heart.
A heart that seeks after him is a heart he can work with and refine.

If we look at David and his actions we consequences they led to the death of many people.

2 Samuel 24:13-17
13 So Gad came to David and told him; and he said to him, “Shall seven years of famine come to you in your land? Or shall you flee three months before your enemies, while they pursue you? Or shall there be three days’ plague in your land? Now consider and see what answer I should take back to Him who sent me.”
14 And David said to Gad, “I am in great distress. Please let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man.”
15 So the Lord sent a plague upon Israel from the morning till the appointed time. From Dan to Beersheba seventy thousand men of the people died. 16 And when the angel stretched out His hand over Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord relented from the destruction, and said to the angel who was destroying the people, “It is enough; now restrain your hand.” And the angel of the Lord was by the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.
17 Then David spoke to the Lord when he saw the angel who was striking the people, and said, “Surely I have sinned, and I have done wickedly; but these sheep, what have they done? Let Your hand, I pray, be against me and against my father's house.”
Amen....many wonderful lessons from David's life and a prime example of a sinner saved by grace who struggled with sin yet always looked unto God while having complete assurance in the fact that God loved David and would bring him through it all......David was no stranger to the chastisment of God because of very grieveous sin....

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Amen....many wonderful lessons from David's life and a prime example of a sinner saved by grace who struggled with sin yet always looked unto God while having complete assurance in the fact that God loved David and would bring him through it all......David was no stranger to the chastisment of God because of very grieveous sin....
Also I would say that David did not use it as an excuse to sin.
Seems like some here insinuate that when we sin it's an excuse to sin. We use the grace of God to sin.

David knew the grace of God, knew his sin and bought it before God. And yes he acknowledges the consequences.

Yet hen says "But these sheep, what have they done, its me who has done wrong not them

Dec 27, 2017
Seems like some here insinuate that when we sin it's an excuse to sin. We use the grace of God to sin.

David knew the grace of God, knew his sin and bought it before God. And yes he acknowledges the consequences.

Yet hen says "But these sheep, what have they done, its me who has done wrong not them
It is a true and wise saying. If you are preaching and teaching the real Gospel and someone says you are giving people an excuse or license to sin, then you are teaching and preaching the Gospel correctly.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 6:63, “It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words (Instructions) that I (Yahshua/Jesus) speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John 12:25-26, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life shall lose it, and he who hates his life in this world shall preserve it for everlasting life." Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 25:31-46, “And when the Son of Aḏam comes in His esteem, and all the set-apart messengers with Him, then He shall sit on the throne of His esteem. And all the nations shall be gathered before Him, and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats. And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the Sovereign shall say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the reign prepared for you from the foundation of the world for I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me. Then the righteous shall answer Him, saying, ‘Master, when did we see You hungry and we fed You, or thirsty and gave You to drink? And when did we see You a stranger and took You in, or naked and clothed You? And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and we came to You? And the Sovereign shall answer and say to them, ‘Truly, I say to you, in so far as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you did it to Me. He shall then also say to those on the left hand, ‘Go away from Me, accursed ones, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his messengers for I was hungry and you gave Me no food, I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, was naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me. Then they also shall answer Him, saying, ‘Master, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not serve You? Then He shall answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, in so far as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life.”[/FONT]

Dec 12, 2013
It is a true and wise saying. If you are preaching and teaching the real Gospel and someone says you are giving people an excuse or license to sin, then you are teaching and preaching the Gospel correctly.
All workers for, lawyers, Pharisees and those who deny eternal security accuse of such a thing......Where sin abounds, grace did much more abound!

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017

David lost his son, Billy, He was humiliated before the people like none of us have ever experienced. He paid a great price for the Grace he received for the rest of his life.

David was shown his sin, that is how he knew of it, as was the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time. The difference is David repented and changed, the mainstream preachers doubled down on their man made traditions which transgressed the commandments of God, and killed the messenger.

14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

And religions have been using him and his sin as an excuse to reject God's Word ever since.

You really should post all the things that happened to David as a result of his sin and "God's Grace". It would make for a more accurate account of what God is actually teaching through these scriptures.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hebrews 10:36, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hebrews 3:14, “For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]For scripture interprets scripture, and nobody can preach or teach differently than what Yahshua already taught, and He Himself said He taught the doctrine of YHWH. What is promised to us is eternal life, so once again; once you have done the will of Yah in your life, in the resurrection you receive it. Not before.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Revelation 3:21, “To him who overcomes I shall give to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Revelation 12:11, “And they overcame him because of the Blood of the Lamb, and because of the Word of their witness, and they did not love their lives to the death."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 25:23, “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Corinthians 15:51-55, “See, I speak a secret to you: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible has to put on incorruption, and this mortal to put on immortality. And when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall come to be the word that has been written, “Death is swallowed up in overcoming. O Death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your overcoming?”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Exodus 32:31-33, “And Mosheh returned to [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and said, “Oh, these people have sinned a great sin, and have made for themselves a mighty one of gold! and now, if You would forgive their sin, but if not, please blot me out of Your book which You have written. and [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]said to Mosheh, whoever has sinned against Me, I blot him out of My book.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Psalm 69:27-28, "Add iniquity to their iniquity! Let them not come into Your righteousness! May they be blotted out of The Book of Life, and not be written with the righteous!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Revelation 3:5, "He who overcomes, the same will be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name from The Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His malakim."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hebrews 10:26-31, “For if we sin purposely after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice offering for sins, but some fearsome anticipation of judgment, and a fierce fire which is about to consume the opponents. Anyone who has disregarded the Torah of Mosheh dies without compassion on the witness of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment do you think shall he deserve who has trampled the Son of Yah underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was set apart as common, and insulted the Spirit of mercy? For we know Him who has said, “Vengeance is Mine, I shall repay, says [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif].” And again, “[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]shall judge His people. It is fearsome to fall into the hands of the living Father.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 14:23, "Yahshua answered, and said to him: If a man loves Me, he will keep My teachings and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."[/FONT]

R

Ralph-

blind to the fact that the sole purpose of the law is to condemn and prove guilt
The sole purpose? That's not what my Bible says. Mine says all scripture is good for teaching, rebuking, correcting, AND TRAINING IN RIGHTEOUSNESS. Paul said this before there were the scriptures we call the New Testament.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
What is the difference between YHWH and Jehovah?
to say simnply adde vowel point sometime between 600 and 1100 ad were forced to be read as "adonai.lord" in place of YHWH, people read it with the vowels and Jehovah was made:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Numbers 6:23-27, "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying; This is how you are to bless the children of Israyl. Say to them; YHWH BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU. YHWH MAKE HIS FACE SHINE UPON YOU AND BE MERCIFUL TO YOU. YHWH LIFT UP HIS COUNTENANCE UPON YOU, AND GIVE YOU PEACE. So they will put MY NAME on the children of Israyl, and I will bless them."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jeremiah 2:8, "The priests did not ask; Where is YHWH? Those who deal with the Law did not know Me! The pastors also transgressed against Me, and the prophets prophesied in the name of Baal, and walked after things of worthlessness"[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is the Command that the "priests forbore", all supposedly because that "Rabbi" said, "but perhaps that is not so." Note "nor did the crimson-colored strap become white," this was the sign that their sins were forgiven. Also the Talmud RECORDS that after they killed Yahshua, from that time until the destruction Bayith YHWH (Solomon's Temple) the crimson colored strap NEVER turned white again.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Encyclopedia Judaica, Volume 7, page 680:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]YHWH. The personal name...written in the Hebrew Bible with the four consonants YHWH and is referred to as the ‘‘Tetragrammaton.’’ At least until the destruction of the First Temple in 586 B.C.E. this name was regularly pronounced with its proper vowels, as is clear from the Lachish[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Letters, written shortly before that date. But at least by the third century B.C.E. the pronunciation of the name YHWH was avoided, and Adonai, ‘‘the Lord,’’ was substituted for it, as evidenced by the use of the Greek word Kyrios, ‘‘Lord,’’ for YHWH in the Septuagint, the translation of the Hebrew Scriptures that was begun by Greek-speaking Jews in that century. Where the combined form ’Adonai YHWH occurs in the Bible, this was read as ’Adonai ’Elohim, ‘‘Lord God.’’ In the early Middle Ages, when the consonantal text of the Bible was supplied with vowel points to facilitate its correct traditional reading, the vowel points for ’Adonai with one variation—a sheva with the frst yod of YHWH instead of the hataf-patah under the aleph of ’Adonai—were used for YHWH, thus producing the form YeHoWaH. When Christian scholars of Europe frst began to study Hebrew, they did not understand what this really meant, and they introduced the hybrid name ‘‘Jehovah.’’ In order to avoid pronouncing even the sacred name ’Adonai for YHWH, the custom was later introduced of saying simply in Hebrew ha-Shem (or Aramaic Shema’, ‘‘the Name’’) even in such an expression as ‘‘Blessed be he that cometh in the name of YHWH’’ (Ps. 118:26). The avoidance of pronouncing the name YHWH is generally ascribed to a sense of reverence. More precisely, it was caused by a misunderstanding of the Third Commandment (Ex. 20:7; Deut. 5:11) as meaning ‘‘Thou shalt not take the name of YHWH thy God in vain,’’ whereas it really means ‘‘You shall not swear falsely by the name of YHWH your God’’ (JPS). The true pronunciation of the name of YHWH was never lost. Several early Greek writers of the Christian Church testify that the name was pronounced ‘‘Yahweh.’[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Kiddushin, page 71a[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]...R. Abina opposed [two verses]: It is written, 'this is my name'; but it is also written, 'and this is my memorial'?__The Holy One, blessed be He, said: I am not called as I am written: I am written with yod he, but I am read, alef daleth.7. The Tetragrammaton is yod he waw he (YHWH); but it is read adonai = alef daleth nun yod (ADNY)...[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As shown above the vowels from Adonai and Elohim were added to YHWH:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]adonai[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]YaHoWaH[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]elohim[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]YeHoWiH[/FONT]

Tetragrammaton-related-Masoretic-vowel-points.png

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Exactly.........and on top of that the lawyers and Pharisees are blind to the fact that the sole purpose of the law is to condemn and prove guilt and in so doing POINT US TO CHRIST AND HIS IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS WITHOUT THE LAW BY FAITH!
INtent?

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 22:37-40, "Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. (Deut 6:5) This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev 19:18) On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

all” is word #G3650 - holos - Strong's Concordance, holos: whole, complete, Original Word: ὅλος, η, ον, Part of Speech: Adjective, Transliteration: holos, Phonetic Spelling: (hol'-os), Short Definition: all, the whole, entire, Definition: all, the whole, entire, complete
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 7:12-14, "Therefore, all things you want men to do to you, do the same to them, for this is the (intent of the) Law and the Prophets. Enter in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who go that way. Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way which leads to life, and few there are who find it." [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Timothy 1:5, “Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.”

1 Timothy 1:5-7, " But the goal* of the commandment is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions."

(goal)is word #G5056 –télos; Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance) - #5056 telos {tel'-os} from a primary tello (to set out for a definite point or goal)

HELPS Word-studies – 5056 télos (a neuter noun) – properly, consummation (the end-goal, purpose), such as closure with all its results.

1 John 4:20, “"If someone says, "I love Yah," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love Yah whom he has not seen."

1 John 2:3-7, “And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Yah has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked. Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.”

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."
[/FONT]

Dec 12, 2013
The sole purpose? That's not what my Bible says. Mine says all scripture is good for teaching, rebuking, correcting, AND TRAINING IN RIGHTEOUSNESS. Paul said this before there were the scriptures we call the New Testament.[/QUOTE\]

Maybe study more and trust Jesus by faith and come to a biblical understanding......then read Romans and see the purpose of the law!

Dec 12, 2013
INtent?

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 22:37-40, "Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. (Deut 6:5) This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev 19:18) On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

all” is word #G3650 - holos - Strong's Concordance, holos: whole, complete, Original Word: ὅλος, η, ον, Part of Speech: Adjective, Transliteration: holos, Phonetic Spelling: (hol'-os), Short Definition: all, the whole, entire, Definition: all, the whole, entire, complete
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 7:12-14, "Therefore, all things you want men to do to you, do the same to them, for this is the (intent of the) Law and the Prophets. Enter in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who go that way. Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way which leads to life, and few there are who find it." [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Timothy 1:5, “Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.”

1 Timothy 1:5-7, " But the goal* of the commandment is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions."

(goal)is word #G5056 –télos; Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance) - #5056 telos {tel'-os} from a primary tello (to set out for a definite point or goal)

HELPS Word-studies – 5056 télos (a neuter noun) – properly, consummation (the end-goal, purpose), such as closure with all its results.

1 John 4:20, “"If someone says, "I love Yah," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love Yah whom he has not seen."

1 John 2:3-7, “And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Yah has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked. Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.”

[/FONT]
Like normal....a wall of text with no context and or application to the point made.....

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), YHWH; for it is not subject to the Law of YHWH, nor indeed can be[/FONT]"

Romans 7:14, “For we know that the Law is spiritual...”
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), YHWH; for it is not subject to the Law of YHWH, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh cannot please YHWH."[/FONT]