Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

would you rather someone who came here looking for answers not see the truth?

theres more at stake here than "winning an argument"
I would,rather people pray before they spoke and not cut and paste a standard response to all queries but ask God what should be said. Sometimes silence speaks louder than words if in your silence you pray an allow God to work in the other persons thoughts, fears and feelings.

Listening is a blessing when done from a heart filled with love and care for the other person.

I agree there is,more at stake then winning an argument...true doctrine frees the soul from the bonds of sin and lies told by the world perverting the Gospel message.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
When I see the blood I will pass over you <--applied by faith Pelican....maybe your god is weak and ineffectual...Mine is of power and keeps his word and saves by faith......
-applied by faith
but applied never the less. All the faith in the world would still not save the first born without the effort to apply the blood. This is the point you are sorely missing. So many trees but still you can not see the forest.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Acts 3:16, another "3:16" to remember. :)

It shows, for those who care, that faith comes from (dia, διά) Christ, not self. It is easy to derive from this it is his faith as well. He had faith in his Father, in his humanity while here on earth so it is not incorrect to say it is his faith, imho.

We all have obtained faith, it is not inherent; 2 Peter 2:1; Ephesians 1:19. People who are saying faith isn't a gift from God, while preaching at the same time it is of and from Christ?

Well, just think about that for a minute.

If ("since" really) it came from Christ, it didn't come from you, and thus it is a gift of God granted us; Philippians 1:29.

Not sure why so many fight against this truth, then preach all of salvation is from God, "...except for that part, I did that, and, oh yeah, I did that part too." lolzzzz...
So are you saying that everyone is going to be saved???? Because we know that it is not God's will that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Also it sates in 1 Tim.2:3-4

3.This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4. who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

So surely if your saying that it is Jesus' faith that saves us... then everyone will be saved, right....Because we know Jesus has definitely got enough faith to make that happen...

But by reading the rest of the scripture we know that not all will be saved... It is only "whosoever believes in HIM" John 3:16

Grace is the gift of God...
God calls us and draws us to his Son but we have to choose to believe and put our faith in him to obtain his gift of GRACE.

Last edited:

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
yes, Because God did all the work. Otherwise we would have to have faith in self. And work very hard to live up to Gods standard.

If I am drowning, I have to trust myself to save myself. Or if someone comes to save me, I have to let go of self. And trust in him to do the work to save me.

His rescuing me is a gift. But I have to trust him, if I do not and continue to try to save myself, I will die.
I agree with you here EG...Just like Peter when Jesus called him to walk on the water, Peter had faith in Jesus and walked, but then he took his eyes off Jesus because he feared his surroundings and began to sink...

Matthew 14:29=31[FONT=&quot]29 “Come!” answered Jesus. So Peter got out of the boat and started walking on the water to Jesus. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]30 But when he noticed the strong wind, he was afraid and started to sink down in the water. “Save me, Lord!” he cried.
[/FONT]
31 [FONT=&quot]At once Jesus reached out and grabbed hold of him and said, “What little faith you have! Why did you doubt?”...xox...[/FONT]

J

joefizz

Or perhaps is has something to do with his avatar?
Not too sure lol
Blessings
Bill
I don't know...
His avatar is of a scott yours is of a lion,both are tough,intimidating,and fight for dominance,uh oh,maybe you are twins!!!!!

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Google there can be only one .
Then movie Highlander.
Blessings
Bill