Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
His Spirit does not do or teach anything against what He spoke and is written:

John/Yahanan 14:26, “But the Comforter; the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I (Yahshua/Jesus) have said to you.”

John/Yahanan 6:63, “It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words (Instructions) that I (Yahshua/Jesus) speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting.”

IF the "spirit" is saying something other than what is written, it is not His Spirit.
Apparently, you have no idea what it means to be led of Him. Nor of His giftings. But, that another thread.

Be filled with His Spirit. Walk as He walked. That's obedience.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Psalm 25:8-10, “Good and upright is [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]: therefore will he teach sinners in the way. The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way. All the paths of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.”[/FONT]

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Apparently, you have no idea what it means to be led of Him. Nor of His giftings. But, that another thread.

Be filled with His Spirit. Walk as He walked. That's obedience.
I have no idea? You are judgemental and I have said nothing but we should depend on Him and His words, that His words are our guide. You are bring dishonest and rude.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Yes, Abraham learned by his mistakes as did all those God considered Righteous. That's what children do, they learn by their mistakes, they learn from falling. It's part of life. But you ignore God's Words regarding Abraham.

Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Abraham was considered righteous "BECAUSE" he followed God's Instructions, not because he rejected them as Uzzah did. You accuse Abraham of "many" sins after he turned to God in obedience. God, however, does not condemn him. But Cain God did condemn, Ham, God did condemn, Uzzah God did condemn. Like DJ said, it was because Abraham and Rehab trusted God enough to listen and follow His instructions that they were considered different than Uzzah and Ham who did not. Like Jesus said:

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

No one is saying they can forgive their own sins EG. I don't know why you keep implying this. But there is a difference between the "works" of Abraham and Rehab, and the "works" of Ham and Uzzah. And the difference is discerned by their choices, their "works". One trusted God enough to listen and follow His instructions, and one didn't. How can you deny this?
Am not EG, and he will answer well. I just have a point to make.

The new covenant is completely different from the old. The old is I will do this if you do that.

The new is a will of inheritance which none of the OT saints had.

Makes a whole different understand of truth if you put this fact into thinking.

now butting out.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I have no idea? You are judgemental and I have said nothing but we should depend on Him and His words, that His words are our guide. You are bring dishonest and rude.
Well, I too don't like to hear something I want to hold on to. But, eventually I have to. Truth has a way of doing that.

Am sorry you think me rude. I think you are a legalistic that confuses many with your legalistic wrong ideas about the body of Christ.

So keep posting, I will too.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We are saved by believing the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's all about believing. Those in Christ are called BELIEVERS! Here is just a sample of Scripture:

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Ephesians 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

E

eternally-gratefull

Am not EG, and he will answer well. I just have a point to make.
I do not answer most of his nonsense, Must like Ralph, or Johns imputation of Jesus Faith, I just ignore it. People make up stuff, and I get sick of trying to respond to made up stuff.. (like the pharisee did not think he was righteous because he obeyed Gods commands) there is only so many times you can respond until it just gets old.

He wants you to think Abraham was found by his works not his faith. Of course if this were true, Jesus could have kept his abode in heaven, and made us all earn our salvation by our works.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Well, I too don't like to hear something I want to hold on to. But, eventually I have to. Truth has a way of doing that.

Am sorry you think me rude. I think you are a legalistic that confuses many with your legalistic wrong ideas about the body of Christ.

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

in all things not just love. Is why we receive His Spirit. Otherwise, without Him, we cannot.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I do not answer most of his nonsense, Must like Ralph, or Johns imputation of Jesus Faith, I just ignore it. People make up stuff, and I get sick of trying to respond to made up stuff.. (like the pharisee did not think he was righteous because he obeyed Gods commands) there is only so many times you can respond until it just gets old.

He wants you to think Abraham was found by his works not his faith. Of course if this were true, Jesus could have kept his abode in heaven, and made us all earn our salvation by our works.

Exactly, EG, but what about the lambs? We can't faint in adversity. Is why I keep giving the scriptures, for my words are unprofitable.

to add this though, I see what John is saying, so not adding him in that exactly.

E

eternally-gratefull

I forgot I should have added his too. He says he depends on God, Yet all he does day in and day out is post on works and works and more works.. And now he says your rude and judgmental because you disagree with him.

when will it end.

E

eternally-gratefull

Exactly, EG, but what about the lambs? We can't faint in adversity. Is why I keep giving the scriptures, for my words are unprofitable.

to add this though, I see what John is saying, so not adding him in that exactly.
keep giving scripture. With what you think they mean, and not just post scripture like many, and leave people to guess what they are trying to say.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I forgot I should have added his too. He says he depends on God, Yet all he does day in and day out is post on works and works and more works.. And now he says your rude and judgmental because you disagree with him.

when will it end.

only He knows :)

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

People were not talking about how those Gentile Romans got saved, but their testimony now that they are saved. The faith of the Roman believers was displayed through their obedience. Comparing Scripture to Scripture...
Romans 16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

Again, we are saved by believing the gospel. At the moment of belief, we are justified. Once we are saved, we live out our faith through obedience, good works. Some believes are strong in their faith, mature. Some believers are weak in their faith, babes.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018

I see no issue with believeing and promoting His ways are right and to be followed.

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

in all things not just love. Is why we receive His Spirit. Otherwise, without Him, we cannot.
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Messiah Yahshua, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John/Yahanan 2:6, "He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk as He walked."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John 3:24, “And the one guarding His commands stays in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He stays in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.”[/FONT]

Dec 28, 2016
You are misrepresenting my presentation of John 3:36
Sorry, but this isn't true. You misused it (John 3:36) to prove loss of salvation.

I won't have dialog with someone being dishonest about things stated. Sorry if that offends you.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017

It is false to preach that the Pharisees were keeping God's Commands. You are just making this up to justify your traditions. You call Jesus a liar every time you preach this nonsense. And it is a falsehood to say God didn't bless Abraham because Abraham trusted Him enough to follow His instructions. You just make this up to justify your religious traditions. Every time you preach Abraham had faith without works you make God a liar. God is not a liar EG. He said He blessed Abraham "BECAUSE" Abraham obeyed Him. Jesus is not a liar EG, He said the Pharisees were not obeying God, but had created their own commandments.

Why you refuse to accept these simply, clearly outlined truths is fascinating to me.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We are saved by believing the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's all about believing. Those in Christ are called BELIEVERS! Here is just a sample of Scripture:

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Ephesians 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
My point...is belief and faith the same thing?

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
It is false to preach that the Pharisees were keeping God's Commands. You are just making this up to justify your traditions. You call Jesus a liar every time you preach this nonsense. And it is a falsehood to say God didn't bless Abraham because Abraham trusted Him enough to follow His instructions. You just make this up to justify your religious traditions. Every time you preach Abraham had faith without works you make God a liar. God is not a liar EG. He said He blessed Abraham "BECAUSE" Abraham obeyed Him. Jesus is not a liar EG, He said the Pharisees were not obeying God, but had created their own commandments.

Why you refuse to accept these simply, clearly outlined truths is fascinating to me.
many constantly do this when it is clearly wrong:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 Kings 17:19, “Yehuḏah, also, did not guard the commands of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]their Strength, but walked in the laws of Yisra’yl which they made.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mark 7:1-9, “And the Pharisees and some of the scribes assembled to Him, having come from Yerushalayim. And seeing some of His taught ones eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault. For the Pharisees, and all the Yehuḏim, do not eat unless they wash their hands thoroughly, holding fast the tradition of the elders, and coming from the market-place, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions which they have received and hold fast – the washing of cups and utensils and copper vessels and couches. Then the Pharisees and scribes asked Him, “Why do Your taught ones not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands? And He answering, said to them, “Well did Yeshayahu prophesy concerning you hypocrites, as it has been written, ‘This people respect Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrine the commands of men.’ Forsaking the command of YHWH, you hold fast the tradition of men. And He said to them, “Well do you set aside the command of YHWH, in order to guard your tradition."[/FONT]

E

eternally-gratefull

My point...is belief and faith the same thing?

I can believe, yet not have faith

I can not hae faith and not believe.

The problem is English, You do not say I faith in something, so you say I believe in something.