Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
False yet again....to NEVER KNOW SOMEONE means HE NEVER KNEW THEM........geesh....even a 5 year old can tell the difference

If JESUS had KNOWN them and then said HE NEVER KNEW THEM MAKES JESUS a LIAR....you need to get your head out of the bucket and wake up to the real truth......wow man!
Not rocket science is it?
Yet people try to make a rocket with no knowledge of science.

E

eternally-gratefull

Good works will never save you. As you say, if you were to put your good works up against your sins, your sins are far more numerous than your good works. So good luck with that concept.

What good works are for is the good works that Jesus created for you to do in faith. Good works are for the benefit of the poor and the hungry and the prisoner, and the naked, and the needy in general. And if you have faith in Christ, you will follow him, which means you will do what he did, and that is what he did, day after day, after day. So get to work, if you have faith.
I agree with you up until you use the word if

Gods people do not “if” work, they will, they may not do alot of works, but they will work,

So your barking up the wrong tree

E

eternally-gratefull

Again, if you are saved unto good works that Jesus created for you, and you do not do those good works, will you be saved?
You were never saved to begin with, because you never had faith.

If you are savedm and do alot if works, then your faith weekend, and your works fall away, are you still saved?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Okay, but God knows the beginning from the end, everything that will happen in our life.
Can't disagree with that.

That's why he promised to work good in all things in our lives. To conform us to the image of Jesus.

He knew us before we were born

E

eternally-gratefull

I will only answer your Peter question.

When Peter denied Christ, he had 2 choices.
1) continue to be alienated from Jesus, in which case he would have lost his salvation and found himself in hell.
2) humbly repent and come back to Christ, in which case he would be saved and become the great apostle that he was. he chose 2
Did he repent? He could not even tell jesus he loved him (agape) when jesus asked, jesus never asked him to ask for forgiveness, jesus told him he loved him anyway, and peter was strengthened by it.

E

eternally-gratefull

Then why are we arguing? We both agree that good works is necessary.
You believe they are necessary to maintain salvation, (also called perfecting in the flesh) he does not.

E

eternally-gratefull

To me, being born again is just the gate onto the path of eternal life. That is where the journey begins, not ends.
And thats where you are mistaken

You think god saved you in the spirit, but we must perfect it in the flesh (by our works of obedience)

You need to remember what paul called people who did this

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree, but necessary none the less, especially if the HS is prompting you to do the good works. Can you reject the prompting of the HS and not do the good work that the HS is prompting you to do?
Are you perfect?

If not, you have not done what you are demanding we do, you have rejected the promting. And sinned.

J

joefizz

Yes, if you come to reject him and erase the mark, and withdraw from the HS, and cancel the deposit, and break your promises, and spit on the guarantee, and mock the inheritance and forego the praise. Yes, if you do those things, Jesus will turn away from you, and will say, I never knew you.
You cannot remove any mark or seal of God/Jesus's only he who placed it can remove it,not any mere "person".

May 20, 2018
Ohio
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Actually, our works are made righteous by the Holy Spirit. Our works are as dead to God as we are without the Holy Spirit.

Dec 12, 2013
Not rocket science is it?
Yet people try to make a rocket with no knowledge of science.
Oh I agree.....it is idiotic to say that Jesus would say that he never knew someone he knew.......and i cannot believe one who claims Christ cannot see how that makes Jesus out to be a liar......imagine the ignorance....the God of heaven who knows all things and one by faith to later say I NEVER KNEW YOU <----KEY word NEVER means exactly that....NEVER

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Thank you for your response and answer.

So the abuser can ask God to forgive him and is saved? Yes I agree, but the abuser does not ask the the abused to forgive them yet is still saved?

You better make sure that you have no unforgivness in you heart or unconfessed sin before you die.

If not then you and me are going to hell hand in hand.
No, I just did not go into all the details of what it means to repent, one of which is to make amends with the person you harmed. In your case asking for forgiveness, which may also include restitution for suffering you have endured by his hand. So the act of repentance is not a simple 'please God forgive me' and Jesus waves his hand and declares you forgiven.

I am sure there are sins that you will not confess before you die, and God will deal with that, primarily with his grace and mercy, but your heart has got to be in the right place. If you are humble and submissive to the Lord and you forgive your trespassers and you generally repent of your sins, then God will be with you and will save you from your sins as He has promised.

You have a good heart, I would not be afraid for you. But endure to the end and do the good works that Jesus has prepared for you to do and all will be well.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
False yet again....to NEVER KNOW SOMEONE means HE NEVER KNEW THEM........geesh....even a 5 year old can tell the difference

If JESUS had KNOWN them and then said HE NEVER KNEW THEM MAKES JESUS a LIAR....you need to get your head out of the bucket and wake up to the real truth......wow man!
So you believe is OSAS, I do not. Wow man, 1/2 of Christianity do not believe in OSAS. I am not the only one, geesh.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018

Is Jesus a liar when he says that if you do not forgive, God will not forgive you?

Dec 12, 2013
So you believe is OSAS, I do not. Wow man, 1/2 of Christianity do not believe in OSAS. I am not the only one, geesh.
So what............more like 90% does not believe it....we have had this dance before....and like I have said...your Jesus is not found in scripture........

Dec 12, 2013
Is Jesus a liar when he says that if you do not forgive, God will not forgive you?
The only verse you incessantly post to try and prove something the bible does not teach......get over it...eternal security if found woven throughout scripture......regardless of your inability to see the broad side of the spiritual barn....