Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NoNameMcgee

the biggest threat to our faith, is when someone abusively doubts our salvation, and then present us a different gospel, and we are faced with two different gospels, pulled in two directions
though i believe there is nothing that threatens my faith

i agree hearing a gospel other than the truth.... by people who proclaim the name of Jesus... may be one of the most upsetting things i see on a regular basis

and i understand what you mean

Ephesians 4
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive

romans 9

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Oct 31, 2015
Hebrews 10:10
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified

Christ’s Death Fulfills God’s Will

Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified

• Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:

14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; 16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.
Hebrews 12:14-17

We are called to "pursue holiness" as a continual process, and to be careful not to let bitterness defile us, from the very holiness we are to pursue.

again

• if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor,

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:20-22

We are called to "cleanse ourselves" from being a vessel of dishonor, that we ourselves should be prepared for every good work.

again

• let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
the biggest threat to our faith, is when someone abusively doubts our salvation, and then present us a different gospel, and we are faced with two different gospels, pulled in two directions

There is one Gospel: Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

Repent means to turn to God in submission to His rule and kingdom as Lord.

This is an eternal commitment.

Submitting to the Lord to obey Him as an everlasting commitment is what the Gospel call is about.

Jesus is Lord.

• to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins

• to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

19 “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:16-20

JPT

E

eternally-gratefull

There is one Gospel: Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

JPT
Once again this poster is in error. This is not the gospel. the gospel is the death, burial and ressurection of Christ.

He can ignore me all he wants, it does not negate that the truth will still be told.

N

NoNameMcgee

2098. euaggelion
Strong's Concordance​
euaggelion: good news

Original Word: εὐαγγέλιον, ου, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: euaggelion
Phonetic Spelling: (yoo-ang-ghel'-ee-on)
Short Definition: the good news, the gospel
Definition: the good news of the coming of the Messiah, the gospel; the gen. after it expresses sometimes the giver (God), sometimes the subject (the Messiah, etc.), sometimes the human transmitter (an apostle).

you obey the gospel BY believing the good news....

john 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Oct 31, 2015
2098. euaggelion
Strong's Concordance​
euaggelion: good news

Original Word: εὐαγγέλιον, ου, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: euaggelion
Phonetic Spelling: (yoo-ang-ghel'-ee-on)
Short Definition: the good news, the gospel
Definition: the good news of the coming of the Messiah, the gospel; the gen. after it expresses sometimes the giver (God), sometimes the subject (the Messiah, etc.), sometimes the human transmitter (an apostle).

you obey the gospel BY believing the good news....

john 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Believing all by itself without the act of obedience, will not save.

Even demons believe.

Confessing Jesus as Lord is how we obey the Gospel, and are saved.

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

• and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Believing in your heart, together with confessing with your mouth is the action of obedience working to make faith complete.

This is the response to repent, the call to turn to God in submission to His kingdom and rule as Lord.

Confessing Jesus as Lord.

• to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins

• to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

19 “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:16-20

JPT

N

NoNameMcgee

Even demons believe.

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

Believing in your heart, together with confessing with your mouth is the action of obedience working to make faith complete.

This is the response to repent, the call to turn to God in submission to His kingdom and rule as Lord.

JPT

you can spread your false relgion till youre blue in the face

doesnt change the fact

john 3
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

also i havent seen you repent of your lies against TT (as well as others)

when you twist words of others to peddle your false gospel and try to gain some high ground by the use of straw men arguements and false claims

E

eternally-gratefull

one can believe and never have a work to show for it as his or her faith was dead (see James 2)

No one can have faith and that faith be alone, Faith is NEVER alone. (eph 2: 10)

Oct 31, 2015
you can spread your false relgion till youre blue in the face

doesnt change the fact

john 3
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

also i havent seen you repent of your lies against TT (as well as others)

when you twist words of others to peddle your false gospel and try to gain some high ground by the use of straw men arguements and false claims

Please stop spewing your hatred of God's word, and simply discuss what the scriptures say.

Please try to get a hold of yourself, and address what the scriptures teach us, and learn to reconcile what all scriptures teach.

• These passages about salvation and the Gospel that Jesus sent Paul to preach are not a false religion.

Even demons believe.

JPT

N

NoNameMcgee

Please stop spewing your hatred of God's word, and simply discuss what the scriptures say.

Please try to get a hold of yourself, and address what the scriptures teach us, and learn to reconcile what all scriptures teach.

• These passages about salvation and the Gospel that Jesus sent Paul to preach are not a false religion.

Even demons believe.

JPT

please stop your fruitless attempt to rob Jesus of His glory and pushing the false gospel of works salvation

stop calling Jesus a liar

and stop pretending God is the type of Father to burn His own children in a lake of fire

with your peverted disgusting view on who He is

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
It is different for different people. It's how we end a race that counts...not how we begin.
No, I'd say it is how we begin the race that lets to be on sure footing to the end. If we enter into a false doctrine and think we're redeemed in Christ when we're not, the end is going to come as a really huge surprise.

N

NoNameMcgee

please stop your fruitless attempt to rob Jesus of His glory and pushing the false gospel of works salvation

and stop pretending God is the type of Father to burn His own children in a lake of fire

john 6

John 6
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

2 Corinthians 5:21 - For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Philippians 3:9 - And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Isaiah 53:11 - He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 3:22 - Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 1:17 - For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018

Even demons believe.

JPT
There is an unbelievable,and I intend that play on words, amount of hostility , hostile people, here. I think that speaks quite loudly as to the fitness of the advice such give in that demeanor when thinking to defend the grace of God's eternal gift.

N

NoNameMcgee

No, I'd say it is how we begin the race that lets to be on sure footing to the end. If we enter into a false doctrine and think we're redeemed in Christ when we're not, the end is going to come as a really huge surprise.
romans 9

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Oct 31, 2015

Jesus is the Lord who we are to turn to in submission to His rule and kingdom, when we repent.

How does that rob Him of glory.

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
There is an unbelievable,and I intend that play on words, amount of hostility , hostile people, here. I think that speaks quite loudly as to the fitness of the advice such give in that demeanor when thinking to defend the grace of God's eternal gift.

Can you explain at little more as what you mean in light of the scriptures that I presented?

Jesus is the Lord who we are to turn to in submission to His rule and kingdom, when we repent.

JPT

N

NoNameMcgee

im not sure i have ever seen you rightly divide one verse you posted jpt:unsure:

just out of context verses

lies against others
confusion

hypocritical statements

but i have definitely seen you reject the truth everytime a brother or sister try to reprove your many errors

Oct 31, 2015
im not sure i have ever seen you rightly divide one verse you posted jpt:unsure:

just out of context verses

lies against others
confusion

hypocritical statements

but i have definitely seen you reject the truth everytime a brother or sister try to reprove your many errors

Please show me the error in this post.

JPT

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
romans 9

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
That's your excuse? Not comprehending Romans 9?
It's hyperbolic.

Do you hate your mom and dad? Luke 14:26

N

NoNameMcgee

That's your excuse? Not comprehending Romans 9?
It's hyperbolic.

Do you hate your mom and dad? Luke 14:26
excuse for what?

for not believing the lies of the false preachers on this thread adding their false understanding to the gospel (the works salvationists who think of Jesus as some qualifier for the self righteous to save themself by their own walk)

LOL

what you think hating your parents is a requirement to be saved?

more out of context nonsense