Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
1 chronicles 28
9 “And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but IF YOU FORSAKE HIM, HE WILL REJECT YOU FOREVER.

17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. DO NOT BE ARROGANT, BUT TREMBLE. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, HE WILL NOT SPARE YOU EITHER.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, PROVIDED THAT YOU CONTINUE in his kindness. Otherwise, YOU ALSO WILL BE CUT OFF.
OT my friend..Jesus death changed that..and the "analogy of cut off or pruned doesn't mean you lose your salvation which I think you're referring to by posting that scripture..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
1 chronicles 28
9 “And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. R.

17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. DO NOT BE ARROGANT, BUT TREMBLE. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, HE WILL NOT SPARE YOU EITHER.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, PROVIDED THAT YOU CONTINUE in his kindness. Otherwise, YOU ALSO WILL BE CUT OFF.
It also shows that we DO HAVE FEE WILL to accept or reject Jesus

"If you seek him, he will be found by you; but IF YOU FORSAKE HIM, HE WILL REJECT YOU FOREVE"

These verses came to mind

Matthew 7:21-23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Footnotes:

here is a GREAT example that even though many WORKS were done in Jesus name..they didn't know Jesus as thier personal savior.and did these works in vane .didn't have a relationship with HIM and ultimately got rejected..works doesn't get you salvation..MANY do the "works of God..aka missions..helping in the church..etc..but DONT have a personal relationship with God...thier works are in vane

Dec 12, 2013
Is it possible, then, that since He does the choosing, there are those who He does not choose -- those to whom He does not extend his mercy?
Many (not all) are called, but few chosen......God has the unique ability to know who will believe and who will not believe....and he did say that he made the wicked for the day of destruction......he also states that He chooses whom he will have mercy upon and those whom he chooses not to have mercy on.....but I again point to the bolded above.....

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi all...This came up in my mind last night , now I know many of you are much more mature in the word of God and already know what I am saying , but for me at the moment , the word of God is really speaking to me ...

Ephesians 2: 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:...Now as I was reading , I came across Romans 3:10:12 No one is righteous , no not one , no one understands , no one seeks God...

And then Romans 8:16 ( My sig ) tells me that The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. ...

So through my reading , I know for sure I am saved by God`s grace , it is His grace alone that called me , and it is His grace alone that keeps me...I am just so secure in Christ , I love Him , when you trust in the LORD with ALL your heart , He draws closer to you , nothing to do with us , it is ALL grace...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi all...This came up in my mind last night , now I know many of you are much more mature in the word of God and already know what I am saying , but for me at the moment , the word of God is really speaking to me ...

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:...Now as I was reading , I came across Romans 3:10:12 No one is righteous , no not one , no one understands , no one seeks God...

And then Romans 8:16 ( My sig ) tells me that The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. ...

So through my reading , I know for sure I am saved by God`s grace , it is His grace alone that called me , and it is His grace alone that keeps me...I am just so secure in Christ , I love Him , when you trust in the LORD with ALL your heart , He draws closer to you , nothing to do with us , it is ALL grace...xox...
Just want to say also , I could not keep myself ever , if it was down to me I would of lost my Salvation the day I got it , but thanks be to God He keeps me in the palm off His hand , I am sealed until I am delivered to my LORD...xox...

Dec 12, 2013

AMEN..........if there is no security in Christ then we are all bumming......having said that, the bible is clear....eternal security is the foundational truth of the bible......there are way too many verses in context that prove this and only by ignoring, rejecting or twisting context, verb tense, verbiage can one push a false salvation that can be lost and or gained, maintained by human effort or merit<---this includes some form of law keeping drivel as well.......!

Dec 12, 2013
Just want to say also , I could not keep myself ever , if it was down to me I would of lost my Salvation the day I got it , but thanks be to God He keeps me in the palm off His hand , I am sealed until I am delivered to my LORD...xox...
It is good to see your stance in light of all the deceitful garbage posted by the Cainologists and Salvation losers that must maintain their so called salvation and or work to gain it or keep it....

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
So, in essence, He has already chosen those He will save, and the rest be damned.
The problem with your statement; "the rest be damned" is, you are playing the blame game. Death came to all human beings because of the sin of Adam and Eve in the Garden. (Gen.2:16,17). God provides a way to cancel this spiritual death that falls on everyone because of the sin of Adam and Eve, by believing in His Son Jesus Christ.

Gen2:16,17
16)
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17) but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

John3:36
36)
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Not at all....it done it's job for me and pointed me to the cure..His name is JESUS, it is obvious you have not quite made that connection yet....too busy condemning yourself by placing yourself under that which you cannot even begging to possibly keep....tragically I might add...........!!

AND NO...My bible ends with CHRIST who is the END of the law for righteousness....you should try his IMPUTED righteousness without the deeds of the law by faith.......and quit trying to blend both covenants together........the old has waxed OLD and is inferior....
So you have been cured from the disease of God's instructions. That's interesting.

Dec 12, 2013
So you have been cured from the disease of God's instructions. That's interesting.
Listen carefully, your deceitful twist of what many say prove that the spirit of God does not lead you.....as simple as......seriously, you should get on your knees and trust JESUS biblically before it is too late, and furthermore, if you cannot be honest with what I have said and or cannot quit deceitfully changing what I have said like Satan did in the garden with God's word<---NEVER address me again.......you are as deceitful as they come!

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Why would I need to answer those 2 questions when the answers to those 2 questions in Revelation 12:17 are obvious? Revelation 12:17 - So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, -- answer to question #1 - the saints; who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus -- answer to question #2.

To "keep (guard, observe, watch over) the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus" (which is descriptive of believers/saints) is not talking about justification by the law/salvation by works. So once again, mixing law and grace by teaching salvation by “grace plus law, faith plus works” is neither keeping (guarding, observing, watching over) the commandments of God or holding to the testimony of Jesus.
and not once have I said works/obedience saves, yet the saints do keep the commandments as shown in these 2 passages. So why is there such a battle against anyone who would promote keeping His Commands? Also if the Commands/Law is written in the heart why do people accuse you for standing by it?

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
My point is that if we do not obey at some point we will be disciplined. As we want our children to obey for their own good, so does God want for us. He knows our weaknesses; He knows we are but dust. However, our goal should be to obey in order to live life in abundance. Let me add here, I fail at this often.
We all fail, but you are certainly on the right path with this kind of thought. Thank you.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
If they do not make the transformation is it possible they were never saved in the first place?

Like the branches that were cut off.

Jesus rejected the goats and also those who claimed great works.

Would you agree that transformation is a process for those in Jesus?
of course it is. We are in Jesus as soon as we are baptized with water and with the Holy Spirit. Then we should see a gradual transformation toward the kind of man Jesus is. So those branches IN HIM (JESUS) that finally do not make the transformation will be taken away.. Transformation is a process for those in Jesus. Those not in Jesus will not attempt the transformation because they are not in a mind to be like Jesus. They are of the world.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Listen carefully, your deceitful twist of what many say prove that the spirit of God does not lead you.....as simple as......seriously, you should get on your knees and trust JESUS biblically before it is too late, and furthermore, if you cannot be honest with what I have said and or cannot quit deceitfully changing what I have said like Satan did in the garden with God's word<---NEVER address me again.......you are as deceitful as they come!
Hi Decon, uncalled for rude comments like what studyman has just posted are against Christianchat.com's Forum Rule's. I wish someone would report his rude comments to the Administration and that they would take the appropriate actions to stop him from spreading more lies. Apparently no one is buying his dreadful counterfeit gospel so that now he is left to attack God's people.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Romans 12:1-2 and no need to address his working for I keep myself saved rigmarole...
Romans 12:1-2
12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Well you are getting there. If you are transformed, you will present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God. And that sacrifice is your reasonalbe service that creates fruit for the KOG, IOW good works that produce fruit for the KOG and your branch which is in Jesus will not be cast away, but will be purged so as to produce more fruit.

We are transformed by the renewing of our minds, that we may prove that which is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, so that we can then go out with the same will and do the things that are good and acceptable and perfect and bring forth fruit unto the KOG, IOW good works that are good and acceptable and perfect in producing more fruit for the KOG.

Yes if you know the real meaning of Romans 12:1-2 you do not need the rest, but the rest gives you examples of what is holy, good and perfect and acceptable to the Lord and His Kingdom.

May God help us to understand this concept. Thank you.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Romans 12:1-2
12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Presenting your body as a living sacrifice is; after you have been born again. That is why you continue to misapply God's word. "First", we are born again "Not by Works", then we offer our self to God, "Here I am God send me." First we are born again, then set apart for the minstry. You do misapply God's word because your interpretation of scripture is wrong.

We are not working to keep ourselves saved.

Isaiah6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,
"Here am I. Send me!"

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Presenting your body as a living sacrifice is; after you have been born again. That is why you continue to misapply God's word. "First", we are born again "Not by Works", then we offer our self to God, "Here I am God send me." First we are born again, then set apart for the minstry. You do misapply God's word because your interpretation of scripture is wrong.

We are not working to keep ourselves saved.

Isaiah6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,
"Here am I. Send me!"

I agree, after you are born again you present your body as a living sacrifice and you do the perfect, acceptable will of God. If you did not you were either not born again, or you as a branch IN JESUS that is not producing fruit for the KOG. Either way, you will not have EL. You must do the will of God, not your will. If you do, or do not, you will reap the reward whether you are not born again, or born again. In fact if you are born again, much more is expected of you than if you are not born again.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
I agree, after you are born again you present your body as a living sacrifice and you do the perfect, acceptable will of God. If you did not you were either not born again, or you as a branch IN JESUS that is not producing fruit for the KOG. Either way, you will not have EL. You must do the will of God, not your will. If you do, or do not, you will reap the reward whether you are not born again, or born again. In fact if you are born again, much more is expected of you than if you are not born again.
What on earth are you talking about? Please go sell your "saved by my wonderful works" fake gospel far far away,

Please tell me, what church did you learn all this stuff about, "KOG", "EL", and "branch in Jesus", very disrespectful language. And, "what church denomination are you affiliated with?" Everybody wants to know.

Dec 12, 2013
Hi Decon, uncalled for rude comments like what studyman has just posted are against Christianchat.com's Forum Rule's. I wish someone would report his rude comments to the Administration and that they would take the appropriate actions to stop him from spreading more lies. Apparently no one is buying his dreadful counterfeit gospel so that now he is left to attack God's people.
No biggie to me.....I give as good as I get.......hah it will all come out in the wash at the end.......only one saving gospel and his is not it....