Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
When you are loosing the debate and have nothing left to say, "attack your opponent"
was "attacking the opponet"

when people call names as I have been clled here, or is it pointing out that people do this?

In other words is "attacking the opponet" being a bully or calling the bullies out?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Exactly.

Shamah did nothing but share scripture with them. They have no call to call him names and treat him the way they do.

I know we disagree on many Biblical issues, but I'm glad we agree to this point.

Have a good day TT :)
Nice try at twisting the truth Studyman,,,..:)

Dec 12, 2013
1 John 3:7 - Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness (descriptive of children of God) is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin (descriptive of children of the devil) is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, (demonstrative evidence) because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

I have witnessed over and over how you and Shamah and others "claim" you don't believe we are saved by works out of one side of your mouths, yet out of the other side of your mouths go on and on about how much you follow Jesus/keep the commandments/obey the law and "define" that as believing in Him," yet mention nothing about trusting in Christ's finished work of redemption as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation. It's always about what you do or think you did for Jesus, but not about what Jesus did for you. That always raises a red flag for me.

When someone continuously pushes the law (and not salvation by grace through faith) and continues to quote a multitude of verses about the law/works/obeying commands etc.. (all the same verses that works-salvationists in general continuously quote to try and prove man is saved based on their obedience/works -- whether directly or indirectly) it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what is going on. it is not ones followinf of His COmmands/Laws/Words/Instructions that saves them, the following is what His people do...

As dcon points out in post #70,062 from the link below:
https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/not-by-works.146296/page-3504

LAW LAW LAW LAW LAW LAW LAW <-----all you push..........

WE are not under the law, but under GRACE!

Get it through your head...........the righteousness of CHRIST without the LAW has been imputed by faith...WE CANNOT get any more righteous....wake up pal!

*In the very next post, Shamah has a chance to demonstrate otherwise, but instead, he goes on to quote John 3:36 in the NASB and bolds -- does not obey which comes across as an implication that salvation is based on obedience/works. I've heard Roman Catholics and other works-salvationists stress this when quoting John 3:36 in the NASB. Even though Shamah said, "it is not ones following of His COmmands/Laws/Words/Instructions that saves them, the following is what His people do..." in that post, he then continues in the very same post to quote further passages of scripture that "on the surface" appear to teach that we are saved by works, *the very same verses that I often hear Roman Catholics and other works-salvationists quote as well.* Coincidence? :unsure:

I was once in a discussion with a Roman Catholic in which he became very defensive that I pointed out to him he believes we are saved by works, which he strongly denied, but went on to demonstrate otherwise when he made this statement below:

I was recently in a discussion with a Roman Catholic who claims that the Roman Catholic church does not teach salvation by works, then afterwards, he said this below:

We ARE saved by faith - as long as you properly define "Faith". Faith is NOT simply "believing". Faith INCLUDES: Being baptized, Eating His body and drinking His blood/partaking the Lord's Supper during Mass, Works of mercy and charity, Obeying his commandments, Doing the will of the Father etc.. :cautious:Not fooling me!
Amen...........fully agree!

Dec 12, 2013
& benadryl or some other antihistamine. my wife has fairly severe reactions to insect bites/stings; we found a liquid form of benadryl-clone that is really effective, especially if you take it within an hour or so of being bitten, at minimizing the swelling and shortening the time it takes to get over it. thank God we haven't had to use an epipen on her, yet :)

ain't it something how a 6ft 200lb man with a lifespan of a century can be taken down by a 1" 1oz creature that lives for a week?
and or a microscopic microbe.......makes me think of D-Day....a germ invades, gets a toe hold like the Allies on Normandy and the wins the war.......Amazing how a little sting and some venom from a wasp, bee, spider, jelly fish so small you can barely see it etc. has the ability to kill you dead in no time at all.....thankfully I am not allergic to stings beyond the normal sting, redness, slight swelling and the worse part...the itching the following few days......

Dec 12, 2013
by works; by obedience:

Just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of The One Man the many will be made righteous.
(Romans 5:18-19)

by faith in His holy work, by trust in His perfect obedience.

not ours. any good work i do, any obedience found in me, is Jesus of Nazareth alive and at work to faithfully complete what He began, not post.
Amen.....exactly why works do not save, keep save, embellish salvation and or top off salvation....IT IS CHRIST THROUGH US AS A LIVING SACRIFICE DOING THE WORK...........we are but a vessel or tool being utilized!

Dec 12, 2013
Woke up at 345 A.M. and cannot sleep....haha how are things in "Merica" .....a little chilly down here in AU.......

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Exactly.

Shamah did nothing but share scripture with them. They have no call to call him names and treat him the way they do.

I know we disagree on many Biblical issues, but I'm glad we agree to this point.

Have a good day TT :)
The above from Studyman in response to TT below

When you are loosing the debate and have nothing left to say, "attack your opponent"
So your default is below when people disagree with you
I believe the Bible TT, I just don't believe your religion.
I know what you and the religions of the world preach about the New Covenant VCO, but if I want to know the truth about the new Covenant, shouldn't I go to the ONE who created it?
In your religion, did Peter miss this sermon?
Do you preach this a different "Grace" than Paul spoke of? Is this Grace from a "different Christ" in your religion?
So when people disagree with you the above is your default.
They have a different religion to you.
A different Christ.

Therefore by default a false religion and by inference not saved.

Very subtle indeed.
Yes I agree some people on here post in a brash and forthright way.
Just like Paul did.

With regards to Shamah,

Even though I do not totally agree with him, he has never ever accused anyone on here who believes in Jesus of believing in a false religion and a different Christ.

You however do and you are not any better than those you accuse.
Those you accuse point to Jesus, yet you accuse such who disagree with in fact do not Jesus, or the Jesus you believe in.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
The above from Studyman in response to TT below

So your default is below when people disagree with you

So when people disagree with you the above is your default.
They have a different religion to you.
A different Christ.

Therefore by default a false religion and by inference not saved.

Very subtle indeed.
Yes I agree some people on here post in a brash and forthright way.
Just like Paul did.

With regards to Shamah,

Even though I do not totally agree with him, he has never ever accused anyone on here who believes in Jesus of believing in a false religion and a different Christ.

You however do and you are not any better than those you accuse.
Those you accuse point to Jesus, yet you accuse such who disagree with in fact do not Jesus, or the Jesus you believe in.
don't forget-" we are all deceived by catholic traditions", and/or " following the commandments of men", 2 more of his go-to sayings.

but, I do see why he loves and defends his religion so hard- it is set up where he is always right, and has these little go-to's to pull out whenever someone corrects him, so he can continue to think he is always right.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The thief on the cross did know who Jesus was. That's why he defended Jesus against the ridicule of the other thief crucified on the other side of Jesus. And Jesus knew that defender thief as well. And that is why that thief was on that day with our Lord in paradise. Just as Jesus promised him.
Even moreso shows people have a CHOICE for salvation..

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
1 John 3:7 - Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness (descriptive of children of God) is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin (descriptive of children of the devil) is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, (demonstrative evidence) because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

I have witnessed over and over how you and Shamah and others "claim" you don't believe we are saved by works out of one side of your mouths, yet out of the other side of your mouths go on and on about how much you follow Jesus/keep the commandments/obey the law and "define" that as believing in Him," yet mention nothing about trusting in Christ's finished work of redemption as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation. It's always about what you do or think you did for Jesus, but not about what Jesus did for you. That always raises a red flag for me.

When someone continuously pushes the law (and not salvation by grace through faith) and continues to quote a multitude of verses about the law/works/obeying commands etc.. (all the same verses that works-salvationists in general continuously quote to try and prove man is saved based on their obedience/works -- whether directly or indirectly) it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what is going on. it is not ones followinf of His COmmands/Laws/Words/Instructions that saves them, the following is what His people do...

As dcon points out in post #70,062 from the link below:
https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/not-by-works.146296/page-3504

LAW LAW LAW LAW LAW LAW LAW <-----all you push..........

WE are not under the law, but under GRACE!

Get it through your head...........the righteousness of CHRIST without the LAW has been imputed by faith...WE CANNOT get any more righteous....wake up pal!

*In the very next post, Shamah has a chance to demonstrate otherwise, but instead, he goes on to quote John 3:36 in the NASB and bolds -- does not obey which comes across as an implication that salvation is based on obedience/works. I've heard Roman Catholics and other works-salvationists stress this when quoting John 3:36 in the NASB. Even though Shamah said, "it is not ones following of His COmmands/Laws/Words/Instructions that saves them, the following is what His people do..." in that post, he then continues in the very same post to quote further passages of scripture that "on the surface" appear to teach that we are saved by works, *the very same verses that I often hear Roman Catholics and other works-salvationists quote as well.* Coincidence? :unsure:

I was once in a discussion with a Roman Catholic in which he became very defensive that I pointed out to him he believes we are saved by works, which he strongly denied, but went on to demonstrate otherwise when he made this statement below:

I was recently in a discussion with a Roman Catholic who claims that the Roman Catholic church does not teach salvation by works, then afterwards, he said this below:

We ARE saved by faith - as long as you properly define "Faith". Faith is NOT simply "believing". Faith INCLUDES: Being baptized, Eating His body and drinking His blood/partaking the Lord's Supper during Mass, Works of mercy and charity, Obeying his commandments, Doing the will of the Father etc.. :cautious:Not fooling me! [/QUOTE

WHAT A SHAME. NOTICE AND WATCH THESE OSAS PASTORS AND CHURCH LEADERS WHO CLAIM AND DECLARE THAT “FAITH ALONE” SAVES AND IT IS “NOT BY WÒRKS” OF RIGHTEOUSNESS AND OBEDIENCE, WHILE ON THE OTHER HAND COLLECTS TITHES FROM THEIR MEMBERS SAYING THAT IF THEY WOULD NOT GIVE TITHES, THEY ARE ROBBING GOD.

19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame.

..THAT TITHE-GIVING IS A TEST OF FAITH AND THAT GOD WILL BLESS THEM ABUNDANTLY BECAUSE WHAT THEY GIVE WILL COME BACK TO THEM IN GOOD MEASURE AND RUNNING OVER.(luke 6:38)

“NOT BY WORKS” OF THE LAW, THEY SAY, BUT THEY COLLECT TITHES ACCORDING TO THE LAW WHILE AT THE SAME TIME CLAIM THAT THEY ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW.

THEY HAVE CREATED A MAN MADE DOCTRINE PASSED ON FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION OUT OF A GOD-GIVEN LAW FOR HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE.

THAT’S HOW THESE VIPERS IN THEIR GREED AND HYPOCRISY DECEIVE THEIR PREYS.(UNKNOWING VICTIMS)

THEY THINK THEY CAN BR IBE GOD.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?”
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.

THESE VIPERS WILL STILL BE SAVED ACCORDING TO THE OSAS DOCTRINE…

...WHICH IS CONTRARY TO WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.

11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or GREEDY, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the GREEDY nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or GREEDY person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

MAN GOT SEPARATED FROM GOD BECAUSE OF THE SIN OF DISOBEDIENCE WHEN MAN WAS DECEIVED BY THE SERPENT WHO SAID THAT “...Ye shall not surely die.”(genesis 3:4)

DÈCEIVERS OF THIS AGE SAYS THE SAME THING;

“YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE (PERIßH / BE CONDEMNED). ONCE YOU'RE SAVED, YOU ARE ALWAYS ßAVED. JUST HAVE FAITH VOID OF WORKS (OF RIGHTEOUSNESS / ÒBEDIENCE) AND YOU WILL POSSESS ETERNAL LIFE THE MOMENT YOU BELIEVE

DO NOT BE DECEIVED!!!

OSAS AND FAS ARE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES!!!

3 What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness?4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:

“So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge.”

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
was "attacking the opponet"

when people call names as I have been clled here, or is it pointing out that people do this?

In other words is "attacking the opponet" being a bully or calling the bullies out?
Lol..don't act so innocent...you've "dished it out" to ME a few times..lol

My Gma used to say.."if you can't handle the heat in the kitchen..get out'..I take her advice to this day..very sound! Sometimes in a frustrated debate..one needs to step back.."go for a walk" ..cool down..think straight again..pray n THEN come back with a more patient refreshed spirit..:)

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
TO THE DOUBLE TALKING LIARS

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People

jude 1
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, WHO PERVERT THE ĢRACE OF OUR GOD INTO A LICENSE FOR IMMORALIYY and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

titus 1
16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, DISOBEDIENT and unfit for doing anything good.

ephesians 5
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
OSAS AND FAS ARE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES THAT PROMOTES DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD AND REJECTS AND NULLIFIES GOD'S WORDS AND COMMANDS. (mark 7:6-13, Isaiah 5:20-24)

SO DO NOT LET ANYONE DECEIVE YOU...FOR THE WRATH OF GOD COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT.(Ephesians 5:6)

OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST WHO IS THE SOURCE OF ETERNAL LIFE FOR THOSE WHO OBEY HIM (Hebrews 5:8-9) SAID:

Revelation 3:1-3 To the Church in Sardis “To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I HAVE NOT FOUND YOUR DEEDS COMPLETE in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have RECEIVED and HEARD ; OBEY IT and REPENT. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

JESUS HAVE NOT FOUND THEIR DEEDS "COMPLETE" IN THE EYES OF GOD.

THEN HE TOLD THEM TO "OBEY" WHAT THEY RECEIVED AND HEARD AND TO REPENT.

JESUS WAS SPEAKING HERE TO ONE OF THE SEVEN CHURCHES AND WE KNOW THAT THE "CHURCH" IS THE BODY OF CHRIST WHOM HE WILL SAVE. (eph 5:23)

WHY WILL HE SAY THAT THEIR DEEDS ARE NOT COMPLETE IF WORKS ARE NOT NECESSARY FOR SALVATION AND THAT "FAITH ALONE" SAVES?

WHY WOULD JESUS COMMAND THEM TO OBEY AND REPENT IF IT
IS NO LONGER NECESSARY SINCE THEY ARE SAVED ETERNALLY? (OSAS)

IS JESUS IGNORANT OF THIS DOCTRINE OR IS IT CONTRARY TO HIS TEACHINGS AND COMMANDS AND THEREFORE ARE JUST FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE THAT NULLIFIES GOD'S WORDS?

JESUS AND HIS FATHER REQUIRE SOME WORKS TO BE COMPLETED AND ASKED FOR OBEDIENCE AND REPENTANCE.

Romans 8:4 in order that the righteous REQUIREMENTS of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Malachi 3:14 “You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by CARRYING OUT HIS REQUIREMENTS and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty?

GOD REQUIRES OBEDIENCE AND REPENTANCE IN OUR PART OTHERWISE HIS WRATH WILL COME ON THOSE WHO ARE "DISOBEDIENT".(eph 5:6 )

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED... GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED...WE REAP WHAT WE SOW...(Galatians 6:7-10)

NOW IF FAITH ALONE SAVES AND ONCE SAVED, YOU ARE ALWAYS SAVED, DOES THIS PASSAGE BELOW CONTRADICT THESE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE OR DO YOU REJECT IT OR TWIST IT TO MEAN SOMETHING ELSE THAT WOULD FIT YOUR DOCTRINE?

Matthew 24:9-14 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time MANY WILL TURN AWAY FROM THE FAITH and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, THE LOVE OF MOST WILL GROW COLD, but HE WHO STANDS FIRM TO THE END WILL BE SAVED . And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

MANY WHO HAS FAITH WILL TURN AWAY FROM THEIR FAITH.

ARE THEY STILL SAVED AFTER TURNING AWAY FROM THEIR FAITH(ALONE)?

DO YOU MOCK GOD AND REJECT THESE VERSES BELOW?

Galatians 6:7-10 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature WILL REAP DESTRUCTION; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit WILL REAP ETERNAL LIFE. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD..

"LET GOD BE TRUE..." (Romans 3:3-4)

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.

22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine
and champions at mixing drinks,
23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe,
but deny justice to the innocent.
24 Therefore, as tongues of firelick up straw
and as dry grass sinks down in the flames,
so their roots will decay
and their flowers blow away like dust;
for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.

22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine
and champions at mixing drinks,
23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe,
but deny justice to the innocent.
24 Therefore, as tongues of firelick up straw
and as dry grass sinks down in the flames,
so their roots will decay
and their flowers blow away like dust;
for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty
if you can take a break from your ranting for a minute, and maybe answer the question I asked you a few days ago-

are you sinless, or not?

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you HYPOCRITES; as it is written:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
THEIR TEACHINGS ARE BUT RULES TAUGHT BY MEN.’

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.”
9 And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ 11 But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God),12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your traditionthat you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”