Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Excellent works good. I have google drive on my desktop so that I can also paste from forum to drive. I do this a lot when I am active on my blog. And then the final copy is published or "post reply." I like the idea of copy the post and start a "New message" this would give you opportunity to think about canceling a bad post or make multiple posts at the same time. A simple way to beat the 5 minute rule....:)

Question, do you have a website were we can view and enjoy your art work.

God bless!
Good morning Truthalk, no, I do not have a web site for my graphic creations, though I have put a few of them on my poetry thread, plus there are some in my media :)

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Trust Jesus for salvation by faith instead of your working for false gospel or you will in no way, shape or form enter the kingdom...right now your dogma is akin to the MANY that come before the throne boasting of their works as their proof of a right to enter....
I gave you good advise and instead of acknowledging what I said, you attacked. A hauty, unhumble person will not have EL. God would not countenance a sharp, divisive argument with you everytime you knew He was wrong.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi Magenta, I have run into the five minute rule as well as all of us and yes very frustrating. My solution to the five minute rule is to edit your post before you click, "Post reply." This would be unnecessary to do if they would just increase the five minute rule. Instead you can beat the rule and take as much time as you like by doing your editing "before you post", keep it simple right.

Senioritus too funny :)
I agree, it is best to proof-read your post before submission. Afterwards, if lengthy revisions are still needed you can copy your post, delete the post and paste in a new post, make any changes, then submit post again. Even then mistakes are still made but I find that mistakes in general and typo's are amusing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Gaaah, I just saw that the second majuscule "T" in TruthTalk went missing in my previous post, all the while speaking of the need for proofreading LOL. Well, my laptop has had "T" problems since I got it. My apologies :D

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Trust Jesus for salvation by faith instead of your working for false gospel or you will in no way, shape or form enter the kingdom...right now your dogma is akin to the MANY that come before the throne boasting of their works as their proof of a right to enter....
You are now at odds with VCO and EG, who have been on your side of the "who is saved" debate. And you and they have said some rather sharp barbs at each other. This is not a good Christian trait, and this is not the kind of haughty, divisive men that will inherit EL. (God hates, haughty, and divisive people, even those that profess faith in Jesus).

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree, it is best to proof-read your post before submission. Afterwards, if lengthy revisions are still needed you can copy your post, delete the post and paste in a new post, make any changes, then submit post again. Even then mistakes are still made but I find that mistakes in general and typo's are amusing.
You must get quite a laugh at my posts then..lol

E

eternally-gratefull

You are now at odds with VCO and EG, who have been on your side of the "who is saved" debate. And you and they have said some rather sharp barbs at each other. This is not a good Christian trait, and this is not the kind of haughty, divisive men that will inherit EL. (God hates, haughty, and divisive people, even those that profess faith in Jesus).
I am not at Odds with my brother. We just have a disagreement on end times stuff. Not odds at all, please do not try to use me to make yourself look batter

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household." (Matthew 10:34-36)

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Good morning Truthalk, no, I do not have a web site for my graphic creations, though I have put a few of them on my poetry thread, plus there are some in my media :)

I really like that image. It reminds me of a religious program on TV back in the black and white era. It ended with that phrase. Thank you for reminding me of it.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household." (Matthew 10:34-36)
Well then, let the wars continue, forget about love and those kinds of things I guess?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

Yea thank you! I understand media and on your poetry thread. Your graphic art needs to be seen on public domain (not just CC) and you should profit from your work. I am a semi-pro musician meaning we would get paid for our music but most of the time it was for free or for benefit.

I know some full time artists (like my music teacher) who gives a 100% to their art form and neglect the financial side of their work. They get paid but not nearly what they should be. We the public benefit so much from the artists creativity and give back so little, that should not be. The fact that an Artist becomes rich and famous after they die is tragically wrong.

Enjoying your work it is a blessing to many.....:)

1 Corinthians9:7
Who at any time serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat the fruit of it? Or who tends a flock and does not use the milk of the flock?

God bless!

E

eternally-gratefull

Well then, let the wars continue, forget about love and those kinds of things I guess?
When you love someone, you do not let them continue on a path that leads to desdtruction, You fight for the person, even if it upset them.

The war between grace and works started i n the NT, It will continue until Jesus returns.. if people think they are going to stop it. They are simply mistaken

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
You are calling for a "social gospel" which is just another counterfeit gospel and the people who believe and follow this wlll never enter God's Kingdom. Just a burning heart liberal

"Ever learning and never able to come to the truth" - when will you ever learn.

Matthew 10:34-36
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yea thank you! I understand media and on your poetry thread. Your graphic art needs to be seen on public domain (not just CC) and you should profit from your work. I am a semi-pro musician meaning we would get paid for our music but most of the time it was for free or for benefit.

I know some full time artists (like my music teacher) who gives a 100% to their art form and neglect the financial side of their work. They get paid but not nearly what they should be. We the public benefit so much from the artists creativity and give back so little, that should not be. The fact that an Artist becomes rich and famous after they die is tragically wrong.

Enjoying your work it is a blessing to many.....:)

1 Corinthians9:7
Who at any time serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat the fruit of it? Or who tends a flock and does not use the milk of the flock?

God bless!
Thank you so much for your very kind words, TruthTalk, truly I am happy that you appreciate my work, which I do for the glory of God and the illumination of His Word. It is a labor of love! :) My creations are also a way I can participate and be part of this community, without necessarily getting into the darker aspects of it. In a sense what I am doing is digital collaging. Most of the elements I use, for instance, the horses, unicorns, pegasi, angels, flowers, butterflies, backgrounds, frames etc, are offered free of use with the stipulation they will not be used in commercial ventures. I source them from multiple sites, sometimes spending hours at a time looking for particular elements that suit my sense of style. I may have to look at a thousand images of equines just to get a dozen I might use. Some I use again and again, and others are saved to my hard drive but sit idly in the folder never being used, or, I may have tried to use a particular element, but found it did not work for some reason, so I delete it from my creation, even after possibly spending an hour with it, trying to make it work somehow, sizing it, adjusting the colour, hue, and contrast, applying filters, positioning it etc LOL.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
I am not at Odds with my brother. We just have a disagreement on end times stuff. Not odds at all, please do not try to use me to make yourself look batter
I don't use people to make myself look better, I have enough self respect, I don't need you.

You say you are not at odds, listen to what you say:
Post #71881
Where do you come up with this stuff?
Nothing in scripture even comes close to saying this!

Post #71882
Another strawman.
Just like you blame others for doing to you when they have no response to your answer.
Thats just nuts bro, nuts!

Post #71890
You yell I do not hear what you say, yet you are doing that very thing.

Sounds to me like you are at odds on this doctrine. How bout the doctrine of the nature of God? How bout the doctrine of the sacrament. How bout the doctrine of life after death?

You may be close to what you believe about who is saved, but other doctrines, I guarantee you would not agree, and if decon was your pastor, you would leave his church and go to another one. If you were decons pastor, he would leave your church and go to another one. That is why we have so many Christian churches around the world. It is not a good thing.

So agree to disagree and let me be the odd man out, so you can vent all your bad words on me, so there can be some sort of united harmony, somewhere in our churches.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You may be close to what you believe about who is saved, but other doctrines, I guarantee you would not agree, and if decon was your pastor, you would leave his church and go to another one. If you were decons pastor, he would leave your church and go to another one. That is why we have so many Christian churches around the world. It is not a good thing.
A church is a local assembly, and need not be in 100% agreement with every other local assembly all around the world. Hey, I love my church, and the elders, and pastors, though I am not in 100% agreement with them on all points, either. There is no way I am going to leave over it. Your unsolicited advice is obviously not appreciated. Why don't you just leave it alone if you are so concerned about love and unity?

"In Essentials Unity, In Non-Essentials Liberty, In All Things Charity"

E

eternally-gratefull

I don't use people to make myself look better, I have enough self respect, I don't need you.

You say you are not at odds, listen to what you say:
Post #71881
Where do you come up with this stuff?
Nothing in scripture even comes close to saying this!

Post #71882
Another strawman.
Just like you blame others for doing to you when they have no response to your answer.
Thats just nuts bro, nuts!

Post #71890
You yell I do not hear what you say, yet you are doing that very thing.

Sounds to me like you are at odds on this doctrine. How bout the doctrine of the nature of God? How bout the doctrine of the sacrament. How bout the doctrine of life after death?

So agree to disagree and let me be the odd man out, so you can vent all your bad words on me, so there can be some sort of united harmony, somewhere in our churches.
Lol. Unlike many, This does not mean we are at odds. It means we disagree on a topic. Does it offend you when people talk that way to you? If it does.. why? Is your faith weak?

Harmony? There will never be harmony between a works based self righteous gospel and the gospel of grace through faith. So if your looking for harmony, you will not find it here. Unless you repent

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
You are calling for a "social gospel" which is just another counterfeit gospel and the people who believe and follow this wlll never enter God's Kingdom. Just a burning heart liberal

"Ever learning and never able to come to the truth" - when will you ever learn.

Matthew 10:34-36
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
So as you remember the scriptures, does Jesus say, love those that agree with you, but smash those that do not? So you can feel good about smashing people who disagree with you, I guess you do not believe in these words of Jesus:

Matthew 5:44 King James Version (KJV)
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

We really can have a church of unity, even though we disagree on or most of the doctrines of Christ, because we all believe in Christ, he is the center of our lives and our religions. We are all Christians, and must be able to love even though I am your enemy.
Or not, and that is your choice, but if you do not live the life of Matthew 5:44, I do not believe you will have EL. So lets think about that and be nice.