Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
You really need to work on your reading comprehension. Jesus Christ has already done all those requirements perfectly - I don't have to lift a finger for the rest of my life for the Lord and I'm still heaven-bound.

So, uh, no . . . you have not interpreted that correctly.

As to the thing about not working at all, I have Abraham on my side . . .

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Romans 4:4-5).
Love ur "so..uh no.." part..HILARIOUUUUUSSSS!

Bbb is drinkin the koolaid n gettin a "tude" ..lol

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Love ur "so..uh no.." part..HILARIOUUUUUSSSS!

Bbb is drinkin the koolaid n gettin a "tude" ..lol
I'm upsetting a lot of 'em on here. Well, if you fire a load of buckshot into a crowd of wolves, you know which one you hit by how loud it yelps.

Even have some wanting to see me banned, but I can't . . . I just fired some money over to the boss to keep the site running.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Jesus is not a tyrant and he died to free us from the tyranny of the law. He died to fulfill the law in our stead that if the Holy Spirit really is working in us love is the fruit we shall bear. I've done what you asked, your turn. You have a Bible handy I hope, go check out 1st Corin. 13... the whole thing, not bits and pieces of it.
We can do Corinthians 13, but let us finish John 15:2. Answer my question on post #72387. We are almost finished, we just have one more question after you answer this question, then I will answer all your questions relating to Cor. 13.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I'm upsetting a lot of 'em on here. Well, if you fire a load of buckshot into a crowd of wolves, you know which one you hit by how loud it yelps.

Even have some wanting to see me banned, but I can't . . . I just fired some money over to the boss to keep the site running.
So if u pay u cant get banned?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
We can do Corinthians 13, but let us finish John 15:2. Answer my question on post #72387. We are almost finished, we just have one more question after you answer this question, then I will answer all your questions relating to Cor. 13.
Who is the "we" youre referring to?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Wolves don't like guys holding the Word of God speaking to them with authority and telling them that they are spewing doctrines of devils. It upsets their delicate condition.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Wolves don't like guys holding the Word of God speaking to them with authority and telling them that they are spewing doctrines of devils. It upsets their delicate condition.
Thing is..how many times do they get told when we all know they wont budge on thier beliefs..who draws that line?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Thing is..how many times do they get told when we all know they wont budge on thier beliefs..who draws that line?
Because their are 100's of people reading this board at any one time that are lurkers. I don't believe they are all bots. Keep them from falling into the pit, Lord willing.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Kneeling and reciting a prayer that someone else wrote does not save anyone if it does not come from the heart. The first fruit is love. Love :love:
Stay with me calibob, you are all over the place. Am I correct when I interpret the first part of John 15:2 this way: Every branch IN ME that beareth not fruit = Every saved person IN ME that produces no fruit.

Now let's take the last part of the first sentence: "he taketh away". That is pretty straight forward, so now lets do the whole first sentence and interpret it. Every branch IN ME that beareth not fruit, he taketh away.
Interpretation:
Every saved person that is in Jesus that does not produce fruit, God will take away. There you have it. Now tell me what that means as far as OSAS is concerned?

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
How can a person who is saved, made a new creature, based on their faith in christ not do works?

Your to focused on works, and not enough on christ, repent and seek christ and not your self righteousness,
Why must you always equate good works with self righteousness? I have given you no reason to continue to tag that to me.

Dec 28, 2016
Are you asking that if a person lives like Jesus lived, would that turn him into a Christian? The answer is not quite.
Right, the person must be converted. I'd be a bit more emphatic than "not quite" and say it's an impossibility.

You first must believe in Jesus and be baptized of the Holy Spirit, then we follow our example Jesus and try to live as much like him as we can.
To me that whole process is necessary to be saved. Believeing is just the beginning, but not the end.
First off, belief is granted by the Father; Ephesians 1:19, and is his gift, Romans 12:3 &c. It is not innate, or, what a person does.

Furthermore you conflate evidence of conversion with what one must do to be saved. That's just one reason your gospel is errant (not trying to be harsh, it just is what it is).

Your error is based in this, to further explain it: you're making what the Scriptures show us concerning what qualifies and identifies a true believer (i.e. 1 John) into what a person has to do to "get into heaven." There are descriptive and prescriptive texts, and in ignorance you meld the two together and arrive at an errant gospel.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Stay with me calibob, you are all over the place. Am I correct when I interpret the first part of John 15:2 this way: Every branch IN ME that beareth not fruit = Every saved person IN ME that produces no fruit.

Now let's take the last part of the first sentence: "he taketh away". That is pretty straight forward, so now lets do the whole first sentence and interpret it. Every branch IN ME that beareth not fruit, he taketh away.
Interpretation:
Every saved person that is in Jesus that does not produce fruit, God will take away. There you have it. Now tell me what that means as far as OSAS is concerned?
Think you got it wrong..heres the WHOLE scripture..

John 15 New International Version (NIV)
The Vine and the Branches

15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other."

NO WHERE does it say if we dont produce fruit "God takes away"

I especiallt like verse 2

PLEASE READ IT ALL CAREFULLY :)