Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Once again, This is a pre-salvation (justification) thread. Not an after salvation (sanctification) thread. If you want to argue sanctification please open another thread. Especially if you do not believe in a works based salvation. Continuing to attempt to discuss this will lead people to believe you teach works. And if they do, you better not say anything, because you have been warned.
Did you see the next post......THE GRACE OF THE DEVIL....and HEBREWS out of context to justify a false stance.....NEXT he/she will post that women can be saved just by bearing children............<--1st Timothy 2:15

Dec 12, 2013
Lol. Can you stick on topic? Or that to much to ask?

You do not go into a justificaiton thread and argue sanctification.

For one, it confuses people. And two it will lead people to think you teach works.

Now if you teach works, just say so. And we can discuss that
The following is what takes place when people confuse justification with sanctification

JSUASNTCTIFICATION <----and NOBODY understands this jumbled jargon.........

Dec 12, 2013
In regards to Hebrews 10:26, To "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is CONTINUOUS ACTION - A MATTER OF PRACTICE. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a CONTINUOUS ACTION. The unrighteous practice sin - (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God - (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9).
AMEN..........there is a big difference in the following two positions.....

A continual lifestyle of SIN
A believer which fails, stumbles and sins.......

The big difference

Where sin abounds, GRACE abounds the more..................

Dec 12, 2013
WELL......got some wood to stack........be back later peeps....keep swinging the sword.....love you all.

UserX18

Oct 5, 2018
I’ve said all that needs to be said, so you all can go along and argue with the word of God.
But it just hurts me so much, how blinded people are, to the truth of the gospel, I’m talking about the word of God, someone is talking about my life, you folks can’t jujust accept how true and plain, the word of God is, when it comes to holy living, you bring in greek fables, just to support your devilish claim of being saved and living in sin.

Christ came to give us a pure heart. Now if you have a pure heart, where is the sin coming from? Search the whole bible, it is talkinh about holy living from genesis to revelation..

Please just repent, believe inin Christ and be saved from this grace of the devil.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I’ve said all that needs to be said, so you all can go along and argue with the word of God.
But it just hurts me so much, how blinded people are, to the truth of the gospel, I’m talking about the word of God, someone is talking about my life, you folks can’t jujust accept how true and plain, the word of God is, when it comes to holy living, you bring in greek fables, just to support your devilish claim of being saved and living in sin.

Christ came to give us a pure heart. Now if you have a pure heart, where is the sin coming from? Search the whole bible, it is talkinh about holy living from genesis to revelation..

Please just repent, believe inin Christ and be saved from this grace of the devil.
Do you believe that you live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life (exactly as Jesus lived) 100% of the time? What do YOU believe the gospel IS and what do YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the gospel? (Romans 1:16).

UserX18

Oct 5, 2018
Ypu
AMEN..........there is a big difference in the following two positions.....

A continual lifestyle of SIN
A believer which fails, stumbles and sins.......

The big difference

Where sin abounds, GRACE abounds the more..................
you see this because you fail to see this..

1 John 3:7-9 (KJV)
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This was after this..

1 John 1:10 - 2:1 (KJV)
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Yes we were sinners, have we being washed? Yes.. now do i go back too lying, because I want to job? Or go to marrying an unbeliever, or steal, or hate my brother, or steal, or allow the things of this world sway me? Or love the word..

You cannot pollute Christianity. I’ll tell you, those who will be saved will be saved, and thosee who will see the truth in these words will see.

Be it unto you, according to your Faith.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
But it just hurts me so much, how blinded people are, to the truth of the gospel, I’m talking about the word of God, someone is talking about my life, you folks can’t jujust accept how true and plain, the word of God is, when it comes to holy living, you bring in greek fables, "just to support your devilish claim of being saved and living in sin."

Sinless perfectionism is a lie. The standard for living is "be ye holy because I am holy" but nobody is without sin this side of heaven. Even the Apostle John wrote in "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."1John1:8,

No you need to repent; confess your sin and Jesus is faithful and just to keep on forgiving your sin until all true Christians are in heaven.

This is a terrible false statement,
Quote by UserX16: "just to support your devilish claim of being saved and living in sin."

Repent of your sinless perfectionism and God will forgive you.

U

UnderGrace

Not a fair assessment at all.....she called me evil, lost, blasphemous and a troll because I believe we play a part in leading men to the truth by witnessing and proclaiming the word....how about the facts and a fair assessment of what really went down?????
I agree, not equal at all.

So now we cannot say "I" within a sentence because we look prideful, that is ridiculous.

UserX18

Oct 5, 2018
You see, I’m not unaware of the schemes of the devil, I’m telling you the truth about the bible, you’re talking about my life.. you think I’ll defend my self and instead of the bible.
No.

This is about God’s words not me hypocrite.

Believe in God’s word and Be saved.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Not a fair assessment at all.....she called me evil, lost, blasphemous and a troll because I believe we play a part in leading men to the truth by witnessing and proclaiming the word....how about the facts and a fair assessment of what really went down?????
Hi decon, Peaceful, came to your thread for the very first time on full offensive attack mode, I think some people are showing "false humility", when they say go easy on her and don't, "shoot her down"

If anybody has a non Christian attitude it would be the poster, "Peaceful"

U

UnderGrace

Yes Salvation is eternal, if you abide, if one does not abide, such one will be cast out- The whole scriptures Genesis to revelation warned about stop believing, that when a man stops believing, he’ll be cut off. So you cannot live a sinful life( and be of the devil) and expect to enter the kingdom of God because you were once saved. If we think that way, then we are damned.
I am thinking I have read this many times over by various people who have come and gone, returned, gone and returned.

But what all those people can never answer is..... Where is the exact cut off point? Without knowledge of the cut off point every believer is continually in a place of insecurity.

How many sins? What is that extra sin that tipped the balance and Jesus just could not bring himself to die for it?

This is the art of double speak, ........"salvation is once saved"........"being saved is not once but gained by abiding"

once
wəns/
adverb
adverb: once
  1. 1.
    on one occasion or for one time only.
dictionary.com

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
God already answered thatt question for us.
Romans 13:8 (KJV)
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:14 (KJV)
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If you believe Jesus Christ a human, whoo had God’s spirit did not sin, then anyone who has God’s spirit will wholly obey God.

<><.🕇.><>

NOW you have MISINTERPRETED several verses, and I will PROVE IT TO YOU.

First of all, I need to ask you, DO you believe that JESUS is GOD in the flesh, that HE IS DEITY?

Do you believed that YOU HAVE been OBEDIENT to this VERSE:

Mark 12:30-31 (HCSB)
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.

31 “The second is: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these.”

NOW IF YOUR LOVE is LESS THAN THIS REQUIREMENT, THEN YOU ARE STILL A SINNER IN NEED OF DAILY REPENTANCE AND CONFESSION.

So you STILL think you are completely obedient to GOD? Then let me show you how Easily that BUBBLE of PRIDE can be BURST.

1 Peter 2:13-17 (NKJV)
13 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme,
14 or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good.
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--
16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God.
17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king [President Trump].

1538840726467.jpeg

Speeding, even accidentally - YOU SIN!

1538840921573.jpeg

Littering, even a candy bar wrapper or cigarette butt - YOU SIN!

Parking Violation - YOU SIN

1538841355585.png

Failure to pick up dog poop - YOU SIN!

1538841535498.jpeg

Jay Walking is an ordinance is some Cities - YOU SIN!

Shall I go on?

Feb 28, 2016
=========================================================
dc,
think you might have me mixed-up with somebody 'else' -
I definitely don't think that you are 'evil or lost, or blasphemous, or a troll!
quite the opposite...

where'd that come from???

U

UnderGrace

dc,
I definitely don't think that you are 'evil or lost, or blasphemous, or a troll!
quite the opposite...

Since dCon has gone to chop wood I can say this....

I belive when he said this he was referring to "Peaceful" not to you.:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Yep :)
dc,
quite the opposite...

Dave was saying what another had called him...

U

UnderGrace

I would like to go chop wood, I bet it helps relieve the stress that CC can bring on.:)
I have wood, maybe I should go buy an axe?:unsure:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am thinking I have read this many times over by various people who have come and gone, returned, gone and returned.

But what all those people can never answer is..... Where is the exact cut off point? Without knowledge of the cut off point every believer is continually in a place of insecurity.

How many sins? What is that extra sin that tipped the balance and Jesus just could not bring himself to die for it?

This is the art of double speak, ........"salvation is once saved"........"being saved is not once but gained by abiding"

once
wəns/
adverb
adverb: once
  1. 1.
    on one occasion or for one time only.
dictionary.com
I think we can infer by what was said, that they believe if any sins at all, they do not have the Holy Spirit within them. Therefore they believe one is not saved in the first place if they sin at all after thinking they are saved, PLUS, since they believe they are in possession of the Truth and therefore saved, that they do not sin at all = they promote them self as a sinless perfectionist.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Ypu
you see this because you fail to see this..

1 John 3:7-9 (KJV)
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This was after this..

1 John 1:10 - 2:1 (KJV)
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Yes we were sinners, have we being washed? Yes.. now do i go back too lying, because I want to job? Or go to marrying an unbeliever, or steal, or hate my brother, or steal, or allow the things of this world sway me? Or love the word..

You cannot pollute Christianity. I’ll tell you, those who will be saved will be saved, and thosee who will see the truth in these words will see.

Be it unto you, according to your Faith.
Romans 7:13-25 (NKJV)
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

U

UnderGrace

I would say it true belief itself, because if we believe God, we’ll keep Christ’s commandments. It is simple. The moment we act contrary to what he preached, we are unbelievers. We believe with our hearts not lips.
All it takes is a moment to make us an unbeliever?

Moment seems a little vague though?

mo·ment
ˈmōmənt/
noun
noun: moment; plural noun: moments
  1. 1.
    a very brief period of time.
    "she was silent for a moment before replying"
    synonyms:little while, short time, bit, minute, instant, second, split second;
    informalsec
    "he thought for a moment"
Can you define it a little more according to scripture?

So you have never had a moment when you have acted contrary to the commandments?