Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I see you are agreeing with studyman . well, lets' see. he thinks that the Pharisees were devil worshipers who had thrown out the Torah, and used their own law. he also does not recognize Jesus as being fully human and fully Devine.

do you agree or disagree with these 2 things.
I agree with the Word of God which became Flesh.

Matt. 3:
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Matt. 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I am not ashamed for "believing" the Christ over your religion. You also could choose to believe in the Christ of the Bible. You are free to make that choice.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Galatians 3:1-3
1You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
2This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
3Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

D, please notice that Galatians is being written because Paul learned that some were teaching that circumcision and the observance of the entire mosaic law was necessary for salvation. This, of course, is false.

Paul was just saying what I've been saying and which everyone here agrees with... we are NOT saved by works.
Galatians 2:16 We are saved ONLY by faith in Jesus.

Works would include circumcision, which is nothing, Galatians 6:15, and the observance of the entire mosaic law.

IOW, did the Galatians believe they were saved by the SPIRIT or by the FLESH? They certainly were not saved by the flesh.

I don't understand how you think Galatians has anything to do with what I'm saying.
We are saved by our spirit not by our works. However, Paul does go on to say that we are to do good to all men,,,Galatians 6:10

In every letter of his, he says to continue in our belief and good deeds. Even in Galatians 5:17-21 he states what we are NOT to do...so behavior IS important to our salvation.

If we returned to a life as depicted in Galatians 5:17-21 would one still be saved??

Here is what we absolutely Believe about the Good Works issue.

Obedience is PART of the LOVE that GOD poured into our Heart.

Romans 5:1-10 (HCSB)
1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance,
4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
6 For while we were still helpless [no works or good deeds], at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die.
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.
10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, ⌊then how⌋ much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!

Absolutely, NO WORKS, had any part in our SALVATION, and it was COMPLETE THE MOMENT WE CONFESSED (not just professed) that JESUS IS MY LORD, which means MASTER. And these things happened to the TRUE BELIEVERS at that same Moment.

The Holy Spirit Came into our Heart (human spirit). John 14:16-18, 1 Cor. 6:19-20, Eph. 1:13-14
Convicts our conscious of our Utterly SINFUL lifestyle, gives us a deep mourning over it. Acts 11:18, Acts 20:20-21, Ps. 51:17
The Holy Spirit Birthed our human spirit into ETERNAL LIFE. John 3:6-7, 1 Pet. 1:3-5, John 6:47
Declared us Righteous solely, because of WHAT JESUS DID ON THE CROSS. Rom. 5:9-10, Tit. 3:4-7, Luke 18:14
The Holy Spirit gets you to RECEIVE JESUS as LORD, and Confess Him as LORD. John 1:12-13, Col. 2:6, Rom. 10:9-11
The Holy Spirit Poured GOD's LOVE directly into our Heart (human spirit). Rom. 5:5, 1 John 3:14-17, Psa. 40:10
The Holy Spirit Immersed (BAPTIZED) us INTO the Spiritual Body of Christ. 1 Cor. 12:13, Rom. 6:3-4, Gal. 3:27
And gave our new born human spirit a Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness. John 6:35, 1 Pet. 2:2, Heb. 5:12-14, Rev. 21:6

That is all on DAY ONE, and it is TOTALLY COMPLETE, a GIFT OF GOD. IT IS SALVATION.

SO WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT?

NOTICE THAT WHEN GOD SAVED US, HE POURED HIS LOVE DIRECTLY INTO OUR HEARTS (human spirit).
That LOVE was sown into our Hearts in the FERTILE SOIL, and it will SPROUT, Grow DEEP ROOTS, and Produce a Bountiful Harvest of the SAME KIND OF LOVE HE PLANTED THERE. So OBEDIENCE IS A PRODUCT OF GOD's LOVE being PLANTED IN OUR HEARTS. You do not even get to puff yourself up with PRIDE for your OBEDIENCE. IT WAS PRODUCED FROM GOD's LOVE in our hearts. So get down off your High Horse, Humble yourself, and be in AWE of what CHRIST is doing in your LIFE. 1 John 3: 14-19

Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
6 being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Galatians 2:19-20 (HCSB)
19 For through the law I have died to the law, so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ
20 and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY FOR DOING ALL GOOD WORKS THAT COME OUT OF THE LOVE IN YOUR HEART.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Good luck with that brother......glad you are on board with the truth......
NoNameMcgee said:
"but maybe if you shared 'a complete list' of every CC account you have had maybe i would remember one of them"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi decon, Mcgee is correct, God'sGrace admits that she has been here prior, so if she would be so kind as to please give us her previous screen name or names, then we can talk bible.

U

UnderGrace

NoNameMcgee said:
"but maybe if you shared 'a complete list' of every CC account you have had maybe i would remember one of them"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi decon, Mcgee is correct, God'sGrace admits that she has been here prior, so if she would be so kind as to please give us her previous screen name or names, then we can talk bible.

I agree, what is the point, we can post and post, certain people cannot be persuaded and are not forthright.

T

theanointedsinner

do note that even research is not working for salvation, instead, it's using God-given abilities, as a way to glorify God

T

theanointedsinner

To know that Jesus is in you, faith is required

when you are sure of that, be thankful for that certainty, and don't take for granted how difficult it is to "walk by faith, not by sight" for this.

N

NoNameMcgee

I explained this to you before also. No fake branch is on the true vine. Do you think those who deny Jesus are going to be IN HIM? No. only those IN HIM are good branches and they are the ones referred to in John 15:2. If they do not produce fruit, they will be cut off. Same as in this scripture:
Romans 11:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

The good (those that believe and are saved), will receive goodness from God, only if we continue in his goodness, otherwise we also will be cut off. You got to get a clue sooner or later.
ben

you think genuine believers....( not just those with elements of faith who decieve even themself but never God)

can be born again....

lose salvation....

then be grafted back in......

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

please ben

explain what this means to you

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I just got here. I don't know what anybody thinks except for what they post.
So far, I agree with Studyman...I'm agreeing to what he's posting.

When he posts something I don't agree with, I won't hesitate to say so.

I'll only say that I'm a traditional Christian ---whatever that means.
I believe in the Trinity or Godhead.
I believe Jesus was 100% human and 100% God.
I believe He died for our atonement - whichever one anyone cares to believe in is fine with me.
I believe He rose from the dead and will come back one day.
I believe in heaven and hell (whatever hell is) and that we must trust and obey God as best we can to be with Him for eternity.
You OMITTED a CRITICAL Phrase in the Bottom line, so I cannot agree.

IF WE LOVE HIM WILL trust and obey God as best we can to be with Him for eternity.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commands.

The way you phrased it make is PART OF SALVATION, IT IS PART OF LOVE.

Dec 12, 2013
You OMITTED a CRITICAL Phrase in the Bottom line, so I cannot agree.

IF WE LOVE HIM WILL trust and obey God as best we can to be with Him for eternity.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commands.

The way you phrased it make is PART OF SALVATION, IT IS PART OF LOVE.
Like I have said numerous times....the workers for, Cainologists and Pharisee do the following..

a. Deny, change or omit context
b. Deny, change, embellish or omit verbiage and verb tense
c. Deny, change, omit, embellish or flat reject scripture in context

For example.....they will say....

WORKS do not save us, but they keep us saved

Eternal or everlasting life really means temporal life based upon what we do

Kept by the power of God through faith means we keep our self saved by what we do

The irrevocable gift of faith and salvation is revocable and a wage or reward earned by service

The hope of the bible which means a confidence of something guaranteed actually equates to the type of hope one has when they buy a lottery ticket.

Paul is Romans and James in James are conflated and or pitted against each other while the context of both is ignored and or rejected

Paul states we are eternally justified by faith alone yet they teach we justify ourselves by our works

and on and on and on and on......