Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yeh I get it, especially knowing that what they are doing has nothing to do with God, it's almost like they are performing some sort of demonic ritual

They have what's called a "fireside room" which apparently is where they conduct their rituals and sacrifices to dead ancestors. They also blatantly display the gay pride colors outside their front door and in one of their windows.. :rolleyes:

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
SO what.....what exactly is you point?....there is not 3 gods.....1 GOD manifested three ways
I asked many questions in this post as well as my earlier one's in this thread. I received no answers to any of my questions.

I've made my point, I have no problem with people who disagree. No harm no foul. Best wishes to you & yours.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Would you be kind enough to answer the 6 questions below in CAPS? I'm most interested in the last POST RESURRECTION two.

When Jesus prays to the Father:
IS HE PRAYING TO HIMSELF?

John 14:28 Jesus say's, the Father is greater then him:
DID JESUS LIE HERE?

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
(I came from the Father, Jn 3:16 God sent his Son, I leave this world & return to the Father:
DID HE SEND HIMSELF?
IS HE RETURNING TO HIMSELF?)

Heb 10:12 (B&C) after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
(This isn't the earthly Jesus. This is the risen/glorified Jesus:
DOES HE SIT DOWN NEXT TO HIMSELF?)

Rev 5:7 And he (VS 5 the Loin of the tribe of Juda, ve 6 the Lamb) came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
(Here again, this isn't the earthly Jesus. This is the risen/glorified Jesus:
DOES THE LAMB/CHRIST TAKE THE BOOK OUT OF HIS OWN HAND?)

Dec 12, 2013
I asked many questions in this post as well as my earlier one's in this thread. I received no answers to any of my questions.

I've made my point, I have no problem with people who disagree. No harm no foul. Best wishes to you & yours.
Again, what is your point....are you trying to say that JESUS is not GOD.......and some of the scriptures you cite have no bearing on disproving or proving anything....HE disrobed himself of GLORY and took upon himself the form of a man....what is so hard about understanding 1 God manifested three ways.......

A MAN

MIND <----INTELLECT, INVISIBLE THE FATHER
BODY <----SEEN CHRIST
SPIRIT <----BREATH and or WORD HOLY SPIRIT

What is so difficult about that......JESUS is the PHYSICAL ICON of the INVISIBLE FATHER.....it is not difficult to grasp....

YOU asked questions....what is the POINT you are trying to prove?

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
SO what.....what exactly is you point?....there is not 3 gods.....1 GOD manifested three ways
Would you be kind enough to answer the 6 questions below in CAPS? I'm most interested in the last POST RESURRECTION two.

DID JESUS LIE HERE?

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
(I came from the Father, Jn 3:16 God sent his Son, I leave this world & return to the Father:
DID HE SEND HIMSELF?

Heb 10:12 (B&C) after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Rev 5:7 And he (VS 5 the Loin of the tribe of Juda, ve 6 the Lamb) came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Again, what is your point....are you trying to say that JESUS is not GOD.......and some of the scriptures you cite have no bearing on disproving or proving anything....HE disrobed himself of GLORY and took upon himself the form of a man....what is so hard about understanding 1 God manifested three ways.......

A MAN

MIND <----INTELLECT, INVISIBLE THE FATHER
BODY <----SEEN CHRIST
SPIRIT <----BREATH and or WORD HOLY SPIRIT

What is so difficult about that......JESUS is the PHYSICAL ICON of the INVISIBLE FATHER.....it is not difficult to grasp....

YOU asked questions....what is the POINT you are trying to prove?

DID JESUS LIE HERE?

DID HE SEND HIMSELF?

Dec 12, 2013

DID JESUS LIE HERE?

DID HE SEND HIMSELF?

I did answer.....Post 82664.......

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
There is no Post 82664

Would you be kind enough answer the six specific questions. I've asked, IN CAPS, below:

I'm especially interested in a reply to the last POST RESURRECTION two. Thx in advance...

1) IS HE PRAYING TO HIMSELF?

2) DID JESUS LIE HERE?

3) DID HE SEND HIMSELF?
4) IS HE RETURNING TO HIMSELF?)

5) DOES HE SIT DOWN NEXT TO HIMSELF?)

6) DOES THE LAMB/CHRIST TAKE THE BOOK OUT OF HIS OWN HAND?)

Oct 31, 2015
JPT, please tell me who claims this idea that you say; "all we need to do?" Who is saying this please.
Your quote: "The claim is, all we need to do is believe in the finished work of Christ”.

Yep okay, this seems to be the same argument that GodsGrace101 uses to say that those who believe that we are saved by grace through faith and that "not from yourself", it is the "gift" of God; believe that there is nothing left to do but sit on our duffs and do nothing until Christ's return.

Answer: nobody on this thread believes in such a ridiculous idea. If you know someone who believes that after we are saved "all" we are to do absolutely nothing please tell me his/her name so we can have a talk; "we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life."

"Saved unto good works; not saved or kept saved, by our good works."

Ephesians 2:8-10
8)"
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the "gift" of God, 9) not by works, so that no one can boast. 10) For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life."

Please post the scripture that’s mentions the “finished work of Christ”.

I have asked for this repeatedly with no one complying.

If you can’t produce the scripture, then you may want to refrain from teaching false doctrine.

JLB

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
There is no Post 82664

Would you be kind enough answer the six specific questions. I've asked, IN CAPS, below:

I'm especially interested in a reply to the last POST RESURRECTION two. Thx in advance...

2) DID JESUS LIE HERE?

3) DID HE SEND HIMSELF?

Oct 31, 2015
Acts 16- after the earthquake that freed Paul and Silas , the jailors asked them " sirs, what must I do to be saved"

Paul- " believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household ".

maybe you need to spend more time studying and less time spouting off about command keeping.

Yes believe, which means trust and commit to obey Jesus as Lord.

Nothing about His finished work.

JLB

Oct 31, 2015
Budman said:
So, you obey all of the commandments of Jesus?

That's a contradiction in terms.

So, have you sold all that you own and given the money to the poor?

Are you as perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect?

Do you forgive seven times seventy?

When you have lunch or dinner, do you go out and invite the poor, the cripple, the lame, and the blind to join you?

Do you love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind at all times?

Do you wash the feet of other believers?

Have you preached the gospel to every creature?

Are you willing to pluck out your eye or cut of your hand if either causes you to stumble?

Do you honor and obey your parents at all times?

Have you gone and made disciples from all nations, baptizing them?

Just curious......

I answered your question.

If you expect others to answer your questions then you need to do the same.

Which one of His commandments do you struggle with keeping?

No other gods
Worshipping graven images
Taking His name in vain
Honoring your father or mother
Murder
Adultery
Stealing
Lying
Coveting

JLB

Oct 31, 2015
There's nothing worse than a Pharisee spirit of religion.

I agree, except for a person who leads people to depart from the faith by false doctrine of lawlessness.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
1 Timothy 4:1

How can a person remain saved who departs from the faith in Christ.

JPT

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Please post the scripture that’s mentions the “finished work of Christ”.

I have asked for this repeatedly with no one complying.

If you can’t produce the scripture, then you may want to refrain from teaching false doctrine.

JLB
Hi justpassinthriugh,

Asking for 1 scripture to answer a book full of questions is unreasonable. I believe answers you question can be found here:

https://www.gotquestions.org/it-is-finished.html

Dec 12, 2013
Gotta love so called believers that red x truthful posts.......no wonder Jesus get's sold out on a regular basis by many that say they are saved.....

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Yes believe, which means trust and commit to obey Jesus as Lord.

Nothing about His finished work.

JLB
Believe means have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. Obedience which follows is WORKS.

Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of his finished work of redemption alone and not based on the merits of our obedience/works.

Please post the scripture that’s mentions the “finished work of Christ”. I have asked for this repeatedly with no one complying.
*See post #83,424 - https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/not-by-works.146296/page-4122#post-3834802

Dec 12, 2013
There is no Post 82664

2) DID JESUS LIE HERE?

3) DID HE SEND HIMSELF?

Is God invisible? How do you suppose he would reveal himself to humanity if he is invisible, Spirit?
1. Jesus is in the flesh as the SON of MAN and setting the example for humanity to pray to OUR FATHER which MADE US ALL
2. JESUS is in the Flesh and LIMITED by the flesh having disrobed himself of GLORY
3. GOD is reconciling MAN UNTO HIMSELF through the PHYSICAL ICON of HIMSELF
4. JESUS which is the PHYSICAL representation of the INVISIBLE GOD had momentarily disrobed himself of the GLORY he HELD with the FATHER and is as MUCH GOD in his glorified STATE as the FATHER IS
5. HE sits on the THRONE AS GOD <---REVELATION and retakes HIS place that HE LEFT to fulfill 3
6. Does the LAMB described SOUND like JESUS or do you suppose it is a REPRESENTATION of CHRIST in HEAVEN (DO you think GOD is limited to one place at one time?)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
No.

We are to trust Jesus Christ, by submitting to Him as a Lord in obedience to His teaching.

JLB
You continue to confuse faith in Christ for salvation with obedience/works which “follows” saving faith in Christ and the end result is works righteousness.