Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

hi!

judging from your SN you're here with a definite agenda and would it be fair to guess you were here yesterday with a different account, with the same agenda? i was still looking for an explanation..

anyhoo

depends,

Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
(Philippians 3:15)

what does this mean?
yes most definitely, except today I received likes instead of disagree, go figure:unsure:

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
No, I believe the bible....a heretic after the first and or second admonition REJECT<----and the context is those who are opinionated to the point of being schismatic or divisive....
...Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. Jude 1:14-19

...As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26

Who are those without the SPIRIT who divide you or are divisive?

...If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. 1 Timothy 6:3-5

...They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good. Titus 1:16

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Parable of the sower is not about staying saved.
You see...Unclesilas was right...

Explain why it's not about staying saved.
Read the following and tell what Jesus is talking about.

Luke 8:13
13“Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away."

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
You see.
He was right!

13“Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away."
I believe that the GOOD soil is prepared by God and they persevere till the end.

Dec 12, 2013
Oh. So how we live has nothing to do with being saved eternally?

Matthew 19:16-19 Jesus said:
16And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?”
17And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”
FRAN.........we have had this dance and you are leaving off the rest of it and if you cannot be honest with the fact that JESUS was born, lived and died under the law which ratified the NEW Covenant, then do not bother me like a gnat with your pesky half truth dogma that does not even come close to the truth....

U

UnderGrace

Yes. I was worried you and Dcon might be missing me too much.
But I'm not back for long.
There's just so much I can take.
Just to see what's going on.
I truly am sorry we can't have an honest discussion....
We have had many somewhat honest discussions, you just do not like our biblical stance.

No worries, we know the gospel is offensive when it is rightly presented.

That is why there are so many more workers for salvation in this world..... we who know the true Good News .....ie.. that we are completely saved when we were born again are few in number.

The truth is the narrow gate remember, the one that is hard to find:)

Did you want the scripture for that...hehehe

Feb 5, 2019
when one gets banned, and comes back under a different name, then that is a answer for one's integrity and honesty ....
why did they get banned in the first place, who s integrity is being is in question , the killer or the executioner, if they are only words typed in to a computer.

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

some religions or all religions, who believe in a god, pray to there god,
if its a double edge sword, the words will back fire on them , some people believe god forgive them there sin. salvation is only one word, but covers many sins to some, if jesus salvation was already here before you believed , who am i to tell god who he saved and who he did not save.because he never understood there post,

some religions pray that god or the devil , or an angel will go in to a believers or none believers private home, to bring condemnation on there heads, because they started a prayer group, to fight what they define as a act or a sin, having understanding to the helmet of salvation, yet have no understand to who these people fight every day of there lives, yet having no understanding to the damage they do to them selfs in the heaven realms. when condemnation comes knocking in to there own lives.

some judge others with hit them with the sword and shield, cast out the demon. with the voice of prayer,
other want more converts in there church, i have 10000 in my church, that pray for this.
then say who is condemning me of my sin, i have 20 , 30 year or 40 year, bible understanding behind me

who are you fighting if sin has been conquered , yet you want more reward from god for make human converts
yet you wonder who is praying against you. and you blame evil or devil for this condemnation knocking at your door.

you would think this form was a battle field , to who knows more scripture, yet do not know the meaning of no condemnation in there own lives, to the children who reads there posts, who only seek a deeper understanding to god loves, peace etc,

yet you wonder why people get upset and tell you this by banning them

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
We have had many somewhat honest discussions, you just do not like our biblical stance.

No worries, we know the gospel is offensive when it is rightly presented.

That is why there are so many more workers for salvation in this world..... we who know the true Good News .....ie.. that we are completely saved when we were born again are few in number.

The truth is the narrow gate remember, the one that is hard to find:)

Did you want the scripture for that...hehehe
See...
There's the problem.
We are NOT discussing the bible.
YOU are discussing ME and telling me what I think and telling me YOU know the TRUE good news and that you're completely saved.

I may be only partly saved..you know, like being a little pregnant...

But you've proved my point once again...

WHY didn't you just exegete the verse?
Is it because you cannot?
What is the reason you won't have a serious conversation???

Here it is again:

WHY is it NOT speaking of someone becoming lost again?
What is Jesus trying to tell us all?

U

UnderGrace

You see...Unclesilas was right...

Does "fall away" mean one losses their salvation? Why did Jesus not say then "fall away and loose their salvation"

You are adding to the text.

That is called eisegesis

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I believe that the GOOD soil is prepared by God and they persevere till the end.
They persevere till the end.
And therein lies the problem with your theology.
You won't know TILL THE END whether or not you're saved.
How can you be sure God picked you?

Could you please address
13“Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away. "

May 20, 2018
Ohio
YES, JESUS saved me FROM my sin.......not IN my sin

"old things pass away and behold all things become new"
Galatians 5:16 (KJV)
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

christian's do not have to sin everyday

the reason people sin everyday is because they are a sinners!

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

James 1:14-15 (KJV)
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Absolutely not according to the law, but God has washed me clean of my sin by the blood of Christ. It is God and God only who justifies and condemns so I am sinless to the one it matters

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Does "fall away" mean one losses their salvation? Why did Jesus not say then "fall away and loose their salvation"

That is called eisegesis
You still haven't explained it.
PLEASE try to explain it.
Go sentence by sentence and explain what Jesus is saying.
THIS is the only way to understand the bible.
NOT to go to it with some notion in your head and then understand it that way.

First of all: FALL AWAY
WHAT would someone be falling away from??

Jesus spoke very clearly...some just don't want to hear Him.

Please read Luke 8:13 and explain what Jesus is saying.

Feb 5, 2019
I am still wondering why people enable her by responding to her.
sorry pal , when did jesus ,stop responding to you, if you seek correction , by tell others to reject an other human. just words dont seek to be exclude them selfs. i could has said this behind you back but post it directly to you.

U

UnderGrace

Yes. I was worried you and Dcon might be missing me too much.
But I'm not back for long.
There's just so much I can take.
Just to see what's going on.
I truly am sorry we can't have an honest discussion....
Why would I use scripture to respond to the above, that is what I was responding to.....I do not see any scripture there to respond to???

So why this accusation????

See...
There's the problem.
We are NOT discussing the bible.
YOU are discussing ME and telling me what I think and telling me YOU know the TRUE good news and that you're completely saved.

I may be only partly saved..you know, like being a little pregnant...

But you've proved my point once again...

WHY didn't you just exegete the verse?
Is it because you cannot?
What is the reason you won't have a serious conversation???

Here it is again:

WHY is it NOT speaking of someone becoming lost again?
What is Jesus trying to tell us all?

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018

That is called eisegesis
What am I adding to the text???
I just posted what the bible has printed.

You have to start thinking on your own UG.