Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
I have spent the last several hours praying about this so what I say I do not say lightly. I have never done anything like this before especially online, but I must obey what I feel in my heart. I have already been told that many of you will disagree and laugh at me..... But again I don't care that is a price I'm willing to pay.

I Speak today to anyone who has disagreed with me over the last several days but especially to
dictator Decon......E G or eternally grateful........... BUDMAN......VCO.....HV something,......... The fact that you could not sense that I was led here to help you............just like Aquila and Priscilla helped Apollo's and showed him the way more perfectly, says a lot to me about your spiritual condition you have ears but you will not hear me. Anyone reading my post should have felt something in their heart and said yes, yes this too is truth. But not you, you have Harden your heart and stiffened your necks. Henceforth I have been told to demand... Yea command, everyone who stands in disagreement with me...... Do not ever address me on this forum any longer..... I hate to do this I don't want to do this, but I must!! do not ever talk to me again. You have had your time to learn but you have refused. From this day forward.......I have been told to Warn all of you that disagree with me that even if you try to address me on this form again that the isolation, devastation and destruction found in the book of Naomi 3: 2 -12 will then be placed upon your heads and it will soon become your isolation desolation and destruction....... Laugh..... Make fun of me but you have been warned!
Good bye again, Not-Goodnewsman, aka false prophet,

And please take notice dear friends that "FollowHisSteps, gave Goodnewsman, "a false prophet", a resounding approval for these self condemning words. Jesus said, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail." Matthew 16:18

Winner

FollowHisSteps
Today at 7:11 AM

Matthew 7:15-16aBeware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits.”

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Fran

It's the innocence of blood for the guilty. From the start of life in Jesus, to the finish. We put faith in His blood. We will always fall short of the life of Jesus. He is the begotten. We are the born again. His blood only has life, eternal life, and is in heaven before Father now.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I understand you were banned for this post. Sorry to see you go
I don't understand very well how banning works.
I've been told many times on this thread that I'm going straight to hell when I die.
And other stuff...

I can take the heat, I don't care.
but I do wonder if that isn't just as bad?
What he said though did go beyond the pale...
we just shouldn't speak that way.

He sounded Ok otherwise...I'm sad to see him go too.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I just want to say that Acts 13:39 is stating that we cannot be justified by the Law of Moses.
Let's just make clear that persons were justified in the O.T. too.
As faith saves today...persons in the O.T. were also saved by faith.
This has always been true.
I have wondered about people wanting to be recognised.

The strangest sentence today was "Yes, that's why I oppose you."

Ofcourse, if the real message is you upset me, it becomes very clear. Facts expose the feeling.
Jesus upsets us, because He is the light and we like darkness, because admitting our failures and
evil deeds hurts and is hard.

Jesus was meek, humble, a peace maker, righteous, empathetic, mourning for those who are lost,
a helper, a servant, a listener, a person who saw the need and gave the advice.

Everyone can be like this. It is not getting up on the stage, performing, needing to pass exams,
have someone over your shoulder telling you its not good enough. But yet to be like Jesus people
feel is impossible. But when do people say, no, Jesus said it was possible, Jesus is God and I believe
Him.

How many say they believe Jesus yet on this very issue do not believe Him. So they are lying to themselves
and in the end, are not fulfilling the promise and salvation. This road costs our lives, and for His sake we
lose it to be given it back again. Amen, thank you Jesus.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Be perfect, therefore as you heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48
Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you Matt 5:44

I do not like the word perfect, because to me it means the best in everything.
But God means being a reflection of the Fathers nature.

This is Gods perfection, which is not ours.
It is why we have to change, learn, repent, walk, persevere, become victorious,
overcome and we will find we are transformed, new people, a new creation, born
into the Kingdom.
Do you think the overcoming life is by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony? Your life?

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I have wondered about people wanting to be recognised.

The strangest sentence today was "Yes, that's why I oppose you."

Ofcourse, if the real message is you upset me, it becomes very clear. Facts expose the feeling.
Jesus upsets us, because He is the light and we like darkness, because admitting our failures and
evil deeds hurts and is hard.

Jesus was meek, humble, a peace maker, righteous, empathetic, mourning for those who are lost,
a helper, a servant, a listener, a person who saw the need and gave the advice.

Everyone can be like this. It is not getting up on the stage, performing, needing to pass exams,
have someone over your shoulder telling you its not good enough. But yet to be like Jesus people
feel is impossible. But when do people say, no, Jesus said it was possible, Jesus is God and I believe
Him.

How many say they believe Jesus yet on this very issue do not believe Him. So they are lying to themselves
and in the end, are not fulfilling the promise and salvation. This road costs our lives, and for His sake we
lose it to be given it back again. Amen, thank you Jesus.
I didnt' see that post. This thread moves along too fast and a lot is missed.
So, I don't know what it was in reference to...but no one should OPPOSE another Christian.
We're talking about doctrine....it's not like the losing side is going to be tortured and killed...you'd think it was.

There are persons that believe those trusting in OSAS do so because they will then not have to worry about following God's laws and could even, maybe, sin without worrying about it too much.
OTOH, there are persons here that I see as being "good" Christians and that strive to live a good life..so I don't know why they hold so tightly to that position...

Jesus came to transform us. He criticized the pharisees...not because they were teaching wrong...
Mathew 23:3
But because they were not changed on the inside. God wants our hearts...he wrote the law in our hearts because that's the only way we could follow it. Jeremiah 31:33.

I've asked many times here what the difference is between the Mosaic Covenant and the New Covenant but have not received a reply. I don't know why.

I'll tell you this for sure....no covenant abolishes the previous one. It only changes it somehow...makes it better.

We are no longer under the law....but in the New Covenant the law has not been abolished.
What has changed is our ability to follow it because we now have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us and in the Mosaic Covenant He was not.

This is the big difference.
But to avail ourselves of the N.C. we must be IN IT.
The only way to be in it is to be in the Kingdom of God (here) that Jesus preached.
And Jesus taught us how to be in the Kingdom...No need to guess or argue...
Only accept.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I have spent the last several hours praying about this so what I say I do not say lightly. I have never done anything like this before especially online, but I must obey what I feel in my heart. I have already been told that many of you will disagree and laugh at me..... But again I don't care that is a price I'm willing to pay.

I Speak today to anyone who has disagreed with me over the last several days but especially to
dictator Decon......E G or eternally grateful........... BUDMAN......VCO.....HV something,......... The fact that you could not sense that I was led here to help you............just like Aquila and Priscilla helped Apollo's and showed him the way more perfectly, says a lot to me about your spiritual condition you have ears but you will not hear me. Anyone reading my post should have felt something in their heart and said yes, yes this too is truth. But not you, you have Harden your heart and stiffened your necks. Henceforth I have been told to demand... Yea command, everyone who stands in disagreement with me...... Do not ever address me on this forum any longer..... I hate to do this I don't want to do this, but I must!! do not ever talk to me again. You have had your time to learn but you have refused. From this day forward.......I have been told to Warn all of you that disagree with me that even if you try to address me on this form again that the isolation, devastation and destruction found in the book of Naomi 3: 2 -12 will then be placed upon your heads and it will soon become your isolation desolation and destruction....... Laugh..... Make fun of me but you have been warned!
I admire a man who prays about an important issue in their hearts.
He felt rejected and cast to one side. Welcome to the world of prophets of God.

Moses got annoyed with Israel and did not leave it to God to exercise His holiness.
It is always hard to know we are sinners saved by grace, transformed by His hand, and in this
no more worthy of the mercy we receive than any.

Pauls answer was simple, when cursed we bless, when persecuted we pray for those who persecute us.
So bless you Decon, EG, Budman, VCO etc because the Lord loves you as He does me, and I desire that
we might learn how to have fellowship in the ministry of His Holy Spirit one with another sharing psalms,
hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord. Amen

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who keeps saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will get into the kingdom from heaven, but only the person who keeps doing the will of my Father in heaven.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name, drove out demons in your name, and performed many miracles in your name, didn't we?'

Mat 7:23  Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who practice evil!'"

Build Your House on the Rock

I see these scriptures differently than before. The reason why they weren't known is because they say they did these works. It's Holy Spirit who does works "through" us, not by us. Works of iniquity? Human power?

The anointing. This is our testimony. His power. Without Him we can do nothing.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I understand you believe the words of a false prophet
Just saw this. Why is it necessary to call one who desires to follow God a false prophet?

I'd say those that speak against what Jesus taught are the false prophets....

What did the banned member say that made him a false prophet?
(please exclude that last post he made).

Oct 31, 2015
What part of "faith apart from works" don't you get?

To add anything to faith alone is a work.

The scripture doesn’t say “faith alone”.

It says faith.

Faith without something is dead, meaning faith alone is dead.

Faith must have something to activate it.

Not the works of the law.

Not good works.

Not work that earns.

But the thing God has designed faith to be activated by, or made alive by is the work of obedience.

Otherwise faith is dead and can not save.

Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? James 2:21-22

The “work” that Abraham did was to obey God to offer his son Issac on the altar.

• Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

Faith is incomplete, without the work of obedience.

• Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? (Complete)

So there is no such scripture in the Bible that teaches us we are justified by faith alone.

JPT

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I don't understand very well how banning works.
I've been told many times on this thread that I'm going straight to hell when I die.
And other stuff...

I can take the heat, I don't care.
but I do wonder if that isn't just as bad?
What he said though did go beyond the pale...
we just shouldn't speak that way.

He sounded Ok otherwise...I'm sad to see him go too.
not by me you have not.

so, still waiting on the apology you owe for saying that I told you would go to hell.

never typed out those words to you.

Oct 31, 2015
Act 13:38  "Therefore, brothers, you must understand that through him the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you,

Act 13:39  and that everyone who believes in him is justified and freed from everything that kept you from being justified by the Law of Moses.

No mention of faith alone here.

Keep trying.

Faith without something is dead, meaning faith alone is dead.

Faith must have something to activate it.

Not the works of the law.

Not good works.

Not work that earns.

But the thing God has designed faith to be activated by, or made alive by is the work of obedience.

Otherwise faith is dead and can not save.

Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? James 2:21-22

The “work” that Abraham did was to obey God to offer his son Issac on the altar.

• Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

Faith is incomplete, without the work of obedience.

• Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? (Complete)

So there is no such scripture in the Bible that teaches us we are justified by faith alone.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who keeps saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will get into the kingdom from heaven, but only the person who keeps doing the will of my Father in heaven.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name, drove out demons in your name, and performed many miracles in your name, didn't we?'

Mat 7:23  Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who practice evil!'"

Build Your House on the Rock

I see these scriptures differently than before. The reason why they weren't known is because they say they did these works. It's Holy Spirit who does works "through" us, not by us. Works of iniquity? Human power?

The anointing. This is our testimony. His power. Without Him we can do nothing.
S, what do you mean you see the words differently?

Can't you accept why Jesus said He won't know them??
You stated it in your post above.... Here it is again:

Mathew 7:23 JESUS said:
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who practice evil!'"

There's no need to guess or change or anything.
Jesus plainly says WHO will be banished from Him.
Those who practice evil.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Do you think the overcoming life is by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony? Your life?
I believe it is Christ in us that overcomes. How can we separate ourselves and the Holy Spirit within
as we walk in praise and thanks in all we do? I am not sure I fully know who I am separate from Him in who
I dwell.

As an ambassador, the work of His hands, we are Christ to those about us. Some talk like they can separate
themselves from the works that are uniquely in Christ and ones that are uniquely in the flesh or from self.

Paul says things of the flesh are obvious and things of the Spirit likewise. So we should sow to the Spirit and
reap eternal life, and not to the flesh and reap death.

But then those who say nothing we do has value, they cannot be members of the Kingdom, or be indwelt by
the Holy Spirit or be an ambassador, because only God can do His works........

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I've asked many times here what the difference is between the Mosaic Covenant and the New Covenant but have not received a reply. I don't know why.
The old is a contract between 2 parties. The new is a will of inheritance. I've posted this many times.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
S, what do you mean you see the words differently?

Can't you accept why Jesus said He won't know them??
You stated it in your post above.... Here it is again:

Mathew 7:23 JESUS said:
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who practice evil!'"

There's no need to guess or change or anything.
Jesus plainly says WHO will be banished from Him.
Those who practice evil.
Not born from above.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I believe it is Christ in us that overcomes. How can we separate ourselves and the Holy Spirit within
as we walk in praise and thanks in all we do? I am not sure I fully know who I am separate from Him in who
I dwell.

As an ambassador, the work of His hands, we are Christ to those about us. Some talk like they can separate
themselves from the works that are uniquely in Christ and ones that are uniquely in the flesh or from self.

Paul says things of the flesh are obvious and things of the Spirit likewise. So we should sow to the Spirit and
reap eternal life, and not to the flesh and reap death.

But then those who say nothing we do has value, they cannot be members of the Kingdom, or be indwelt by
the Holy Spirit or be an ambassador, because only God can do His works........
I'd have to agree.

If we say "God does it all" then we have to accept that He also causes the sin in us because HE failed and not us.

When presented with any decision...we have a choice of which direction we want to take.
When we take the right direction, we can say that the Holy Spirit has helped us to do so...or God dwelling in us, as you put it.

But we can also choose the wrong path...surely God has nothing to do with this...but only the temptation of the evil one.