Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Abraham believed and OBEYED God BEFORE the scripture speaking of Abraham's faith:

Genesis 12:1
Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you; 4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Later, Abraham's faith was tested even further.
Abraham was saved because he believed God. Not because he worked.

Have you never ever read romans 4?

E

eternally-gratefull

That is not in the Bible, it is what false teachers say like a mantra.

The reward is eternal life with God. Do you not know the scriptures?
Since my first post messed up. Will try again.

The gift of God is eternal life (Gods words not mine)

The defenition of grace is favor or mercy.. When you show grace to someone, You show mercy, And it all comes out of love..

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
TheDivineWatermark said:
EDIT: ^ ... conveyed in English versions, but in the Grk "having offered [aorist]"
Another Greek export.
We have so many on this thread.
Could you explain the aorist tense to us?
First, you should understand what my EDIT referred to. It was in reference to my last sentence, in the brackets (of the previous post), and that had to do with the wording in Verse 21, where it says, "...having offered [aorist participle active] the son of him upon the altar."

Now, if I said a sentence using the phrase "having brushed his teeth," would you automatically assume it is speaking of the moment in his babyhood [distant past] when his first tooth poked through? or at some later point? and... "having brushed" means, after he has done even that, right? (not before he has even brushed his teeth, in a certain context, right?)

Perhaps this can be an initial help to you, in understanding the perspective I presented. May God shed His illumination on the subject, to the readers. God bless the reading of His Word. :)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Not of works lest anyone should BOAST.

The GIFT of God is eternal life
You should recognize these two words of God quite well. They contradict what you believe.
The gift of God is only to those who believe Him, that He can transform them into saints
of the Kingdom.

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
Isaiah 6:5-7

We must be changed the sin within burnt away.
Isaiah though he was a man of God, a prophet still he needed cleansing.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you :D

I came to the conclusion that with over 40 000 Christian church denominations we will never be able to agree... until Christ's return :)
And this is how it should be. We have the freedom of expressing Christ within as we bring
praise before His throne. Some are quiet, some loud, some appreciate ceremonies, others guitar,
others organs and hymns. When we meet Him face to face, then our song will never end, Amen.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Thank you :D

I came to the conclusion that with over 40 000 Christian church denominations we will never be able to agree... until Christ's return :)
This is the reason the catholic church has the pope. I believe thats the reason why these big church organizations were started back in the days. Once you get millions of members, you need centralized leadership to keep it together, and in a time where nobody knew how to read and was blind as a bat, it was all about what the guy in the robe said!

Even after the reformation, the lutherans came out with their own catechism and augsburg confession which condemns a bunch of stuff modern day protestant believe, like premillennialism.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Another 7th day"er" or a Pharisee.....one that has no concept of context....again we see James yanked out of context to peddle a false dogma.....turn the light on and here they come
That last line you wrote...there's a scripture that says the very same thing. The kingdom of heaven is like a tree that grows up and the birds come and lodge in the branches.

We sometimes read this as a good thing...until we look at the concordance. Was posting from memory.

It's the same thing with a move of God on earth. Demons are drawn.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
AAARGH! I was at the gas station drinking coffee and eating my lunch and there was a song playing thats now haunting me!
Anyone ever get those?

E

eternally-gratefull

AAARGH! I was at the gas station drinking coffee and eating my lunch and there was a song playing thats now haunting me!
Anyone ever get those?
Yeah when it takes me back to a time I do not want to remember!