Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
It was stated to me, but beside that no reason to talk to anyone that way for any reason.
Hi UG, mercy, mercy, let it be known to "all", that coarse foul language will not be tolerated no matter who it is directed at. Remember Mom and Dad said to always say "please and thank you", try a little of that for a change.

Abuse of any kind needs to be stopped in its tracks before it has time to escalate.

Psalm139:21-24
21)
Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD,
and detest those who rise against You?
22) I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them as my enemies.
23) Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my concerns.
24) See if there is any offensive way in me;
lead me in the way everlasting.

U

UnderGrace

TT, thank you so much you are so kind. :)
Agree not personal, I was shocked because I do not write anything contentious.

This language is so rampant, I hear people talk in the hallways where I work, they can barely string two words together, let alone make a cogent statement, but it is always intertwined with a string of foul words. ..this is the new vernacular.

When an elected congresswoman can get up an make a speech and call the President by the most vile name, all I can say is
Come Lord Jesus Come!!

We are called to be different than this for a reason:)

Hi UG, mercy, mercy, let it be known to "all", that coarse foul language will not be tolerated no matter who it is directed at. Remember Mom and Dad said to always say "please and thank you", try a little of that for a change.

Abuse of any kind needs to be stopped in its tracks before it has time to escalate.

Psalm139:21-24
21)
Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD,
and detest those who rise against You?
22) I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them as my enemies.
23) Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my concerns.
24) See if there is any offensive way in me;
lead me in the way everlasting.

Dec 12, 2013
I bet his nose is longer than Pinocchio :geek:
Hahah Look....I do not mind discussing or even heated arguments over dissenting views of scripture......but the things I despise to the max are....

a. People that change or embellish what I say

b. People that flat lie about what I say

c. People that are flat dishonest with the word of God

I know that I am very pointed and say some hard things and call a spade a spade.....but I will not change, embellish or lie about what people say intentionally.....and even have apologized 3 to 5 times OPENLY when I have taken it a little too far.....!!

E

eternally-gratefull

Hahah Look....I do not mind discussing or even heated arguments over dissenting views of scripture......but the things I despise to the max are....

I know that I am very pointed and say some hard things and call a spade a spade.....but I will not change, embellish or lie about what people say intentionally.....and even have apologized 3 to 5 times OPENLY when I have taken it a little too far.....!!
Just be careful. I love calling them out. And alot of people think I am arrogant, proud and i was even called a bully for that..lol

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

if I may add to your list-

people who reject the meanings of the words in Scripture.

like peter refusing to recognize the actual definition of the word " sin"

like the once-again gone fran ( and others ) saying that " believe " and " obey " mean the same thing.

I mean, how can one claim to follow Scripture while at the same time ignore and/ or change the meanings of the words it is composed of......

E

eternally-gratefull

like the once-again gone fran ( and others ) saying that " believe " and " obey " mean the same thing.

I mean, how can one claim to follow Scripture while at the same time ignore and/ or change the meanings of the words it is composed of......
Sometimes I wonder if they do it on purposes. Seeing if they can goat christians into getting angry, I mean can they really believe that stuff?

Dec 12, 2013
O
Just be careful. I love calling them out. And alot of people think I am arrogant, proud and i was even called a bully for that..lol
Of course.....imagine the same people dealing with John the Baptist or Jesus......people are so easily offended this day and age......remember sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me?

Now people curl up in a fetal position sucking their thumbs crying when they hear a simple truth that hurts their feelings.............

Dec 12, 2013

Fully agree......have not finished my coffee yet hahhah firing on 7 cylinders....815 AM here Thursday Morning in sunny AU HAHHA

U

UnderGrace

I thought you and Stones were managing very well, and it was interesting

Take heart.... the same person comes after me the same way....tells me I do not know anything

I know longer bother....just move along come back to my favourite thread.

E

eternally-gratefull

I thought you and Stones were managing very well, and it was interesting

Take heart.... the same person comes after me the same way....tells me I do not know anything

I know longer bother....just move along come back to my favourite thread.
Lol, I just loved how she attacked me the whole converstion, Then judged me of doing the very things she was (and has done numerous times to numerous peopel) blaming me for doing.

I spoke to Stones, we are ok.. that other pserson though. She just makes me laugh!!!

U

UnderGrace

Lol, I just loved how she attacked me the whole converstion, Then judged me of doing the very things she was (and has done numerous times to numerous peopel) blaming me for doing.

I spoke to Stones, we are ok.. that other pserson though. She just makes me laugh!!!
EG you handled yourself very well, she thinks she is the moderator or something,
Well I am looking for the humor not there yet!

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
I know, But unless it was for someone else. It did not relate to anything undergrace said..
I wonder what the reactions would be if the post was addressed to @FollowHisSteps or to me? Would someone report this poster or most probably he will be applauded and praised...I WONDER and it just makes me wonder if these people are being HYPOCRITICAL or JUDGMENTAL or just need to look in the mirror to see who's in front of them.
It was stated to me, but beside that no reason to talk to anyone that way for any reason.
I disgrace??

I have reported this..... btw
Is what he said more offensive than calling your views as IDIOTIC" with all sorts of slander and mockery?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
… or by using out of context passages to beat up on the Church which is His body?? :unsure:

For us to focus on the minute arrangement of certain letters of a couple of words is to miss the broader point of the poster's cogent objective, and the effect is something like "missing the forest for the teres." ;)

Reminds me of Paul's words in Gal5:12--eeks, I mean, who would say such a thing!? right?

"If we LIVE in the Spirit [that is our standing/position and is permanent], let us also WALK in the Spirit [this is our state/condition and can indeed fluctuate, as believers]".

Does anyone believe that it is possible for one person to "provoke" another person to the degree that they become "disheartened"? [G120 - "the Sept. 1 Samuel 1:6f" (see also v.7)]

Both Eph6:4 and Col3:21 speak of "fathers" and how they ought not "provoke [that is, to anger/wrath]" their children... the same "provoke" word [used in Col3:21--G120-- https://biblehub.com/greek/120.htm ] is used in the following passage:

"6 Because the LORD had closed Hannah's womb, her rival would provoke her and taunt her viciously. 7 And this went on year after year. Whenever Hannah went up to the house of the LORD, her rival taunted her until she wept and would not eat."

On another note:

V.13 "have not a root"--"a root [G4491 - rhizan]" - "[G4491] tropically, οὐ ῤίζαν ἔχειν ἐν ἑαυτῷ, spoken of one who has but a superficial experience of divine truth, has not permitted it to make its way into the inmost recesses of his soul, Matthew 13:21; Mark 4:17; Luke 8:13" [source: Bible Hub]. I might word it slightly differently than this, but I generally agree with it.

They "have not a root" (this describes much of "Christendom"--those who "come in His name" but are not vitally connected with Him [that is, they are not "saved [or what we call 'saints' / 'His']," and what Jude calls "having not the Spirit" Jude 1:19]). Again, from Bible Hub: "Definition: a root; Usage: a root, shoot, source; that which comes from the root, a descendent."

[now, quoting from a Commentary on Hebrews 3...]

"As Christendom has largely fallen back from [the] faith into a resumption of these rudiments of the world, which the work and glory of Christ now condemn as weak and "beggarly elements" (Gal. 4). there is like danger of unbelief. It is in truth departure from a living God for forms which He used to do service before Christ came and died atoningly, when redemption from under the law was effected, and the believer passed from bond-service into the status of a son and heir of God, receiving the Spirit of adoption so as to cry Abba, Father. Anything short of this is not Christian relationship; and it is in evident contrast with Jewish subjection to ordinances, to which the Catholic bodies (not Romanist only) have turned back again. It is a deceptive form of unbelief, a going away from the living God to dead forms, because the heart lacks confidence in His grace in Christ.

"So it was with Israel; so it is with Christendom."

--William Kelly

[end quoting; underline and bracketed insert mine, parenthesis original]

[keeping in mind, as well, that Jesus' words in Lk8 were at a time when it was also the case that what is stated in Jn7:33-39, esp. v. 39, was still yet to come... that's something to consider as well ;) ]

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Let's not descend to the sand box waiting for the teacher to come with a bar of ivory soap for our mouths.
I think we are all reasonably educated adults here. We all have computers and know how to read! There are stern enough words in the Bible.

Dec 12, 2013
some just do not understand, " dead in our trespasses and sins, made alive in Christ".

maybe they need to out and find a dead animal, and set down and watch that animal for a couple of hours and see what the dead animal does to help itself.
Hahahah or a morgue....10 to 1 they will not raise themselves up.....and I will lay a grand on that bet....

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018

...If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. 1 Timothy 6:3-5

So what is your stance about lying to the Holy Spirit?
Did you agree to this post below by Budman or not?

Yes, they were saved. The Bible says all who were there were believers. As I've said many times, God does chastise His children, even to the point of taking them home, but they can never be lost.

At the moment of conversion, one is saved forever. Even if they walk away later. They couldn't go to hell if they tried. If salvation is truly a gift, and grace actually unmerited, this has to be so.

If it is OK for them to lie to the Holy Spirit, it's no big deal for them to accuse, slander, insult, mock, name call and "change the grace of God into a LICENSE FOR IMMORALITY".

...But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” THESE ARE THE MEN WHO DIVIDE YOU, who follow mere natural instincts and "DO NOT HAVE THE SPIRIT". But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
Jude 1:17-21

Notice the bolded above and what James is saying below...

...You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:22,26