Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
There are people who claim to be christians , and there are people who are really christians , saved by Gods Amazing grace...

God knows His , He knows His chosen ones , and He knows those who claim to be but are not...
If we could lose our salvation we would , but thank God He is the keeper of our precious souls...
I know I am carved on the palms of His hands , and no insecure believer or any dark matter can separate me from His love , for He chose me before the foundation of the world , all the glory to God Amen...xox...

If we could lose our salvation we would?? So you just said it is impossible to love God unless he allows us to continue in sin. Think about what your words actually mean. Jesus said, "if you love me keep my commandments"...and this is throughout scripture. Why cant you believe in what Jesus plainly says?

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Salvation is the free gift of mercy and shows just how much God loves us all. Obedience is the way to walk with, talk with, grow in maturity with God. Works (good) comes forth as we grow in the knowledge and love of our Lord.

E

eternally-gratefull

Adam and eve were never given eternal life. They were born perfect. And if they never sinned, they would have lived forever. But they were never promised eternal life. In fact, they had conditional life (on the day you eat of this tree you will die)

God gives us eternal life

Or did God give us conditional life?

I do not see conditional life as part of Gods promise

E

eternally-gratefull

If we could lose our salvation we would?? So you just said it is impossible to love God unless he allows us to continue in sin. Think about what your words actually mean. Jesus said, "if you love me keep my commandments"...and this is throughout scripture. Why cant you believe in what Jesus plainly says?
John said it is the FACT we KNOW we have eternal life. That keeps us believing in his name.

Not how good we are. If you do not KNOW you HAVE eternal life (eternal security or OSAS) you have no root for which to continue to believe in his name

Those are johns words. Why do you not trust him?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
thank you, that is encouraging, i forgive others no problem, its forgiving myself thats always been the challenge.
I watched a few videos on perfectionism, and did not realise how ocd some people get.
If one is very bright, it is very easy to create such standards, doing a little thing is like the
end of the world.

I like what Peter was told to do, not to call something unclean that God has called clean.
It takes trust and love to take this step. It is why self condemners often end up in self
punishment cycles, and cannot love themselves as God loves them, and appreciate the
things He says are great. Very often the things we can do easily we despise and the things
others do better we aspire to, yet they are not for us.

God bless you

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
If it was down to us to keep ourselves , we would lose our Salvation...But thanks be to God it is He who keeps us...
We are kept under the blood of Christ , not because of anything we do , it is by Gods Amazing grace that we are saved at all...

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
Jesus is our example..He proved that man, indwelt by the Holy spirit, need not sin. What a glorious salvation is this actual (not OSAS make believe) salvation. What a wonderful thing to realize that when bitterness, or impatience, or ___________________ wells up, a born again does not need to have an "oh well", or excuse, or whatever because that sin has no wage and God doesn't take THAT sin seriously, BUT rather is thankful to realize that He can and must go to Jesus in repentance and be forgiven of that sin.......and there is actual (not OSAS make believe peace and Joy) peace and joy in Jesus.
Adam and eve were never given eternal life. They were born perfect. And if they never sinned, they would have lived forever. But they were never promised eternal life. In fact, they had conditional life (on the day you eat of this tree you will die)

God gives us eternal life

Or did God give us conditional life?

I do not see conditional life as part of Gods promise
So God can not blot a name from the book of life? So God (who only hath immortality..). Adam and Eve were created perfect, with a free will. Lucifer and the fallen angels were cast out of eternal life so to speak when they sinned. Adam and eve were cast out of eternal life so to speak when they sinned. What is the opposite of eternal life? Eternal Death. What is death? death is non-life.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
John said it is the FACT we KNOW we have eternal life. That keeps us believing in his name.
Not how good we are. If you do not KNOW you HAVE eternal life (eternal security or OSAS) you have no root for which to continue to believe in his name
This is an interesting statement.
John is saying we have eternal life if we obey Jesus, and if we love Gods people.

18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born
of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.
19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control
of the evil one.
1 John 5:18-19

3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.
4 The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:
1 John 2:3-5

23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us
1 John 3:23-24

So those who are not obeying Jesus, loving and continuing in sin are liars if they claim to know God.
So they definitely do not have eternal life, so John does not prove anything of significance in
OSAS, rather the opposite.

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019

LOVE

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.
13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
Heb 3:12-13

11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.
12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double--edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Heb 4:11-12

The greatest danger we have is not listening to Jesus and the Holy Spirit when we fall into
sin and assume we have arrived and nothing can touch us.

Leprosy destroys the nerves in peoples arms and legs, so when they hurt themselves they
do not feel it and so damage get worse and they lose limbs.

When our consciences are seared and ignore, or guilt not addressed we become harder and
harder until we can no longer feel what is actually going on.

So any theology that cuts us off from love, purity and holiness destroys us in Christ.
It is clear some are so cut off, they boast in their sins as if it is a badge of honour, while those
who know the Lord, bow their heads in shame and pray for those who foolishly despise repentance.

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
John talking to the church
"If any man see his brother sin which is not unto death (?? but john my OSAS friends say that there is no such thing as a sin unto death), he shall ask, and he shall give him life (?? but john my OSAS friends say that sin doesn't cause a loss of life so how can you talk about "give him life", don't you know he already has that?) ….and the OSAS delusions go on and on

E

eternally-gratefull

So God can not blot a name from the book of life? So God (who only hath immortality..). Adam and Eve were created perfect, with a free will. Lucifer and the fallen angels were cast out of eternal life so to speak when they sinned. Adam and eve were cast out of eternal life so to speak when they sinned. What is the opposite of eternal life? Eternal Death. What is death? death is non-life.
This makes no sense

Satan, walked with god and say things we can only imagine, He was not offered salvation because he KNEW what he was doing

Adam and eve were also not given eternal life. They were told as long as you do not eat this tree, you will live, but if you eat, you will die. (Which they did)

After which they needed SAVED

Salvation they were offered God calls ETERNAL LIFE

Try to learn the difference

Everyone is written in the book of life (jesus died for everyone) the ones who die in the state f spiritual death are blotted out.

E

eternally-gratefull

John talking to the church
"If any man see his brother sin which is not unto death (?? but john my OSAS friends say that there is no such thing as a sin unto death), he shall ask, and he shall give him life (?? but john my OSAS friends say that sin doesn't cause a loss of life so how can you talk about "give him life", don't you know he already has that?) ….and the OSAS delusions go on and on
In context

If someone sees someone sin, and he does not die (PHYSICALLY)

Again, context would help

John said, I write these things to you so you may KNOW YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, and by this CONTINUE TO
BELIEVE IN HIS NAME

If John contradicted himself. He can not be trusted

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
If it was down to us to keep ourselves , we would lose our Salvation...But thanks be to God it is He who keeps us...
We are kept under the blood of Christ , not because of anything we do , it is by Gods Amazing grace that we are saved at all...
That's just it, if it were up to us to keep ourselves all would be lost...It is Jesus who keeps us...and he always keeps us pure, and if there is any sinning in our lives it is a red flag fluttering before our eyes that we have pulled away from Jesus keeping us! And we must again let Jesus have 100% of us. Never, ever get to the point where you despise the cross. This sinning doesn't count OSAS mentality is nothing but despising the cross. I know few OSAS folks consider that, but if they would begin to see the awfulness of sin and the indescribable cost of it -Jesus on the cross- they would stop the sin DOESNT REALLY MATTER, AT LEAST NOT REGARDING SALVATION line of Satan.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I like your second line...

NO living human is sinlessly pure, except Jesus. But if we have been regenerated, we are to purify ourselves even as He is pure. We are to perfect holiness in the fear of the Lord. We are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. We are to add to our faith, virtue and to virtue knowledge, and to knowledge self control...etc. we have crucified the flesh with it's affections and lusts, we are redeemed for the purpose that we be zealous of good works, we are created in Christ Jesus unto good works, we are to be neither barren nor unfruitful, abounding in the work of the Lord, and our labor is not in vain, we are fellowlaborers with Christ and servants of Him, we are bought with a price and called to glorify God in our bodies and our spirits, which are His, we are not redeemed with silver and gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, therefore we are to be holy as he is holy.

This is the purpose, desire, and will of God for us...

None of this is to earn salvation. All of this is TRUE BECAUSE we are saved.

...and none of us has fully attained or are already perfect, but this we must do forgetting the things that are behind and pressing forward to the things before us, we must press on to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of us.

Therefore we must do all things without murmering or complaining, for God works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

and we must keep ourselves from idols.
Hmmmm…. I may have determined the primary flaw in your dissertation:

You have used the term "we" 19 times in you post!

Wrong focus my friend, wrong focus.

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
In context

If someone sees someone sin, and he does not die (PHYSICALLY)

Again, context would help

John said, I write these things to you so you may KNOW YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, and by this CONTINUE TO
BELIEVE IN HIS NAME

If John contradicted himself. He can not be trusted
The sin unto death is the unpardonable sin...check that out in scripture

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
AMEN............PAID in FULL........end of story......after salvation SIN is directed at fellowship....not the loss of SALVATION...he is too dense to grasp that truth though

Before salvation OSAS says the wages of sin is death..sin is awful. After salvation they change the definition of sin..now it means not death but loss of fellowship. OSAS doesn't realize their sin is a declaration to God that they do not want fellowship with Jesus regarding that thought word and deed, and it is that choice to break fellowship that causes the loss of salvation.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
That's just it, if it were up to us to keep ourselves all would be lost...It is Jesus who keeps us...and he always keeps us pure, and if there is any sinning in our lives it is a red flag fluttering before our eyes that we have pulled away from Jesus keeping us! And we must again let Jesus have 100% of us. Never, ever get to the point where you despise the cross. This sinning doesn't count OSAS mentality is nothing but despising the cross. I know few OSAS folks consider that, but if they would begin to see the awfulness of sin and the indescribable cost of it -Jesus on the cross- they would stop the sin DOESNT REALLY MATTER, AT LEAST NOT REGARDING SALVATION line of Satan.
Not sure what you are saying to me...
Every single child of God sins , we all fall short of the glory of God , but I thank Him each morning and evening for His grace and mercy that He gives to us each day brand new...

Why does He give us His grace and mercy each day ? because we use our supply up each day , knowing or unknowing...
People who CLAIM to be christians , and think like you suggest that they can sin freely are not nor ever are children of God , a true child of God would never think that way...xox...