Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Again, DO a study on what death one can witness is

The unpardonable sin can not be committed UNTIL one dies. And it is called rejection fo Christ.

Jesus said ALL SIN will be forgiven ALL MEN

So your wrong on both counts
AMEN............UNBELIEF into the work of Christ is the only sin that places one into the unforgivable grouping..........

Dec 12, 2013
Did you answer anything with substance....no....just more blather from a salvation loser......!!

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
The only good thing I am getting from these people is a sharper sword , and God gives me the strength to swing it :geek:
John said it is the FACT we KNOW we have eternal life. That keeps us believing in his name.

Not how good we are. If you do not KNOW you HAVE eternal life (eternal security or OSAS) you have no root for which to continue to believe in his name

Those are johns words. Why do you not trust him?
Believing God IS obeying God. You cannot separate the two without violating the basic truths of scripture.

Dec 12, 2013
I have to be honest , the trial I am going through with my son , if I allowed my emotions as his mother get in the way of what God is revealing to me , I would not be doing as God said to do " Be still "
I have been down this same road with my son , and went through it letting my emotions as his mum get in the way instead of trusting God , our emotions are not reliable...

My love and care I have for my son are worldly , compared to Gods love and care , so I leave it in Gods hands and love my son and care for him as God is loving and caring for me , we are to follow our LORD , not our emotions...

Sorry for harping on about this , some days I am an emotional wreck lol...xox...
We always have your back Rose....keep swinging and your eye on Christ.......cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for YOU.....we do too :)

E

eternally-gratefull

God knows men's heart. The sin unto death is the unpardonable sin...its outward manifestation is blasphemy against the Holy spirit...denying Christ, etc.
Yes God knows what is on the hearts

But you CAN NOT SEE WHATS ON THE HEART
Paul said IF YOU SEE (not if God sees) commit a sin WHICH IS NOT UNTIL DEATH.

We are not talkng about God here, we are talkng about mankind witnessing someone commit a sin, and that sin leads to death

Let be give you some examples

Drink to much alcohol and die because you crashed your car

Have sexual relations and get an STD that leads to death

Be someplace you should not be and end up getitn gkilled.

There are so many many more examples

This is what Paul is talking about NOT the unpardonable sin.

Your wrong man, Your just flat wrong.

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
AMEN............UNBELIEF into the work of Christ is the only sin that places one into the unforgivable grouping..........
And the work of Christ is? Save his people FROM their sin...destroy the works of the devil. And OSAS just for some reason cannot believe that God has more power than Satan and can ACTUALLY do it.

Dec 12, 2013
Salvation is the free gift of mercy and shows just how much God loves us all. Obedience is the way to walk with, talk with, grow in maturity with God. Works (good) comes forth as we grow in the knowledge and love of our Lord.
AMEN....STAR gets it, unlike the sinless perfectionists, workers for, salvation losers and Cainologists.....

E

eternally-gratefull

Believing God IS obeying God. You cannot separate the two without violating the basic truths of scripture.
Who said they can, You seem to be the one who says this is possible not us

So instead of attacking people who do not preach what you say, Try sitting for one minute, lay your pride aside and listen to them

TRUE FAITH PRODUCES SALVATION

TRUE FAITH PRODUCES OBEDIENCE

THEY GO HAND IN HAND.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
the bible does lay forth eternal security...take the blinders off....
brethren.... have i called God a liar? have i preached a false gospel? Lord forgive me my sins.
people forgive me all against who i have broken.

Galatians 3:3 Are you so foolish? Although you began with the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by human effort?

1 John 5:9-12
Even if we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony that God has given about His Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God has this testimony within him; whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony God has given about His Son.
And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

i dont know what it all means , why all the warnings of apostasy if its not possible. but i feel really bad. i read that verse and it hit me like a ton of bricks in my soul. like a zion stone landing on my soul.

i ask anyone with the knowledge. why all the harsh language about works obedience apostasy but also clearly salvation isnt topped off by human effort according to st.paul.

Dec 12, 2013
Adam and eve were never given eternal life. They were born perfect. And if they never sinned, they would have lived forever. But they were never promised eternal life. In fact, they had conditional life (on the day you eat of this tree you will die)

God gives us eternal life

Or did God give us conditional life?

I do not see conditional life as part of Gods promise
AMEN>....another misapplied view by a salvation loser......

Dec 12, 2013
John talking to the church
"If any man see his brother sin which is not unto death (?? but john my OSAS friends say that there is no such thing as a sin unto death), he shall ask, and he shall give him life (?? but john my OSAS friends say that sin doesn't cause a loss of life so how can you talk about "give him life", don't you know he already has that?) ….and the OSAS delusions go on and on
Physical death GENIUS.....wow man.....you conflate more issues than Jerry Springer......

E

eternally-gratefull

And the work of Christ is? Save his people FROM their sin...destroy the works of the devil. And OSAS just for some reason cannot believe that God has more power than Satan and can ACTUALLY do it.
Here we go again

Your a liar dude, You keep sitting here preaching about how we should obey the 10 commands, yet you break one with almost every post you make

OSAS believes in the POWER OF GOD TO NOT ONLY SAVE BUT TO CHANGE LIVES and MAKE RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE out of SINNERS, and God can not only do it HE WILL (He who began a good work in you WILL COMPLETE THAT WORK, not might)

YOUR THE ONE who teaches we CAN BE SAVED, BUT NOT BE CHANGED. THUS LOSE SALVATION! Because what GOD BEGAN, HE NEVER COMPLETED.

Your the one who has no faith in the power of god. And you can not even se eit, because your too busy trying to attack a believe you do not even understand.

Dec 12, 2013
This makes no sense

Satan, walked with god and say things we can only imagine, He was not offered salvation because he KNEW what he was doing

Adam and eve were also not given eternal life. They were told as long as you do not eat this tree, you will live, but if you eat, you will die. (Which they did)

After which they needed SAVED

Salvation they were offered God calls ETERNAL LIFE
Try to learn the difference

Everyone is written in the book of life (jesus died for everyone) the ones who die in the state f spiritual death are blotted out.
Good luck with the last statement.........the Pharisees perished in pride.....they peddled the same blather he peddles with a modern twist....

Dec 12, 2013
Here we go again

Your a liar dude, You keep sitting here preaching about how we should obey the 10 commands, yet you break one with almost every post you make

OSAS believes in the POWER OF GOD TO NOT ONLY SAVE BUT TO CHANGE LIVES and MAKE RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE out of SINNERS, and God can not only do it HE WILL (He who began a good work in you WILL COMPLETE THAT WORK, not might)

YOUR THE ONE who teaches we CAN BE SAVED, BUT NOT BE CHANGED. THUS LOSE SALVATION! Because what GOD BEGAN, HE NEVER COMPLETED.

Your the one who has no faith in the power of god. And you can not even se eit, because your too busy trying to attack a believe you do not even understand.
I know...I am about tired of and sick of the lies he is peddling......about the make the iggy list because he cannot be honest....

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Its a good thing you did not think people like DC and myself were attacking you and hating on you..
Oh I must admit I did lol...
But I took my sorry tail and fell into the book , where I knew God would show me His truth...

Then after a while , I could stick my head in the forum and make little tiny post relating to the word , and then I came in more because I was so sure what God was showing me was His truth , and getting replies back without the statements that I had the cart before the horse gave me more confidence that I was on the right path...

Dcon scared me lol , I thought he did not like me one bit , now I see how passionate he is , just like you and many of my brothers and sisters in Christ in here...

I have learned so much from you all because you do not waver , and I love you all dearly , and brother Bill who was so tender with me , and nnm who is my baby brother , and I love them to , and so many lol...xox...

E

eternally-gratefull

Oh I must admit I did lol...
But I took my sorry tail and fell into the book , where I knew God would show me His truth...

Then after a while , I could stick my head in the forum and make little tiny post relating to the word , and then I came in more because I was so sure what God was showing me was His truth , and getting replies back without the statements that I had the cart before the horse gave me more confidence that I was on the right path...

Dcon scared me lol , I thought he did not like me one bit , now I see how passionate he is , just like you and many of my brothers and sisters in Christ in here...

I have learned so much from you all because you do not waver , and I love you all dearly , and brother Bill who was so tender with me , and nnm who is my baby brother , and I love them to , and so many lol...xox...
Lol.. Its good you stuck to the word. Did what we try to tell everyone, test what we say, See if the word is trust or not. Do not just listen to us.