Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
People always ask the cost. Is it worth doing what you are doing. My view has always been, if even one repents and comes to Christ, and starts to grow. It is worth it, I am quite sure you are not the only one, but you are the one we will always remember. Such a precious sister, will be so awesome spending eternity with you!!
Thank you so much brother EG...
These very kind remarks just make me stop and lift my eyes up to the one who gave it all for us...

Your post here just reminds me that , if it was not for God in all His grace and mercy , none of us could even speak about meeting each other in heaven , our final resting place , where we can all sing , dance and praise the name of our God most high...

On earth I was an orphan from a very young age , my mother was dead by the time I was three yrs of age , and then my dad died when I was 18 , never really knew him...

O But God , called me out from the darkness , into His Amazing light , and now I have a beautiful family in Christ , His word means so much when I am reminded , that the LORD our God cares for the orphans...

Thank you EG for your comment , it causes me to praise the LORD , and to remember who we are in Christ...

Love you...xox...

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
“Any day we wake up and we are not in Hell! That is a great day!!”

A friend of mine says he says this every morning, How true a statement because all of us deserve nothing more that to be in outer darkness as we speak.

I feal sorry for those who are not assured.. who have yet to find that “peace that surpasses all understanding” we can just pray they one day find it..
Do you know what EG?

You probably do if you read my many posts over a period a while back.

I got to the stage where I would lie in bed at night and ask God to kill me.
My gambling addiction and severe anxiety that I had suffered for 30 years plus took its toll.

I even tried to turn the wheel of my car at high speed on a motorway early in the morning (so not to have collateral damage) but the wheel never turned.

I prayed to God to kill me so I would know where I was going. Upstairs or downstairs.
I was asking this even though I had a wife and 4 kids.
After all they would be better off without me and I knew God would provide.
I just wanted to breathe my last breath and suffer the consequences.

I never slept, always woke up at 2am and could not get back to sleep.
Then go to work and run a company with 30 employees.

As God started to deal with me (he bought alongside me an amazing gentle loving man who walked with me) I started change.

Wow God actually loves me.

Then one morning I woke up after a good night's sleep (firstin many years) uninterrupted.
My first thought was "Ok I have woken up, that being the case then God still has a purpose for my life as he has not killed me, so I will go about his business"

I found that peace or should I say he gave me that peace.

So I implore everyone on here.
Do not write people off like I was.
You just may be the person who can help someone like me.
Someone who wanted to die, had no hope.
Listen to God before you act.

God is love, let's all aspire to that love and walk like Jesus.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Do you know what EG?

You probably do if you read my many posts over a period a while back.

I got to the stage where I would lie in bed at night and ask God to kill me.
My gambling addiction and severe anxiety that I had suffered for 30 years plus took its toll.

I even tried to turn the wheel of my car at high speed on a motorway early in the morning (so not to have collateral damage) but the wheel never turned.

I prayed to God to kill me so I would know where I was going. Upstairs or downstairs.
I was asking this even though I had a wife and 4 kids.
After all they would be better off without me and I knew God would provide.
I just wanted to breathe my last breath and suffer the consequences.

I never slept, always woke up at 2am and could not get back to sleep.
Then go to work and run a company with 30 employees.

As God started to deal with me (he bought alongside me an amazing gentle loving man who walked with me) I started change.

Wow God actually loves me.

Then one morning I woke up after a good night's sleep (firstin many years) uninterrupted.
My first thought was "Ok I have woken up, that being the case then God still has a purpose for my life as he has not killed me, so I will go about his business"

I found that peace or should I say he gave me that peace.

So I implore everyone on here.
Do not write people off like I was.
You just may be the person who can help someone like me.
Someone who wanted to die, had no hope.
Listen to God before you act.

God is love, let's all aspire to that love and walk like Jesus.
Hi Bill,

I will expand on your point, never write anyone off. Always think the best and
listen, be imaginative, talk to their strengths and bring hope.

Each day when we walk with the Spirit, and Jesus, it is a walk like the day before
and the next, the adventure never ends and nothing is predictable. Dwelling in Him,
secure and safe, is a place we can grow from, but we need to get their first, by forgiving,
by letting go, by opening up and letting ourselves feel sadness that will break us, screaming
that blinds us, and when these feeling pass, then we will have resolution. God bless you

E

eternally-gratefull

These very kind remarks just make me stop and lift my eyes up to the one who gave it all for us...

Your post here just reminds me that , if it was not for God in all His grace and mercy , none of us could even speak about meeting each other in heaven , our final resting place , where we can all sing , dance and praise the name of our God most high...

On earth I was an orphan from a very young age , my mother was dead by the time I was three yrs of age , and then my dad died when I was 18 , never really knew him...

O But God , called me out from the darkness , into His Amazing light , and now I have a beautiful family in Christ , His word means so much when I am reminded , that the LORD our God cares for the orphans...

Thank you EG for your comment , it causes me to praise the LORD , and to remember who we are in Christ...

Love you...xox...
Love you also sis!!

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Hi Bill,

I will expand on your point, never write anyone off. Always think the best and
listen, be imaginative, talk to their strengths and bring hope.

Each day when we walk with the Spirit, and Jesus, it is a walk like the day before
and the next, the adventure never ends and nothing is predictable. Dwelling in Him,
secure and safe, is a place we can grow from, but we need to get their first, by forgiving,
by letting go, by opening up and letting ourselves feel sadness that will break us, screaming
that blinds us, and when these feeling pass, then we will have resolution. God bless you
The thing is FHS many people many people like me do not think they have strengths.
They have no hope, all they see is weakness and darkness.
They want to be like Jesus, look for affirmation from him.
Just want to be loved where they are at.

If they knew that God loves them as much as he loves Jesus then if they get it and grasp it, that is the path to freedom.

Thing is most feel that God only loves if we do good, don't sin and do good works.
The focus is wrong.
Therefore they do not feel safe and secure.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Do you know what?

When I got that God loves me as much as he loves Jesus it blew my mind. It really did.

That one verse in John I read many times but always alluded me, I read it but could not see it.

Believe it or not but I have a ministry in church.
Coming alongside hurt and broken people, I'm the go to person for waifs and strays who come into our church.

What amazes me is that the broken people in church that I walk with do not believe that God loves them as much as he loves Jesus.
When I first meet them I ask them if they know this. They say no, it's not true. Even when I show them the verse they still don't get it (not all but available lot)

But every time I meet them I still impress it.

But the alcoholic or drug addict who wonders in and I walk with, when I tell them this it's like a light bulb that lights up.

They go from strength to strength and i have seen them grow and go discipleship those who they know who are the same.

Much more than those who are church based.

Why the difference people?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Night night everyone.

Remember that God loves you as much as he loves Jesus.
And he is not a liar.

John 17:23
23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
The thing is FHS many people many people like me do not think they have strengths.
They have no hope, all they see is weakness and darkness.
They want to be like Jesus, look for affirmation from him.
Just want to be loved where they are at.

If they knew that God loves them as much as he loves Jesus then if they get it and grasp it, that is the path to freedom.

Thing is most feel that God only loves if we do good, don't sin and do good works.
The focus is wrong.
Therefore they do not feel safe and secure.
Thanks for this. I have never thought people only see their weaknesses.
You ran a company so you knew you had strengths.

I suppose how I see Jesus's love for me as as a little child, His child. Ofcourse in Christ at the beginning
I know nothing and make massive mistakes, but it literally does not matter, because I am His.
It is the cross that says it all. When you get your head around what it cost, what it is like for me to
just be nice to someone who I do not like, and He died for me, wow. What power, what dedication, what
outstanding ability, to a degree I cannot measure. And just me seeing Him as He is bring pleasure to His
heart. Because for Him it makes it worth it, a sinner saved, a lost child plucked out of the despair and
emptiness of the world. God bless you

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

Love you...xox...
Hi Rosemaryx, I love to read your posts and yes it is God's love, grace and mercy that is the reason that we will meet each other one fine day in Heaven where there is "no more dying." And that is why I want to post this song written by: Gillian Welch which is Titled, "I am an Orphan Girl." in her song she professes her Savior is the reason all Christian's can say, "I am no longer and Orphan Girl." Attributes: https://www.songfacts.com/facts/gillian-welch/orphan-girl

blessings from the Father!

Dec 12, 2013
“Any day we wake up and we are not in Hell! That is a great day!!”

A friend of mine says he says this every morning, How true a statement because all of us deserve nothing more that to be in outer darkness as we speak.

I feal sorry for those who are not assured.. who have yet to find that “peace that surpasses all understanding” we can just pray they one day find it..
Amen.....the workers for, salvation losers and Cainologists all have the same type of hope one gets when they buy a lottery ticket....the hope the bible sets forth is a confident expectation of something GUARANTEED...100% assurance, eternal life, security in Christ!!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
3 I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling.
4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power,
5 so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power
1 Corinthians 2:2-5

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!
23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;
24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.
Philippians 1:21-24

57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain
1 Corinthians 15:57-58

Dec 12, 2013
You know.........a big picture of grace, mercy, Christ taking our place when we are guilty and being forgiven is found in the account of David when he committed adultery and murder........

a. Under the law David was guilty and condemned
b. Under the law David should have been put to death
c. David, when approached by Nathan and told the story said the man should die that had done this
d. David, as evidenced by the Psalms, was convicted of his sin to the core
e. David was told by Nathan, you are that man and GOD HAS PUT AWAY YOUR SIN <--PREEMPTIVELY
f. David was spared and the INNOCENT SON of DAVID took his place in DEATH and paid the price
g. David as a SON of GOD was CHASTENED for his sin, but NOT cast away or LOST his salvation which is spoken of in the present TENSE

HAVE mercy on me thou SON of DAVID <-----THE man yells to JESUS as he walks by..............

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
I

I don't see any fruit inspection in any of your quotes. Do you know what an inspector is? Do you know what the verb inspect means? Where did I inspect your fruit? What fruit of yours did I examine carefully and assess it's genuinity? Stating a scriptural principle is not inspecting fruit. You have no argument, so you have to change the meaning of words.

AND you are the one who judges by calling people hypocrites and spiritually dead. So even if I was fruit inspecting, Which I was not, you would be judging me for doing something you yourself do (Romans 2:1).

You should take the beam out of your own eye...

Yeah, I kinda figured you wouldn't have the integrity to apologize.

And as far as the fruit inspecting stuff - sure. I do relish calling out hypocrites who love to judge people for sinning when they themselves sin every single day. At least I admit I sin every day - by either thought, word, or deed. Which makes me even more dependent of Jesus. And I do love calling out people who insist that if one does not work, they will lose their salvation - when they themselves can't give any specifics as to how much work or how often it's required. Those who live for nothing less than to put the heavy yoke of the Law back on believers. Hypocrites, Judaizers, and Pharisees all.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
You know.........a big picture of grace, mercy, Christ taking our place when we are guilty and being forgiven is found in the account of David when he committed adultery and murder........

a. Under the law David was guilty and condemned
b. Under the law David should have been put to death
c. David, when approached by Nathan and told the story said the man should die that had done this
d. David, as evidenced by the Psalms, was convicted of his sin to the core
e. David was told by Nathan, you are that man and GOD HAS PUT AWAY YOUR SIN <--PREEMPTIVELY
f. David was spared and the INNOCENT SON of DAVID took his place in DEATH and paid the price
g. David as a SON of GOD was CHASTENED for his sin, but NOT cast away or LOST his salvation which is spoken of in the present TENSE

HAVE mercy on me thou SON of DAVID <-----THE man yells to JESUS as he walks by..............
A perfect example of God's mercy, compassion and forgiveness. Nope David was a man after God's own Heart.

Dec 27, 2018
Yeah, I kinda figured you wouldn't have the integrity to apologize.

And as far as the fruit inspecting stuff - sure. I do relish calling out hypocrites who love to judge people for sinning when they themselves sin every single day. At least I admit I sin every day - by either thought, word, or deed. Which makes me even more dependent of Jesus. And I do love calling out people who insist that if one does not work, they will lose their salvation - when they themselves can't give any specifics as to how much work or how often it's required. Those who live for nothing less than to put the heavy yoke of the Law back on believers. Hypocrites, Judaizers, and Pharisees all.
THANKS FOR BRINGING ME BACK, BUDMAN. I said I would stay away if no one mentioned me.

How about DC apologize to Argueless. Read my sig. DC lied about Argueless, just like you, GB9, Under Grace, and others lied about me.

Dec 27, 2018

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
THANKS FOR BRINGING ME BACK, BUDMAN. I said I would stay away if no one mentioned me.
Glad you're back. You're loads of fun! ;)

Yet again, I didn't lie. Your statement was general and also personal, because I specifically asked you if it applied to me, and you said it applied to everyone.

So, how about that apology? :giggle:

E

eternally-gratefull

Glad you're back. You're loads of fun! ;)

Yet again, I didn't lie. Your statement was general and also personal, because I specifically asked you if it applied to me, and you said it applied to everyone.

So, how about that apology? :giggle:
The hypocrisy of some poeple. They demand people appologise to them and have no problem trying to prove their faults. But when his are shown. Denial.

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
and others lied about me.
If it doesnt influence the salvation at all, hey, why not? You're only gonna lose some rewards :ROFL:

When its all said and done, the modern version of OSAS is predicted in the Bible and is unheard of in Church history, they could not even fathom such an idea.

A Christian named Irenaeus lived during the 2nd century A.D. (130-202). He wrote a book titled, “Against Heresies” in which he called attention to this particular fact. In this work (Book I Chapter 6) he said the following regarding Gnostic teaching:

But as to themselves, they hold that they shall be entirely and undoubtedly saved, not by means of conduct, but because they are spiritual by nature. For, just as it is impossible that material substance should partake of salvation (since, indeed, they maintain that it is incapable of receiving it), so again it is impossible that spiritual substance (by which they mean themselves) should ever come under the power of corruption, whatever the sort of actions in which they indulged. For even as gold, when submersed in filth, loses not on that account its beauty, but retains its own native qualities, the filth having no power to injure the gold, so they affirm that they cannot in any measure suffer hurt, or lose their spiritual substance, whatever the material actions in which they may be involved.

Wherefore also it comes to pass, that the “most perfect” among them addict themselves without fear to all those kinds of forbidden deeds of which the Scriptures assure us that “they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

And committing many other abominations and impieties, they run us down (who from the fear of God guard against sinning even in thought or word) as utterly contemptible and ignorant persons, while they highly exalt themselves, and claim to be perfect, and the elect seed. SOURCE

Compare this to what you hear from many of the pulpits today. Its like Peter predicted, Paul's writings wrested and twisted. Who would be the one bringing in false security and encouraging people to not repent by telling them they are okay if they believe in Jesus, positionally righteous while getting drunk regularly? Look at the fruits of easy believism that we have today, cant tell the difference between professing christians and the world.

Not in here for a debate, truth has already set me free. Once the Son sets you free you shall be free indeed. Just here to post my view, as many from the opposing side have also. -> I got no problem with any OSAS-believers, if they are in the faith, they are my brothers and sisters, no matter what theology they believe. <-