Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

That is because men of other nations are not our true enemy, Satan is our true enemy, who we must hate and not love.
This does not answer my question or my post.

Are you ever going to respond about the many powerful leaders of God who continued to sin, and in fact have many grace sins like murder and adultery and drunkenness?

Why are you afraid to discuss those people. Do they care you?

E

eternally-gratefull

We are commanded by the Torah to rebuke. And you people hate instruction and correction. What instruction do you hate? That we are obligated to give to the poor. This itself demonstrates how lost you people truly are without even realizing it.
Yes

And we are rebuking you

And this is another time you have refused to answer a question.

Your pride is deep my friend, and your sin is being exposed almost every time you post now.

I pray you see it, but if not At least others do.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I do not desire anyone to be condemned, because I desire everyone to repent from their evil works and begin to do good works.
There are many millions of people over the ages who do good works but do not believe in Jesus.

Do they need to repent?

If not why not?

What does a person have to repent off?

Jun 4, 2019
There are many millions of people over the ages who do good works but do not believe in Jesus.

Do they need to repent?

If not why not?

Good works are useless if you do not believe in Yeshuah. You must have the belief, as well as the good works.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I do not desire anyone to be condemned, because I desire everyone to repent from their evil works and begin to do good works. But I understand that most people will continue to refuse to cease doing evil works and refuse to do good works. So in that regard, I desire the wrath of God to be demonstrated against these, because this is just and well deserved, to those who continually reject the truth and continue doing evil and refusing to do good.

Also, you are the first to ask an excellent question, "you say we have been given the Torah, does this include the Levitical Laws?" And the answer is no, because the priesthood of the Messiah replaced the priesthood of the Levites, which implies all Levitical commands of the Torah have also been changed. This is why we are not required to bring sacrifices and offerings to a temple, not just because a temple does not exist, but because of the change of the Torah that came as a result of a change in the priesthood. Read my bible study regarding this http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/02/14/the-torah-has-not-been-abolished/ .
As far as predestination goes, God does indeed predestine. I discuss this here, http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/03/05/the-predestination-of-god/ . I don't recall what questions you had specifically, but feel free to ask me whatever you'd like now.

The ONLY works that GOD classifies as GOOD, are those that are PURELY done out of as sincere LOVE for HIM.

To do them out of a sense of DUTY, or an OBLIGATION to the TORAH, or to add to your supposed SALVATION,

is nothing more than FILTHY RAGS.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15 If you love Me, you will keep My commands.

Isaiah 64:6 (NKJV)
6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

1 Corinthians 13:2-5 (HCSB)
2 If I have ⌊the gift of⌋ prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I donate all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body in order to boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not conceited,
5 does not act improperly, is not selfish, is not provoked, and does not keep a record of wrongs.

Romans 5:5-10 (HCSB)
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit
who was given to us.
6 For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die.
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.
10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, ⌊then how⌋ much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!

2 Timothy 1:9 (CSBBible)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

SO where is your GOD GIVEN LOVE, I do not see it in your post ? ? ?

It is not we obey Him that HE searches the heart for, it is WHY WE OBEY HIM ? ? ?

If it is NOT because of sincere LOVE FOR HIM, it is nothing but Filthy Rags.

U

UnderGrace

Something is SERIOUSLY WRONG, if you are not seeing any improvement. Are you even Born Again ? ? ?
And this is why the false teaching of "sinning less and less" as proof of salvation is a problem.

U

UnderGrace

I do not desire anyone to be condemned, because I desire everyone to repent from their evil works and begin to do good works. But I understand that most people will continue to refuse to cease doing evil works and refuse to do good works. So in that regard, I desire the wrath of God to be demonstrated against these, because this is just and well deserved, to those who continually reject the truth and continue doing evil and refusing to do good.

Also, you are the first to ask an excellent question, "you say we have been given the Torah, does this include the Levitical Laws?" And the answer is no, because the priesthood of the Messiah replaced the priesthood of the Levites, which implies all Levitical commands of the Torah have also been changed. This is why we are not required to bring sacrifices and offerings to a temple, not just because a temple does not exist, but because of the change of the Torah that came as a result of a change in the priesthood. Read my bible study regarding this http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/02/14/the-torah-has-not-been-abolished/ .

As far as predestination goes, God does indeed predestine. I discuss this here, http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/03/05/the-predestination-of-god/ . I don't recall what questions you had specifically, but feel free to ask me whatever you'd like now.

You sir are in a cult......I have read the web site from top to bottom and most of it is error.:(

Yeshuah is the first son created by the Father, who came into existence in the beginning, hence why he is called the “firstborn of creation”. He issued commands in the beginning, which began with “let there be light” on day one, hence why because of these commands it is also declared, “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God”. This light that came into existence radiated forth from himself, since the sun nor the moon nor the stars existed till the fourth day, which became “the glory I had with you before the world began” and “Yehovah wraps himself in light as with a garment”, where he literally became the “the light of the world”. All life was created through him, which is also why he is called “only son”, because unlike all other sons of God that were created through Yeshuah, which were angels and man, only Yeshuah was created directly by the Father. John 3:16, Colossians 1:15, Psalm 2:7, Genesis 6:2, Galatians 3:26, Proverbs 8:22-25, 1 Corinthians 1:30, 1 Corinthians 1:24, John 1:1-2, John 17:5.

U

UnderGrace

Yes

And we are rebuking you

And this is another time you have refused to answer a question.

Your pride is deep my friend, and your sin is being exposed almost every time you post now.

I pray you see it, but if not At least others do.
Pride or....more like programming

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Good works are useless if you do not believe in Yeshuah. You must have the belief, as well as the good works.
Again you answer is severely lacking. You fail to include MOTIVE, and without it is still just FILTHY RAGS.

According to you these DEMONS could be considered Christians.

Mark 5:6-8 (ASV)
6 And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshipped him;
7 and crying out with a loud voice, he saith, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the Most High God? I adjure thee by God, torment me not.
8 For he said unto him, Come forth, thou unclean spirit, out of the man.

Here it is in another version:

Mark 5:6-9 (NIV)
6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him.
7 He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!"
8 For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!"
9 Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" "My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many."

A Roman Legion was 6000 men, so there had to be a minimum of 2000 Demons.

The spokes person for that group of 2000 - 6000 Demons was Legion, and HE cast them into the herd of 2000 pigs.

So assuming the position of worship and works, is NOT TRUE WORSHIP.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE THAT GOD GIVEN LOVE IN YOU HEART, FLOWING OUT OF YOU TOWARDS GOD, AND THE BRETHREN, FOR IT TO COUNT.

TRUE OBEDIENCE IS PART OF GOD'S LOVE IN YOU, AND NOT PART OF SALVATION.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

Do they need to repent?

If not why not?

Everyone in this world does a few good works and a few sinful works. Rom. 3:12 "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." We all need Jesus Christ.

Everyone needs to repent of the sinful works and strive to sin no more. Those that know not Christ need to believe and accept Him. :)

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
If we read something in the Bible that we don't understand or doesn't make sense, do we just pretend that it make sense and misapply it

How's our Bible reading?

Have you asked HIM for Understanding?

James 1:25 (CSBBible)
25 But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer who works??—??this person will be blessed in what he does.

Psalm 19:7-11 (ESV)
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;
8 the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9 the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
11 Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

Jun 4, 2019
Windsor Ontario
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Well there should be evidence that you are saved, ie repentance, baptism, stop sinning, teaching and preaching to others

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I hate being controlled, it is humiliating with sense of danger as in "submit" during the time that someone angrily declare that I should submit

I might be exaggerating, but I do "feel like a prey" at that situation

I hate being a prey, I want to be powerful like a predator

but this animal like thinking reveal that "prey" is wounding, while "predator" is the desire to overcompensate for our insecurities

and we know that the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
If being condemned as "wrong" whether falsely accused

Depresses us,

Is there a way to view this underlying sadness in a positive light?

U

UnderGrace

Well there should be evidence that you are saved, ie repentance, baptism, stop sinning, teaching and preaching to others
I have met many false teachers who did all of the above ^^^^^ quite well......sad though they did not know the simple gospel