Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019
NIV1984 John 5:17-20
Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.” For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

NIV1984 John 14:12
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

NIV1984 1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.

NIV1984 2 Corinthians 6:1
As God’s fellow workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are working as one to save those who would believe through the church which is the BODY OF CHRIST. If all would stop working after JUSTIFICATION, then who will be saved? Who will reach out to the lost? If JUSTIFICATION through faith alone is all we need to be saved then all who would claim to have faith are saved since Jesus died once and FOR ALL

NIV1984 John 4:34-38
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

NIV1984 Galatians 6:7-10
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature WILL REAP DESTRUCTION; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit WILL REAP ETERNAL LIFE. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

We were not JUSTIFIED just to CLAIM salvation but to work OUT that salvation as parts of the body of Christ doing His works here on earth through the power and leading of the Holy Spirit for the benefit of others.

NIV1984 1 Peter 1:10-12
Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.
Not really....we know JESUS by faith and he tells us to come boldly before the throne of GOD to receive GRACE pal.......the only one in for a big surprise are those that think they know him and believe in their mind that their works play a part in obtaining, keeping, sustaining or embellishing salvation in any way shape or form.......
LAST time I checked....the people that peddle the blather you spread on like Veggie Mite make the '"plenteous in number group" that boasts of KNOWING the LORD and their main emphasis is works in the name of JESUS as proof.....much like yourself good luck pal......see how that works out for you
Quote this one to yourself about 50 times and then get through your cultish head that they are the result of and OT required to gain or keep salvation.....and anything beyond true saving faith is REWARDED accordingly...

But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,
"No deceiver would ever teach obedience to God and no true Christian would ever teach DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD."

NIV1984 1 John 2:3-6
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Dec 27, 2018
Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.” For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are working as one to save those who would believe through the church which is the BODY OF CHRIST. If all would stop working after JUSTIFICATION, then who will be saved? Who will reach out to the lost? If JUSTIFICATION through faith alone is all we need to be saved then all who would claim to have faith are saved since Jesus died once and FOR ALL

“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature WILL REAP DESTRUCTION; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit WILL REAP ETERNAL LIFE. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

We were not JUSTIFIED just to CLAIM salvation but to work OUT that salvation as parts of the body of Christ doing His works here on earth through the power and leading of the Holy Spirit for the benefit of others.

Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

"No deceiver would ever teach obedience to God and no true Christian would ever teach DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD."

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
I agree that one who knows God will keep His commandments.

a. They keep His commandments because they know God, (I am using the biblical sense of KNOW here.

b. and they know God because they have been born of God.

The first thing is the New Birth, which leads to changed heart and obedience. :)

Dec 12, 2013

Seohce, Arguless and now under another banner.....the catholic drivel, deceit and false allegations you peddle got you banned twice before....nothing you say has value as long as you peddle obedience while being disobedient.....!!!

Dec 12, 2013
You sir are in a cult......I have read the web site from top to bottom and most of it is error.:(

Yeshuah is the first son created by the Father, who came into existence in the beginning, hence why he is called the “firstborn of creation”. He issued commands in the beginning, which began with “let there be light” on day one, hence why because of these commands it is also declared, “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God”. This light that came into existence radiated forth from himself, since the sun nor the moon nor the stars existed till the fourth day, which became “the glory I had with you before the world began” and “Yehovah wraps himself in light as with a garment”, where he literally became the “the light of the world”. All life was created through him, which is also why he is called “only son”, because unlike all other sons of God that were created through Yeshuah, which were angels and man, only Yeshuah was created directly by the Father. John 3:16, Colossians 1:15, Psalm 2:7, Genesis 6:2, Galatians 3:26, Proverbs 8:22-25, 1 Corinthians 1:30, 1 Corinthians 1:24, John 1:1-2, John 17:5.
Jehovah's witnesses peddle that garbage......that JESUS was created.....a lie straight from hell.....

Dec 12, 2013
  • possibly they do not think you are correct in what you call sexual sin?
  • i don't know anyone who thinks repentance is a one-time thing. at least, if they do, i'm not aware of it.
  • AFAIK the Bible does not talk about baptism as anything other than a one-time thing.
  • i'm not whining. if you ever hear me whining i am being sarcastic, having a joke about the irony of whining in my classic dry-wit style. what i complain about most of all is the lack of things to complain about.
    • i'm analytical & often pointedly direct about things i don't find myself agreeing with. that may come across as a complaint or whine sometimes but my intention in criticizing & asking sharp, probing questions is to prod a person to defend their case. theorems are proven at the extremes, not in the cozy middle - and if a concept is not defensible, shining light on where it fails ((or conversely, finding the explanation of why it doesn't fail at the extremes)) is eminently worthwhile in the pursuit of truth. IMO.
Not to mention that PAUL said <---- the marriage bed is undefiled<-------just saying

Dec 12, 2013
He has taken a hike, him and his foul mouth.....ain't nobody got time for that nonsense!!
I know I call down heat upon myself sometimes by my demeanor....she however does not deserve that type of vitriol......and yes even though we disagree on a few things I would defend you as well if someone was being stupid like that.......

U

UnderGrace

I know I call down heat upon myself sometimes by my demeanor....she however does not deserve that type of vitriol......and yes even though we disagree on a few things I would defend you as well if someone was being stupid like that.......
It was so out there I could barely take it seriously.....mostly someone creating and looking for "drama" :eek:

Dec 12, 2013
John MacArthur has helped me tremendously in my walk with Christ...May God bless him and use him for many more years...
I love the way he teaches verse by verse...xox...
Same way I teach and in context with every word studied to the proverbial "tenth" degree

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Proverbs 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
also 'answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes'

enigmatic!!

it puzzled me for a long time, but i think i understand:
do not answer a fool in the same foolish way he speaks to you -- repay good for evil, not evil for evil or evil will never leave your house.
fight fire with water, not more fire.
answer a fool with wisdom, because if you let him go on speaking foolishly he will think he's 'stumped you' and believe himself wise.

so -- not according to his folly, but according his folly. not in like manner, but appropriately

what do y'all think? am i just as foolish? or was the dust brushed away, and did light dawn on these old bones? :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
No I am no longer a sinner
I am quite convinced Satan actually belives that he is not a sinner either.
Likely the same goes for the other fallen angels.

But to the point and despite that conjecture, any son or daughter of Adam supposing or presuming that he or she does not sin and is not a sinner is heresy of the first order.

Confessing such a thing openly would be grounds for excommunication.

U

UnderGrace

also 'answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes'

enigmatic!!

it puzzled me for a long time, but i think i understand:
do not answer a fool in the same foolish way he speaks to you -- repay good for evil, not evil for evil or evil will never leave your house.
fight fire with water, not more fire.
answer a fool with wisdom, because if you let him go on speaking foolishly he will think he's 'stumped you' and believe himself wise.

so -- not according to his folly, but according his folly. not in like manner, but appropriately

what do y'all think? am i just as foolish? or was the dust brushed away, and did light dawn on these old bones? :)

Well having worked alongside a fool far too long once...this makes absolute sense to me and wish I had know this back then, could have saved myself some grief.