Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

Yeah I like to cut and split my wood for winter in the summer.....I can drop like 5 to 10 kilos in three weeks and be done long before winter arives.....
You are a very organized person then .... always good to be ahead of the game, and I was joking. having fun in my last post btw.. I am a rather competitive person, but I will admit I have never split wood and I am sure if I tried I would not live to tell about it. :D

Dec 12, 2013
You are a very organized person then .... always good to be ahead of the game, and I was joking. having fun in my last post btw.. I am a rather competitive person, but I will admit I have never split wood and I am sure if I tried I would not live to tell about it. :D
Oh yeah.....I usually try to have enough for 1 to 2 winters ahead...and I keep enough supplies on hand for 50 people for 5 years hahahah cough cough

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Oh yeah.....I usually try to have enough for 1 to 2 winters ahead...and I keep enough supplies on hand for 50 people for 5 years hahahah cough cough
I must have enough batteries and flashlights on hand for the entire condo lol. Seriously.

U

UnderGrace

Hahahahah hilarious......wood heat is so much better....I freeze in gas heat which only lasts as long as it is on and blowing.....I can keep my whole house 24 to 27 c day and night and it costs me about $1 a day hahahah
That is defintely very cost efficient.... I have a fireplace.... not sure I can heat my house with it.

Now here is something funny for you, on occasion I have thought to change to a gas fireplace, so easy just flick the switch, pretty flames..... but then I think no I better leave it as wood burning fireplace for the end times!!!

Dec 12, 2013
That is defintely very cost efficient.... I have a fireplace.... not sure I can heat my house with it.

Now here is something funny for you, on occasion I have thought to change to a gas fireplace, so easy just flick the switch, pretty flames..... but then I think no I better leave it as wood burning fireplace for the end times!!!
Exactly or PUT IN A WOOD BURNING INSERT.....fireplaces pull the heat from the house and only warm the immediate vicinity while burning and go thru a lot of wood....an insert acts more like a wood stove, does not pull the heat out and maintains a better heat source....destiny favors the prepared

U

UnderGrace

Exactly or PUT IN A WOOD BURNING INSERT.....fireplaces pull the heat from the house and only warm the immediate vicinity while burning and go thru a lot of wood....an insert acts more like a wood stove, does not pull the heat out and maintains a better heat source....destiny favors the prepared
Yes it is true it does pull the heat... good to know, I do agree on being prepared.

Dec 12, 2013
Am sitting in Westfield Plaza in Penrith AU having a mocha coffee with 4 sugars and a piece of carrot cake. ...Just wondering if the religionists and workers for have done enough today to gain or keep salvation.....the answer....Nope....not today, tomorrow or ever....faith is what saves eternally....works do not top off, finish, complete or top off salvation like a spritual gas pump topping it off at the full mark.....

Trust Jesus by faith before it is too late!

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Am sitting in Westfield Plaza in Penrith AU having a mocha coffee with 4 sugars and a piece of carrot cake. ...Just wondering if the religionists and workers for have done enough today to gain or keep salvation.....the answer....Nope....not today, tomorrow or ever....faith is what saves eternally....works do not top off, finish, complete or top off salvation like a spritual gas pump topping it off at the full mark.....

Trust Jesus by faith before it is too late!

Me and my wife like our coffee out of an old type peculator on on the stove. We somtimes take the guts and put the coffee pot together and when we put the coffee in we add coco powder and cook it then sugar and cream as normal.

Dec 12, 2013
Me and my wife like our coffee out of an old type peculator on on the stove. We somtimes take the guts and put the coffee pot together and when we put the coffee in we add coco powder and cook it then sugar and cream as normal.
Sounds good.....I make it numerous ways....percolated, cowboy coffee<--grounds in boiling water, instant, kettle etc.....hahhah we now have it in tea bags in the U.S......

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Sounds good.....I make it numerous ways....percolated, cowboy coffee<--grounds in boiling water, instant, kettle etc.....hahhah we now have it in tea bags in the U.S......

Yea, I cant drink it with coco in the morning but in the afternoon I like it a lot.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Good morning. I know It's early but I woke up thinking about a post for the NBW thread. People tend to doubt the salvation of others but When they read; "Work your own salvation in fear and in trembling." dwell on "fear and trembling" rather than "your own" as if being terrified is more important than keeping ourselves together. Is not faith equal to or superior than works?

How do works based salvation believers define good works? Isn't sharing the truth of the Gospel in words and deeds like compassion and kindness good works in and of themselves?

John 3:17 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. (NIV)

When we are resurrected will we not be free of the corruption of our current fleshly bodies? Enquiring minds want to know!

U

UnderGrace

Perked coffee is the best by far....but you have to get the timing just right!

Dec 12, 2013
Good morning. I know It's early but I woke up thinking about a post for the NBW thread. People tend to doubt the salvation of others but When they read; "Work your own salvation in fear and in trembling." dwell on "fear and trembling" rather than "your own" as if being terrified is more important than keeping ourselves together. Is not faith equal to or superior than works?

How do works based salvation believers define good works? Isn't sharing the truth of the Gospel in words and deeds like compassion and kindness good works in and of themselves?

John 3:17 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. (NIV)

When we are resurrected will we not be free of the corruption of our current fleshly bodies? Enquiring minds want to know!
We are told to judge all things by the word of God....it is not so much about judging one's salvation as it is about judging the "gospels" peddled by religion.....there is only 1 that has power to save a man...ALL the rest are fraudulent with not power to save......we need to get ovet the fact that just because a group or church or person claims to be saved and is of God, does not necessarily mean they are.....as a matter of fact...EVERY GROUP, RELIGION OR PERSON that corrupts the one true gospel has proven by word that they are not of God and in fact are enemies of the Cross...

This is a hard truth for many to bear, but true NONETHELESS

Dec 12, 2013
Paul said works or grace not BOTH...

This very phrase proves both of the following to be false

a. Works based salvation
b. A blend of works and faith for salvation

IT PLEASED GOD BY THE FOOLISHNESS OF PREACHING TO SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE!

Works need not apply.....you will never make the cut if you believe and or peddle a works or works and faith blend for salvation.....either to gain, maintain, keep or top off will lead to the pit!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Paul said works or grace not BOTH...

This very phrase proves both of the following to be false

a. Works based salvation
b. A blend of works and faith for salvation

IT PLEASED GOD BY THE FOOLISHNESS OF PREACHING TO SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE!

Works need not apply.....you will never make the cut if you believe and or peddle a works or works and faith blend for salvation.....either to gain, maintain, keep or top off will lead to the pit!
My point was to refrain from pedaling fear to unbelievers. If they don't believe in God it's illogical to think that they will or do believe in hell. I didn't. But it is necessary to look within ourselves so we can share the Love of God. I know that's all I was looking for when I came to believe 42 years ago. Now I believe in hell because I believe the Bible.

U

UnderGrace

My point was to refrain from pedaling fear to unbelievers. If they don't believe in God it's illogical to think that they will or do believe in hell. I didn't. But it is necessary to look within ourselves so we can share the Love of God. I know that's all I was looking for when I came to believe 42 years ago. Now I believe in hell because I believe the Bible.
Not everyone is the same and "Godly fear is the beginning of wisdom"

Many nominal Christians believe in hell, they just think they are good enough not to go there.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Not everyone is the same and "Godly fear is the beginning of wisdom"

Many nominal Christians believe in hell, they just think they are good enough not to go there.
I was referring only to Atheists and Agnostics. In order to help lead them to the Lord.