Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Hi D...
I am starting to see it for myself now , I must be growing in our LORD...
I was reading today how some are given the gift of discerning , I do not think I have that gift , but I do know @UnderGrace does , she spotted Nats words very early on...

I am so thankful to God for throwing me in the deep end here , into what was at the time a battlefield in this thread , it spun me round and upside down , but I got through :giggle:...

Love to you all...xox...
Amen Rose and your growth, maturity and understanding has grown exponentially......

DJ3

Jun 22, 2019
So you teach works.

I guess grace is out of the question?

If it is of grace it is no longer of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace..

Works are not required. They are a natural byproduct.. Why is this so hard for people to fathom?
So you teach works. Such as?

I guess grace is out of the question? By no means.

If it is of grace it is no longer of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace..------ Grace is the gift of God but like all gifts it must be accepted by which means it was offered. Surely you cannot disagree with this?

Works are not required. They are a natural byproduct.. Why is this so hard for people to fathom? Did you truly read my comment?

U

UnderGrace

If it is of grace it is no longer of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace..------ Grace is the gift of God but like all gifts it must be accepted by which means it was offered. Surely you cannot disagree with this?

Works are not required. They are a natural byproduct.. Why is this so hard for people to fathom? Did you truly read my comment?
The gift is salvation.

It is because of the grace/love of God that there is even a gift to be given to us.

May 25, 2015
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
It is so hard to understand, isn't it?

After ending a relationship back in December, I finally sat down and looked at my life. I looked at the past five years and just cried out to Jesus, asking where the joy I once had gone to. Why I went away for a bit, confused by life, relationships, and just kind of stuck in a pit.

I cried, I cried, and I cried some more.

Until I couldn't offer Jesus anything.

I came to Him with empty hands and asked HIm to fill it up.

And, He did.

He filled up my hands and He showed me His forgiveness. For the first time, I understood His forgiveness of my sins were not earned. Sure, I was told about it. Gosh, I even went to BIBLE college for ministry and I still didn't understand the concept of forgiveness personally. Until this past December. I messed up and messed up on some convictions I once did and when I was crying out to Jesus, He wrapped me up in His arms and tells me, "You do not deserve my forgiveness, but you have it anyways. Your past is forgiven and you are new," and I never looked back.

Forgiveness is not earned. But, you have it.

This is what love is.

Dec 12, 2013

After ending a relationship back in December, I finally sat down and looked at my life. I looked at the past five years and just cried out to Jesus, asking where the joy I once had gone to. Why I went away for a bit, confused by life, relationships, and just kind of stuck in a pit.

And, He did.

He filled up my hands and He showed me His forgiveness. For the first time, I understood His forgiveness of my sins were not earned. Sure, I was told about it. Gosh, I even went to BIBLE college for ministry and I still didn't understand the concept of forgiveness personally. Until this past December. I messed up and messed up on some convictions I once did and when I was crying out to Jesus, He wrapped me up in His arms and tells me, "You do not deserve my forgiveness, but you have it anyways. Your past is forgiven and you are new," and I never looked back.

This is what love is.
Amen.....it is all Jesus or it is fraudulent......God takes pleasure in simple faith......!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

And, He did.

This is what love is.
Until we are empty, and we see our true need and state, we compete with Jesus and defend ourselves
from letting Him in. When we see how glorious His love is, and how weak we are, we begin to see the
true gift He is and how to serve and follow Him is all we can do to offer Him praise for who He is and
what He has done for us. Praise the Lord, we are His people called by His name, Halleluyah, what
a King.

May 25, 2015
Until we are empty, and we see our true need and state, we compete with Jesus and defend ourselves
from letting Him in. When we see how glorious His love is, and how weak we are, we begin to see the
true gift He is and how to serve and follow Him is all we can do to offer Him praise for who He is and
what He has done for us. Praise the Lord, we are His people called by His name, Halleluyah, what
a King.
Yes, and I think it can be scary to be completely and utterly vulnerable in front of God. But, I work on emptying myself so I can decrease and He can increase. Living my life in full surrender.

E

eternally-gratefull

It’s the work of god we have faith (John 6)

Yes I read

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

And, He did.

This is what love is.

Thanks you for SHARING your Testimony.

You Said: I cried, I cried, and I cried some more.

That is part of my Testimony too. That DEEP, DEEP REMORSE over my utter SINFULNESS. I cried for almost 4 hours. I still have a hard time believing the genuineness of a testimony without that DEEP, DEEP REMORSE. It is like they didn't surrender fully to HIM.

Dec 12, 2013
You know....the bible states that we are to be diligent to cut straight the word of God, not handle it deceitfully and EVERY WORD IS INSPIRED BY GOD.....I get accused of nit picking a word that was given in another thread with a twist not supported by the word that was INSPIRED......this is one of the reasons that there are MANY heresies and false teachings being peddled by humanity....we cannot be flippantly loose with the word of God.....we are commanded to cut it straight in order to be approved of God.....when one changes the definition of words, embellishes the word or substitutes the word with words not inspired, they are in essence doing the same thing the snake did in the garden!!!!

Cut it straight or be in error!!!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
and also we are not to lean on our own understanding, in all our ways acknowledge Him, and He will make our path straight. I take this to mean we are to take ALL things before the Lord for His freely given understanding.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You know....the bible states that we are to be diligent to cut straight the word of God, not handle it deceitfully and EVERY WORD IS INSPIRED BY GOD.....I get accused of nit picking a word that was given in another thread with a twist not supported by the word that was INSPIRED......this is one of the reasons that there are MANY heresies and false teachings being peddled by humanity....we cannot be flippantly loose with the word of God.....we are commanded to cut it straight in order to be approved of God.....when one changes the definition of words, embellishes the word or substitutes the word with words not inspired, they are in essence doing the same thing the snake did in the garden!!!!

Cut it straight or be in error!!!!
The pure in heart will see God.

Our hearts are our filter, the seat upon which we see Gods truth and how to discern what is His will.

7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
1 Thess 4

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
Eph 5

Now do the words here bring life and joy, or sadness and condemnation?
If it is not joy, then there are issues that need resolving before you will truly see God.

Nothing in our hearts is neutral and everything effects everything we know and do.
But praise God, His elect know His ways and walk in them. So I encourage you all walk
on and praise the Lord.

Halleluyah.

E

eternally-gratefull

Last day of vaca! Gonna spend it on the water!!