Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Psst dear sinner, get clean in Christ, repent and walk in his ways as a holy Saint......
I am clean in Christ because I am saved by grace through faith. You on the other hand obviously need to work for your salvation, so by all means, get to work.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Hey immortal, I thought you had a perfect spirit. So saying we are not perfect for you is not true or are you denying your own beliefs by agreeing we are cleansed saints being transformed into His likeness
I’m sensing hostility. So sad.

Dec 12, 2013
I am clean in Christ because I am saved by grace through faith. You on the other hand obviously need to work for your salvation, so by all means, get to work.
Had to see who you were talking to......OLE PETEY.........I cannot take one serious when they have been banned and back 2 or 3 times for sure.......and then throw in the constant Psycho Babel and a contextually dishonest peddler of false religion like a street organ player in Bombay with a dancing monkey for coin...........only one option.......POOF to ignore-ville.........once in a while I will engage him when he states something really off the rails....but generally speaking he does that quite a bit so..................

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Had to see who you were talking to......OLE PETEY.........I cannot take one serious when they have been banned and back 2 or 3 times for sure.......and then throw in the constant Psycho Babel and a contextually dishonest peddler of false religion like a street organ player in Bombay with a dancing monkey for coin...........only one option.......POOF to ignore-ville.........once in a while I will engage him when he states something really off the rails....but generally speaking he does that quite a bit so..................
Thanks for the advice brother. I forgot about the ignore option. I know that day is coming soon but for now I still find him amusing, the cheeky little fellow that he is. It’s interesting putting God’s words into action such as this. Sadly there are times when we have to indeed shake the dust off our feet, and so it is with this one.

Aug 10, 2019
Welp, you claim to have never sinned since being born again.

Are you aware that Jesus is God?
Many of those who think themselves as perfectly sinless wont say more than "Jesus is the son of God"

you understand that Jesus is God in the flesh right?
I do not claim anything about me other than what I have already told you that which I believe.

Jesus the Christ the son of God in the flash is my God.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Herein lies the problem.
If salvation has to be worked for it is not salvation, but if salvation produces love then works
are its natural product.

I hear all the time, "I have faith, I do not need to do works to prove I know God"

As soon as one thinks proving has anything to do with God, you have not met Him.
A young child falls over. A parent rushes over and checks them. Finds out is everything is
ok, a quick check, makes sure they are happy and then lets them continue.
Another parent just laughes, sees the distress and waits for the child to sort themselves out.

Now I know both people in this situation, and I know which has empathy with the child and
which does not, and as a result which child grows and prospers and which has trouble.

Works are the result of empathy and knowing how this really matters. But those who have none
just see this as proving something, because the idea it matters or either way makes a difference
is literally not understood. Now just in me sharing this story, those with empathy will understand
because their hearts do this all the time, and those without think I am just falsely justifying my
obvious self righteousness. In a humourous way, my understanding of this is the result of my
empathy, which equally will be missed. But such is the realities of the Kingdom.
God bless you all, I pray that we might all grow deeper and stronger in the love God has for
us and through us, Amen.

Aug 10, 2019
*CONTEXT.* In James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims he has faith but has no resulting evidential works (to substantiate his claim). That is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith.

*So James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine. Simple!

James 2:17 is talking about an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains alone - "barren of works".

In James 2:20, "faith without works is dead" does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works and then it becomes a living faith (which is like saying that a tree is dead until it produces fruit and then it becomes a living tree) or that works are the source of life in faith or that we are saved by works. James is simply saying faith that is not accompanied by evidential works demonstrates that it’s dead. If someone says-claims they have faith but lack resulting evidential works, then they has an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith.
What are the works of faith is it salvation?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I have to say, after writing about the role of empathy, the phrase Psycho Babel is used.
Truly a sad observation. I love and care is pyscho babel then so is Christ to this individual.

34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13

These phrases are the most profound in scripture. Jesus died for us, He saw our need and paid the price
to meet them. Dying for my kids, I can see this and feel it. For my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Again I can see it, for those who I am close to? But then the depths of what Jesus is and how He works,
His will and ways do not come close to these folk.

But then "dishonest peddler of false religion" is not a compliment, so any truth I have in Christ, anything
that chimes with His word and His reality in the Father, they are making an enemy of.

It is why disowning your own religious groups must be done carefully or else you destroy the very thing
you stand for. So Jesus criticised the pharisees for their hypocrisy but not their faith. We are to follow
Jesus's example in all things, because there is great truth in them always. God bless you

Aug 10, 2019
He that believes on JESUS has done the works of the Heavenly Father

and you can forget posting out of context scripture to me pal......the bible is clear....saved entirely by faith....anything beyond that is the direct result of the faith and salvation one already possesses in Christ.....
Is that how you became saved by your works of faith?

Dec 12, 2013
I have to say, after writing about the role of empathy, the phrase Psycho Babel is used.
Truly a sad observation. I love and care is pyscho babel then so is Christ to this individual.

34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13

These phrases are the most profound in scripture. Jesus died for us, He saw our need and paid the price
to meet them. Dying for my kids, I can see this and feel it. For my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Again I can see it, for those who I am close to? But then the depths of what Jesus is and how He works,
His will and ways do not come close to these folk.

But then "dishonest peddler of false religion" is not a compliment, so any truth I have in Christ, anything
that chimes with His word and His reality in the Father, they are making an enemy of.

It is why disowning your own religious groups must be done carefully or else you destroy the very thing
you stand for. So Jesus criticised the pharisees for their hypocrisy but not their faith. We are to follow
Jesus's example in all things, because there is great truth in them always. God bless you
Petey.........you are not honest.....end of story....everything you post is tainted by the past and current disregard for the rules.....why cannot you understand that?

Aug 10, 2019
Not hardly......JESUS is how I got saved and by the FAITH that was dealt to me in measure by GOD.........nice try to embellish and twist the truth Mr. Twisty.......
Why did you separate Jesus and God from one another in this statement you have made to me?

Dec 12, 2013
Why did you separate Jesus and God from one another in this statement you have made to me?
Nothing I said was contrary to Scripture.....JESUS saves, I already said JESUS IS GOD, and GOD has dealt to men faith in measure

C|a|n y|o|u r|e|a|d b|e|t|w|e|e|n t|h|e l|i|n|e|s?

Aug 10, 2019
Nothing I said was contrary to Scripture.....JESUS saves, I already said JESUS IS GOD, and GOD has dealt to men faith in measure

C|a|n y|o|u r|e|a|d b|e|t|w|e|e|n t|h|e l|i|n|e|s?
How much faith does it take to do the works of salvation?