Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I kinda agree, but this sounds pretty close to >>> he picks people that will persevere.

If that is what you meant I would disagree.
No,

It means when he decides to save save someone, he knows all they will ever do before he saves them

Remember, we are choses based on foreknowledge, not some random chosing

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Brother EG is going God's way even if you claim otherwise.

No one on this earth could convince him to go any other way no matter how many times you ask him to, he is a born again child of God and knows his Father.
I admire the faith in people being expressed here. A brother is going God's way, he is a born again child
of God and knows his Father.

I hope and pray this is true, my problem is our faith is in Christ and not man, and no man is guaranteed
to walk the path, only after they have can the testimony be written. It is why movements go astry when
individuals become Gods clear guide to truth, which always leads to error, because our only teacher is
God alone. God bless you

E

eternally-gratefull

Yet to be proven WHO is born again and walking in God's way! He who PERSEVERES TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED!
Look at context, jesus is talking to people alive in tribulation period not every person ever born,, and he talking physical life not spiritual

Jesus is not the author of confusion who says after you believe you will live forever and never die, then say you have to persevere

But if you want to save yourself! feel,free! and good luck!

Me i will trust God

John 5 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Isaiah 53
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
_________

John 10
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.

romans 9

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

_________

Romans 10
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

1 John 3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Galatians 2:16
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
_________

I pray those of you who do not understand what words are meant for encouragement, what words are meant for instruction, what phrases are descriptive and what indeed is required.... hear the truth....
believe it
become born again and are useful for God's kingdom....

U

UnderGrace

No,

It means when he decides to save save someone, he knows all they will ever do before he saves them

Remember, we are choses based on foreknowledge, not some random chosing
Not my view but that is okay.

And I do not mean that I do not believe that there is truth on the matter, but right now one of is right and one of is wrong. But we have had the discussion before and I have yet to be persuaded of the truth of your view.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Not my view but that is okay.

And I do not mean that I do not believe that there is truth on the matter, but right now one of is right and one of is wrong. But we have had the discussion before and I have yet to be persuaded of the truth of your view.
see, the thing about us who understand that we are saved by grace, not of ourselves, but a gift from God do not have to agree on every minute point, because we do not save ourselves, we are saved by Christ alone.

on the other hand, the lawyers and works salvationist think they have to save themselves, so they have to cross every T and dot every I , and make sure they do, or they could cause themselves to miss the Kingdom if they get even one thing wrong.

U

UnderGrace

see, the thing about us who understand that we are saved by grace, not of ourselves, but a gift from God do not have to agree on every minute point, because we do not save ourselves, we are saved by Christ alone.

on the other hand, the lawyers and works salvationist think they have to save themselves, so they have to cross every T and dot every I , and make sure they do, or they could cause themselves to miss the Kingdom if they get even one thing wrong.
I have come to the belief that taking a stand with God that we are eternally secure is part of taking a stand with God that we are saved by Grace through faith apart from works.

The more we stand with God on the Truth the more He reveals of Himself.

U

UnderGrace

Stated another way...

The only way to stand in God's love is to stand in His truth.

Having said that, I agree, it is easier to have some points of disagreement with those who have a OSAS foundation.;)

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
CC has been hacked!!

Beware
I see what you mean now....

I put the user on ignore already...

No idea how someone can be so vile.

There are young ones on this site.

Disgusting.

Shows thier hatred for God and His children and lack of love for anything other than thier own perversions.

U

UnderGrace

YES indeed........they were all over it......glad too.....was some sickening crap
You sure you did not mean " sickening crop" just kidding :D

Yeah they are some scary people out there ... out to create havoc thinking they are oh so clever ...really they just show their depravity.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You sure you did not mean " sickening crop" just kidding :D

Yeah they are some scary people out there ... out to create havoc thinking they are oh so clever ...really they just show their depravity.
Just a thought. Maybe new members should be restricted from posting pics and videos until they have 100 posts. This will give some kind of idea of who the new people are we are dealing with.

U

UnderGrace

Just a thought. Maybe new members should be restricted from posting pics and videos until they have 100 posts. This will give some kind of idea of who the new people are we are dealing with.
I am not sure if the software can be reconfigured for that, however, that makes sense to me that new members be kept on a tight leash... like a probationary period.

Hackers have no moral compass.... it is all game.

The hacker flooded the site very quickly so I am sure they were pretty tech savvy.