Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Jewish wine is a LQW Alcohol Wine. Here is a label, showing it's Alcohol content, BUT THIS a bit High at 6%.

It usually is around 3% alcohol, if I remember Right.
American wine is around 14% alcohol.

Wikipedia:
Kosher wine
. . . .
Almost all Jewish holidays, especially the Passover Seder where all present drink four cups of wine, on Purim for the festive meal, and on the Shabbat require obligatory blessings (Kiddush) over filled cups of kosher wine that are then drunk. Grape juice is also suitable on these occasions.

About the product

• Two 750ml bottles of Ariel Cabernet Non-alcoholic wine
  • Non-alcoholic yet full flavored red wine
  • Fermented and aged in the traditional red wine method
  • Alcohol is gently removed by cold filtration
  • Contains less than 0.5% alcohol by volume

See, they remove the alcohol by Cold Filtration, what ever that is.

So Jewish actual Kosher Wine, is still MUCH Lower in Alcohol than the rest of the world.
Remember the old 3% American Beer?
Also remember we are talking 2000 years ago. Not today.. Sure it was quite different.

E

eternally-gratefull

I think I’m misunderstanding here EG, but truth is we are set apart for His glory. So we are righteous in Him. If it’s imputed by God, there is no higher court that would rule us as unrighteous.

And I don’t say I sin daily. I say I miss the mark of perfection on a daily basis, but I don’t choose sin. Sometimes my temper flares up and I act....which grieves me.

His glory in my opinion is His presence. We seek this.
Thats why we do not look to a law which can only condemn us, But to Christ and his Holy pirit. To learn to live like Christ with the help of the spirit. Which is living in love

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Hi Bill,

I maybe be very dumb, and before the Lord, I am dumb, but He is so gracious.
This verses

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Phil 4

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Phil 4

15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name.
16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
Heb 13

My life and heart is grounded in praise and thank giving, I sing in tongues to the God my creator, who has
founded and established me and to whom all praise and honour is due, forever and ever, Amen.
Is this not what your heart in the Spirit cries out with also? I hope and pray it is, Amen

Just to clarify follow....when you say you sang in tongues, you do mean your own native language which is English. Correct? Kind of similar to the song Oh for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemers praise?

Still of the Spirit of God that bursts from the heart. But, not in other languages unknown, true?

E

eternally-gratefull

Imagine how much wine NOAH had to drink at 3% to get drunk enough to pass out............exactly!!!!
My first visit to canada was memorable. We stopped off in toronto after getting back from the ST laurence seaway They wanted to give the crew a rest. I drank their beer like I did the american 3%. I do not remember that night.. and my chief was not happy. He had to carry this 22 y/o back to the ship.

U

UnderGrace

My first visit to canada was memorable. We stopped off in toronto after getting back from the ST laurence seaway They wanted to give the crew a rest. I drank their beer like I did the american 3%. I do not remember that night.. and my chief was not happy. He had to carry this 22 y/o back to the ship.
Correction ... any trip to Canada is memorable :)

E

eternally-gratefull

We obey because we love him not to get blessings.

The blessings are just an extra :)

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
AMEN to that.....I tried cigs once.....coughed my head off, puked and turned :sick: and said to h... with that...........so glad I never took that habit up........
I had a pack and a half a day habit, when I was younger. EVEN after watching my favorite Aunt die of lung Cancer at 29 years of age. I even argued with GOD, who was wanting me two quit. I even said, "Why should I quit, as long as I enjoy it." One morning I sat up on the bed, reached for the pack of cigarettes on the night stand, used my favorite lighter to light my first Cigarette of the DAY . . . . . . . . . IT TASTED HORRIBLE! A thought went thru my mind, "WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE NOW DUMMY!" That was my Last Cigarette!

Dec 12, 2013
Salvation Losers pay attention.....WORD of the DAY

IRREVOCABLE
ametamelétos: not repented of
Original Word: ἀμεταμέλητος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: ametamelétos
Phonetic Spelling: (am-et-am-el'-ay-tos)
Definition: not repented of
Usage: not to be repented of, about which no change of mind can take place, not affected by change of mind.

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
not of works, lest anyone should boast.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Dec 12, 2013
i think we ran them all out. or you guys did

and God used you to win me over too.

good job. we win
God is good my friend......and what won you over my friend is the word of God and His most Holy Spirit enlightening and revealing truth migo.....I am nothing more than a scum bag servant doing that which God has led me and called me to do....spread the truth and make a stand in the truth....ALL glory goes to JESUS my friend :)