Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I don’t just read words, I read them in the context that they are spoken. If you were just clicking, and did not read who and what I was responding to, then I misunderstood you, but an honest mistake, because you spoke in a bubble, and out of context of the discussion

So I apologize for misunderstanding you.
No need to apologize, beloved. I apologize to you for my “turning over the tables” response to you. It’s all good.

Dec 27, 2018
Well this is the way I look at, when I cannot converse with someone for whatever reason then I do not converse with them, I do not go to their threads and I do not speak about them, quote them, or try to belittle them in other threads, I shake the dust off my feet and move on.

You should try it.
I don’t do that to anyone. If you mean DC, He pre-emptively assaulted me today when I was talking to someone else. As far as you, ok I will not mention you again. Bye

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Well he said it is "impossible" .... that is very different than the result..... imho
From the book of James :)

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Dec 27, 2018
And another thing you may want to make note of, when you are speaking about someone it is good practice to actually give them notification by using this >>>> @ in front of the name like so @dcontroversal @eternally-gratefull and @gb9 know.
Why? Does he do that with me? Nooooooo.... I would have done that if I had known about it, but I don’t hear you correcting DC for it, Miss Double Standard. Now please leave me alone. DC decided to attack me unprovoked, so I exposed the hole in his attack. Why does this concern you?

DC is constantly speaking of me without notifying me. So if you are a mod, apply rules consistently. If not...

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I don’t do that to anyone. If you mean DC, He pre-emptively assaulted me today when I was talking to someone else. As far as you, ok I will not mention you again. Bye
you mean like you did me. just show back up and pre-emptively assault me. not even a hello ?

Dec 27, 2018
AMEN to that..........and on every turn mouthing me and trying to make me look bad or prove me wrong....

To hi that worketh NOT, but believeth on him that justifies the ungodly <---HIS faith is counted for righteousness
Before this post, I hadn’t even mentioned you in months.

Learn the difference between basis of justification and results of regeneration. You’re not even coming close to addressing what I said

Dec 27, 2018
Before this post, I hadn’t even mentioned you in months.

Learn the difference between basis of justification and results of regeneration. You’re not even coming close to addressing what I said
Oh yeah, sorry. I did mention your half baked hypothesis, but only because people were using your Romans 4:4 argument to argue against fruits of regeneration

Basis of justification and results of regeneration have different aspects, (in case you didn’t know)

Dec 27, 2018
No need to apologize, beloved. I apologize to you for my “turning over the tables” response to you. It’s all good.
No need for apology. You are absolutely correct, prayer for the lost is a big part of the great commission. I agree with the principle, but misunderstood the application, due to the tenor of the surrounding discussion. God bless you and yours

Dec 27, 2018
From the book of James :)

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Good scripture. Dead faith does not save. Living faith does. Which means saved by faith alone, but true faith is not alone.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Good scripture. Dead faith does not save. Living faith does. Which means saved by faith alone, but true faith is not alone.
I used to almost not like James and I used to see Mosaic Law as obsolete as well. But after many years of study I came to see that Paul teaches the same thing about works that James does albeit James is more aggressive. I also came to realize that Law of Moses deserves the same respect any other schoolmaster would recieve. It has much to teach about living for Christ.

I always find the Christian hostility towards the Law shocking given the reverence for it demonstrated throughout the New Testament. Pretty much always accompanied with a critical view of good works.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You’re preaching to the choir bro. I both understand agree with EGs post, which is why I put it as my sig. UG is the one who don’t agree with it.

I never said salvation is earned. Strawman

Then Too much of a good thing will make you sick. THE LARGE RED PRINT IS ANNOYING.

Dec 27, 2018
I used to almost not like James and I used to see Mosaic Law as obsolete as well. But after many years of study I came to see that Paul teaches the same thing about works that James does albeit James is more aggressive. I also came to realize that Law of Moses deserves the same respect any other schoolmaster would recieve. It has much to teach about living for Christ.

I always find the Christian hostility towards the Law shocking given the reverence for it demonstrated throughout the New Testament. Pretty much always accompanied with a critical view of good works.
The ceremonial laws, dietary, circumcision, sacrificial, sabbatical are not binding on New Covenant saints. The Law Is a schoolmaster to bring to Christ, reveals sin and need of Saviour), the moral law reflects Gods standard of righteousness, and MANY fine principles in the Law. The only thing I would caution is to remind you that no flesh will e justified by the Law🙂

Dec 27, 2018
Then Too much of a good thing will make you sick. THE LARGE RED PRINT IS ANNOYING.
the large red print is for emphasis. When your complaint regarding one’s content is found to lack substance, critique the font. Got it. 👍

Well played. 👏 (golf clap)

Sorry, but I’m not playing with you people any more. Bad arguments are going to get smacked down.

Dec 27, 2018
the large red print is for emphasis. When your complaint regarding one’s content is found to lack substance, critique the font. Got it. 👍

Well played. 👏 (golf clap)

Sorry, but I’m not playing with you people any more. Bad arguments are going to get smacked down.
Can’t deal with it?

E

eternally-gratefull

Paul said the schoolmaster leads us to christ, then after we have come to christ, the schoolmaster is no longer needed (we have graduated)

So how can people who believe this be hostile to the law?

E

eternally-gratefull

And another thing you may want to make note of, when you are speaking about someone it is good practice to actually give them notification by using this >>>> @ in front of the name like so @dcontroversal @eternally-gratefull and @gb9 know.
I can not see anything he posts anymore unless i open them up manually, so even if he did that i would not know,m

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I can not see anything he posts anymore unless i open them up manually, so even if he did that i would not know,m
you are not missing anything. just the same obsessive ranting about ( literally ) the same things he was obsessively ranting about 6 months ago.

E

eternally-gratefull

You keep posting over, and over again a post by eternally-gratefull. BUT DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SAID ? ? ?

It is impossible to CHANGE or GO BACK on the Nature of Our Born Again eternally alive Human Spirit.

IT NEVER WILL BE TO EARN SALVATION, IT ALWAYS WILL BE BECAUSE HE CHANGED OUR ONCE DEAD Human SPIRIT into

an ALIVE that always will WANT TO do what pleases our Loving LORD. LOVING OBEDIENCE has become OUR NEW NATURE.
Amen, true living faith works, and the more god PROVES his faithfulness, the more we want to work,

While not everyne will become paul in their christian walk, even children can do some things their parents want because that have this childlike faith in them and they enjoy the blessings they get when they obey

We turn and walk away in unbelief when people prove themselves to be untrustworthy, people whomsay we can turn do not evidently understand how faithful god is, otherwise they would never even think it was possible