Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Heb 5: 9And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

This is what it means to be deemed righteous, not the one you have been taught.
Amen brother. You are correct.

Jesus commissioned the Eleven to go into the world and make disciples and "teach them to observe all things that I have commanded you." (Matt 28:20)

And when we realize that there is no commandment in the Bible to "accept Jesus", then it becomes clear that our Lord was talking about obeying His commandments (not the Law of Moses), if we are to even be called His friend.

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you."
- John 15:9-14

As we see, even Jesus must remain obedient to God to remain in His love.

May we be found loving others today.
For mockery, envy and foolish talk are not of God and will not inherit the Kingdom.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hey, thanks for watching!! :D

Just planting seeds, friend. God will bring the increase in those He desires to "inherit Eternal salvation."

Many others will be the inheritance of the overcoming saints.
And some who deny the Lord and His messengers will perhaps wish they hadn't in that Day.

May each in this "Christian" Forum "have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches" today.
Amen.
JUUUUST couldn't help yourself!

Exactly as I said. False humility. And buried that false humility? "AND HIS MESSENGERS"

And I'm bettin the ranch you number YOURSELF as one of His messengers huh?

*****CC CAUTION***** Denying THIS GUY MICHAEL, NOT JUST THE LORD, will make you regret it on Judgement Day!

Just sickening dude!

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
JUUUUST couldn't help yourself!

Exactly as I said. False humility. And buried that false humility? "AND HIS MESSENGERS"

And I'm bettin the ranch you number YOURSELF as one of His messengers huh?

*****CC CAUTION***** Denying THIS GUY MICHAEL, NOT JUST THE LORD, will make you regret it on Judgement Day!

Just sickening dude!
"Also the sons of those who afflicted you
Shall come bowing to you,
And all those who despised you shall fall prostrate at the soles of your feet;
And they shall call you The City of the Lord,

Zion of the Holy One of Israel. "
- Isaiah 60:14

Just as Jesus was despised then, and by many today who don't know the real Jesus; so too He said that those He sent would be rejected by those who refused to repent and come to the Truth.

"Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews (Christians) and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you." - Rev 3:9

All I can, and must, do is preach the Truth of God.
Seeds have been planted in some; questions have been answered for others; and confirmation has come to a few... God will bring the increase in those He has called to "inherit Eternal Life."

"You will know them by their fruit" By their words and deeds.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
"Also the sons of those who afflicted you
Shall come bowing to you,
And all those who despised you shall fall prostrate at the soles of your feet;
And they shall call you The City of the Lord,

Zion of the Holy One of Israel. "
- Isaiah 60:14

Just as Jesus was despised then, and by many today who don't know the real Jesus; so too He said that those He sent would be rejected by those who refused to repent and come to the Truth.

"Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews (Christians) and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you." - Rev 3:9

All I can, and must, do is preach the Truth of God.
Seeds have been planted in some; questions have been answered for others; and confirmation has come to a few... God will bring the increase in those He has called to "inherit Eternal Life."

"You will know them by their fruit" By their words and deeds.
You are digging a deeper and deeper hole.

Not only do you preach a false Gospel, but now you claim you have been sent by God to preach this false Gospel, and WORST of all, you put yourself on Christ's level, saying that denying YOU is the same as denying Jesus Christ.!

Small wonder you have been banned everywhere you go in the Christian community.

I reiterate my feelings about what you preach. :(:cry::sick::sick::sick:

U

UnderGrace

Umm... Maybe the problem is YOU and your massive ego and arrogance, and NOT the Christian websites you were banned from.

You think it's a badge of honor to be banned because YOU are soooo much smarter, and after all, God is supposedly patting you on the back with an "atta boy Mike!, my Son dying wasn't enough for them. You tell em!"

Dude. You are messed up!
WOW, this really struck a chord with me, on how really TRAGIC their false doctrine is.... and how they could even think God is pleased with them.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
WOW, this really struck a chord with me, on how really TRAGIC their false doctrine is.... and how they could even think God is pleased with them.
Every once in awhile it hits me just how sad these people are that push works in addition to Jesus. Most times I'm just disgusted and angry that they steal the Lord's Glory.

But a sadness just struck me. The ONLY true obstacle to the Truth, is if you think you already have it. It will take a miracle to get this guy out of self worship. He is so deeply committed to it.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
That would be really rough. I hope you are safe.
I don't have that where I am but I do get mocked by unbelievers.
I'm safe, the people around me are lovely. They accept that i'm not a muslim and they express their fear for my eternity. I tell, them, i'm fine.

U

UnderGrace

Every once in awhile it hits me just how sad these people are that push works in addition to Jesus. Most times I'm just disgusted and angry that they steal the Lord's Glory.

But a sadness just struck me. The ONLY true obstacle to the Truth, is if you think you already have it. It will take a miracle to get this guy out of self worship. He is so deeply committed to it.
As someone told me once on CC a few years back >>>> because I was so shocked by the law keepers and those that denigrate the work of the cross......... it will take an act of God to remove the blinders, I think this is very true!!

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
You are digging a deeper and deeper hole.

Not only do you preach a false Gospel, but now you claim you have been sent by God to preach this false Gospel, and WORST of all, you put yourself on Christ's level, saying that denying YOU is the same as denying Jesus Christ.!

Small wonder you have been banned everywhere you go in the Christian community.

I reiterate my feelings about what you preach. :(:cry::sick::sick::sick:
I've been chased from silly online "Christian" forums by those who despise the Word of God, the "Holy One of Israel."

In reality, I have been, and am, an elder, deacon, intercessor and Bible teacher in churches since the turn of the Century. :)

Remember, friend, the "Way is narrow that leads to Life."
The great bulk of the churches are on the "broad path...."

You, and I, and all of us here, as making our choice today which path we are on. And that not according to our words, but our behavior alone. Choose wisely friend. Eternity is at stake.

And keep watching. Got lots of teachings and in-depth Bible Studies on my website as well.
Peace!

U

UnderGrace

Does that cancel this:

Rom 2:7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

And, believing is not about thoughts anyway but action. The one who loves/obeys has believed and not the other way round.
First of all you stated somewhere that we are rewarded with eternal life.... wrong eternal life is a gift

Secondly, this passage is not giving instruction on the way of salvation but the way the saved conduct their lives.

Paul does not contradict himself.
Ephesians 2: 8-10

U

UnderGrace

I've been chased from silly online "Christian" forums by those who despise the Word of God, the "Holy One of Israel."

In reality, I have been, and am, an elder, deacon, intercessor and Bible teacher in churches since the turn of the Century. :)

Remember, friend, the "Way is narrow that leads to Life."
The great bulk of the churches are on the "broad path...."

You, and I, and all of us here, as making our choice today which path we are on. And that not according to our words, but our behavior alone. Choose wisely friend. Eternity is at stake.

And keep watching. Got lots of teachings and in-depth Bible Studies on my website as well.
Peace!
Except for the fact your teacher was a false teacher, so you learned false teachings.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
I'm safe, the people around me are lovely. They accept that i'm not a muslim and they express their fear for my eternity. I tell, them, i'm fine.
Bless you and guide you always.
Our church family supports a couple in Pakistan, who has faced some real persecution for their ministry. And a family in Thailand, which is a little more open country, but they still have challenges for sharing the faith.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
First of all you stated somewhere that we are rewarded with eternal life.... wrong eternal life is a gift

Secondly, this passage is not giving instruction on the way of salvation but the way the saved conduct their lives.

Paul does not contradict himself.
Ephesians 2: 8-10
No, Paul doesn't contradict himself at all, just misunderstanding either from you or me but i reckon it is from you.
Let's have a look one more time.

Rom 2:
5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” a 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11For God does not show favoritism.

12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.