Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Yes but we are not under condemnation... and God is more than able to deal with sin in the life of the believer as they yield themselves to Him and His Grace.

Obedience is abiding, yielding to His divine influence not law keeping... agree?
Amen.

I agree 100% what you describe here is obedience to the gospel. (though if we split hairs to be obedient to our Father in general may be to spend time with someone or witness or eat better or save better or anything He places on our heart.....)

Not trying to argue and I know you'd agree... but I think our limited english language will sometimes use the same word for many many things....

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Salvation cannot be earned. Righteousness is imputed to us. It is received through faith (we believe in Jesus Christ). It can be lost through Apostasy. I have just posted a passage in Galatians above which proves this.

Your faith needs to be a continual faith. Not a One-Time Faith. One time faith will not save you.
nope. total lie.

only one sin will send a person to hell- unbelief in Jesus.

one who believes is saved. one who does not believe is condemned.

and, I am not giving you the definition of believe again. I have done so several times already, your failure to accept it is a you problem, nothing I can help you with.

E

EleventhHour

You "allow yourself" by the CHOICES you make.
O brother .. so my choices secure my salvation.
You know you work very hard at covering all the bases and straddling both lanes grace and law... why?

God is absolutely clear.. salvation a one time event.. completely secure apart from any and all works... by grace through faith... the saving faith that justifies eternally!!

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Listen up Chris... the only option other than Grace is Law

You teach Grace is not sufficient and the work of Christ is limited... therefore you are teaching salvation by law keeping and I have more bad news for you.......... no human was ever justified by law keeping.

It has always been a one time event by faith!
Post Nr 119885

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
nope. total lie.

only one sin will send a person to hell- unbelief in Jesus.

one who believes is saved. one who does not believe is condemned.

and, I am not giving you the definition of believe again. I have done so several times already, your failure to accept it is a you problem, nothing I can help you with.
Post 119885. Apostasy is real.

E

EleventhHour

Amen.

I agree 100% what you describe here is obedience to the gospel. (though if we split hairs to be obedient to our Father in general may be to spend time with someone or witness or eat better or save better or anything He places on our heart.....)

Not trying to argue and I know you'd agree... but I think our limited english language will sometimes use the same word for many many things....
I hate hair splitting and split ends :)

Absolutely agree!!

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
You know you work very hard at covering all the bases and straddling both lanes grace and law... why?

God is absolutely clear.. salvation a one time event.. completely secure apart from any and all works... by grace through faith... the saving faith that justifies eternally!!
Its called Scriptures. You should read them.

Romans 6

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be [a]done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been [b]freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, [c]reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as [d]instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Post 119885. Apostasy is real.
no one says it is not.

Peter and Judas both betrayed Christ, in different ways.

Peter came back to Christ, Judas did not . and, more importantly, Jesus new what would happen.

how? well, Jesus ( and God the Father and the Holy Sprit) knows the heart.

so, Jesus knows who truly believes in Him, and who doesn't .

which is something you pushers of a losable salvation fail to realize.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Its called Scriptures. You should read them.

Romans 6

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be [a]done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been [b]freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, [c]reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as [d]instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
and you should not break Scripture into pieces and build individual theology around isolated Scripture.

wicked false teaching to do so.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
and you should not break Scripture into pieces and build individual theology around isolated Scripture.

wicked false teaching to do so.
I have just given you the WHOLE passage and you accuse me of this? What about the above do you disagree with? You kick against the scriptures.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017

So Eleventh Hour.....is this passage I post below contained in the scriptures or not?

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as [d]instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
God has not changed one iota concerning holiness. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deceived.

1 John 3
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

E

EleventhHour

I hope you don’t mind me chiming in...there is no cut off point action. The actions reflect the condition of the heart

I am saved. Therefore when I sin, I sorrow, confess, and forsake. Because my new nature looks at sin as an enemy, not a friend.
No worries you can chime I do it every day on the thread... yes I agree..but after I confess, sorrow and forsake .. the last step is to be convicted by the Holy Spirit that I am a new creation in Christ... He also reminds of Truth.

Dec 6, 2019
No worries you can chime I do it every day on the thread... yes I agree..but after I confess, sorrow and forsake .. the last step is to be convicted by the Holy Spirit that I am a new creation in Christ... He also reminds of Truth.
Good point

Dec 30, 2019
like if u get wisdom teeth removed you can still get painkillers for few days and its not pharmakeia in my opinion.
If you get your wisdom teeth pulled they give serious drugs to high school students. My son said a friend of his took the prescription he was given and when it ran out he was going through withdrawal. A lot of people get hooked that way. This is why almost a million people are dead from drug overdoses sense this epidemic began.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
So Eleventh Hour.....is this passage I post below contained in the scriptures or not?

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as [d]instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
It's not a rhetorical question. I ask you again, since you have accused me - is this contained in scripture? Who is doing the "letting" and "presenting"?

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
The BIBLE IS SINCERELY the WORD OF GOD:

2 Timothy 3:14-17 (HCSB)
14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and firmly believed. You know those who taught you,
15 and you know that from childhood you have known the sacred Scriptures, which are able to give you wisdom for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,
17 so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

2 Peter 1:20-21 (HCSB)
20 First of all, you should know this: No prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation,
21 because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, men spoke from God as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Since, every Scripture was inspired by GOD,
How are you ever going to walk in Obedience to these verses:

Hebrews 10:19-26 (HCSB)
19 Therefore, brothers, since we have boldness to enter the sanctuary through the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way He has opened for us through the curtain (that is, His flesh),
21 and since we have a great high priest over the house of God,
22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, our hearts sprinkled ⌊clean⌋ from an evil conscience and our bodies washed in pure water.
23 Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
24 And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works,
25 not staying away from our ⌊worship⌋ meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
26 For if we deliberately sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Ephesians 4:11-14 (HCSB)
11 And He personally gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers,
12 for the training of the saints in the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ,

13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, ⌊growing⌋ into a mature man with a stature measured by Christ’s fullness.
14 Then we will no longer be little children, tossed by the waves and blown around by every wind of teaching, by human cunning with cleverness in the techniques of deceit.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 (ESV)
1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil.
2 Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.

IT IS GOD's WILL THAT WE GO TO A HOUSE OF GOD HERE ON THIS EARTH.

All you have done, was to become part of the PROBLEM.

Going to Church is MORE FOR OTHERS, to encourage them, than for Self.

How are you ever going to fulfill your commitment to like minded believers if you DO NOT GO, how are you ever going to fulfill the
ONE ANOTHER'S of the BIBLE.

Ephesians 5:17-21 (NIV)
17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.
18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,
20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Romans 15:7 (HCSB)
7 Therefore accept one another, just as the Messiah also accepted you, to the glory of God.

Romans 12:4-5 (HCSB)
4 Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function,
5 in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another.

Romans 13:8 (HCSB)
8 Do not owe anyone anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Romans 14:19 (HCSB)
19 So then, we must pursue what promotes peace and what builds up one another.

Romans 15:5-6 (HCSB)
5 Now may the God who gives endurance and encouragement allow you ⌊to live⌋ in harmony with one another, according to ⌊the command of⌋ Christ Jesus,
6 so that you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with a united mind and voice.

2 Corinthians 13:11 (ESV)
11 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

Galatians 6:1-2 (HCSB)
1 Brothers, if someone is caught in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual should restore such a person with a gentle spirit, watching out for yourselves so you also won’t be tempted.
2 Carry one another’s burdens; in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

There are lots more ONE ANOTHER's in the Bible, so HOW are you going to be obedient to them, without being in Fellowship with like minded believers. Now do not take offense to what I say now, but have you considered that you got WAY off track Doctrinally, by separating yourself from the "CHURCH OF STONE", instead of LEARNING how to function within the ONE ANOTHER's in the BIBLE. Granted the Church you used to go to, may not be were GOD wants you, HOWEVER, it IS HIS WILL that you spiritually GROW in HIS HOUSE, WHERE GOD WANTS YOU. But You Need to Find another CHURCH, were you can be FEED the word of GOD, and Encourage others.

Gee! I thought that after giving my testimony? You would reciprocate by giving yours. Seems, this isn't the case, eh? From you, or anyone else in here.
Perhaps y'all feel a "certain tenure?"
That simply by your words, or, more precise your "bullying style/s" in pulling the "wool over the eyes of sheep", through endless, and relentless insinuations! Made much easier these days, in the usage of "Bible study programs!"

But? After saying this? I see THIS as a MAJOR PROBLEM.
But, ya'll won't find it in the "Canonized Bible." Although, the Prophet and His book are mentioned!

BOOK OF ENOCH

[Chapter 13]
1 And Enoch went and said: 'Azazel, thou shalt have no peace: a severe sentence has gone forth
2) against thee to put thee in bonds: And thou shalt not have toleration nor request granted to thee, because of the unrighteousness which thou hast taught, and because of all the works of godlessness
3 and unrighteousness and sin which thou hast shown to men.' Then I went and spoke to them all
4 together, and they were all afraid, and fear and trembling seized them. And they besought me to draw up a petition for them that they might find forgiveness, and to read their petition in the presence
5 of the Lord of heaven. For from thenceforward they could not speak (with Him) nor lift up their
6 eyes to heaven for shame of their sins for which they had been condemned.

[Chapter 16]
1 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement -thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be
2 consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated." And now as to the watchers who have sent thee to intercede for them, who had been aforetime in heaven,
(say 3 to them): "You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth."
4 Say to them therefore: " You have no peace."'

In the highlighted part of !6:2? You'll see, that "these" were not able in successfully petitioning God through Enoch!
But? That doesn't mean they have ceased in their efforts of petitioning through man! And especially Israel, in the O.T., AS WELL AS Christ's "church", in the N.T.!

It is through the efforts of "these", they were successful in getting Israel "CUT OFF!"
And, it is by "these SAME ones", they are gaining much success, in getting "the gentiles" "CUT OFF" as well!

This is the duty of every "believer", to become a "wolf hunter!" (let no man deceive you)
1 Peter 2
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

This is what I do! I hunt? Then EXPOSE!

This cannot be done if THIS isn't done FIRST!:
Hebrews 6
Therefore moving beyond the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto spiritual maturity; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,