Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
want me to pull your post when you said that tongues were not a big thing at your church??

you are stumbling all over yourself.
'
I used to think you had o.k. theology. don't know how I made that mistake.....
I said there are other gifts. Speaking in tongues is one of them and I have others, tongues is the lest of them, and you know what I have just received the gift of tongues. Thank you, Lord.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Remember Waggles? That is what he taught.. :cautious:
So people say they have the grace of God without the evidence, they say you cannot backslide, and they deny the Biblical teaching about the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

All that is left is an empty shell.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
So people say they have the grace of God without the evidence, they say you cannot backslide, and they deny the Biblical teaching about the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

All that is left is an empty shell.
Speaking in tongues may have been "an" evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4; 10:46; 19:6) but it's not "the" evidence for all. Not everyone speaks in tongues. (1 Corinthians 12:30)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Don't be silly. If you read me I said I do not speak in tongues. You would be better responding to what I said in the post you responded to, instead of accusing me of something I did not say.
here you go. your own words.

E

EleventhHour

The Bible tells us the first Christians were filled with the Holy Spirit and were speaking in other tongues.

You people say when you accept Jesus as saviour, you have the Holy Spirit, but Jesus is the second person of the Trinity.
What does this mean?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
here you go. your own words.
I do now. But this is not about me. What is happening in the world today, is that nominal Christians are taking everything for themselves.

Anyway, people will only argue and I'm sick and tired of it.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
melach "sober sherlock" holmes has this question to ask: as an abstinent person with a very :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: life. i want to ask when people say "moderate drinker" what is moderate? i was talking about it with a friend online and it looks like its really open to interptetation, here in finland you stop drinking moderately when you lose control cant remember a thing and kiss a wild hog. in spain maybe its different.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Speaking in tongues may have been "an" evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4; 10:46; 19:6) but it's not "the" evidence for all. Not everyone speaks in tongues. (1 Corinthians 12:30)
(30) Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
(31) But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

There are other gifts. Please give it in full. Context is everything.

E

eternally-gratefull

I do now. But this is not about me. What is happening in the world today, is that nominal Christians are taking everything for themselves.

Was gonna say something but decided not worth it

Your ears are closed

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
melach "sober sherlock" holmes has this question to ask: as an abstinent person with a very :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: life. i want to ask when people say "moderate drinker" what is moderate? i was talking about it with a friend online and it looks like its really open to interptetation, here in finland you stop drinking moderately when you lose control cant remember a thing and kiss a wild hog. in spain maybe its different.
As someone who sees anything short of perfection as "sin" or missing the mark, I'd think drinking in moderation is being able to drink so little you will not lose your sober mind.

Not saying that eating unhealthy food is less of a sin than drinking a tad too much wine in the privacy of your home, but am saying both would be something to encourage away from but also not judge for when we take into account how we all fall short.

(I may not be the best one to answer this question, I think a few of our older brothers and sisters may have a better answer)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
(30) Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
(31) But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

There are other gifts. Please give it in full. Context is everything.
Sure. Paul asks these rhetorical questions. Do all have the gifts of healing? NO Do all speak in tongues? NO Do all interpret (tongues)? NO Earnestly desiring the best gifts does not mean that everyone will have all of these gifts. In verse 27-28, we read - Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:4 - Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6 There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. 7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. Not everyone has all these gifts.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

* as in the last 36 hours. ( it was sunday night American time you said you did not.)

but, it is possible....

PS

Jan 11, 2013
* as in the last 36 hours. ( it was sunday night American time you said you did not.)

but, it is possible....
After about sixty years of waiting, it is possible. :)

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Sure. Paul asks these rhetorical questions. Do all have the gifts of healing? NO Do all speak in tongues? NO Do all interpret (tongues)? NO Earnestly desiring the best gifts does not mean that everyone will have all of these gifts. In verse 27-28, we read - Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:4 - Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6 There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. 7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. Not everyone has all these gifts.
True, but what I want to say is that grace is the gift of the Holy Spirit and without the Comforter, (Jesus is the second person of the Trinity) we do not have grace.