Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
All of us who have been called belong to Him...

One of satan's tricks is to make people doubt God and what He has done for us through Christ...
No one is pleasing God when they doubt Him , yet it pleases satan tremendously ...
What this should do is to stiffen our resolution to remain faithful.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
All of us who have been called belong to Him...

One of satan's tricks is to make people doubt God and what He has done for us through Christ...
No one is pleasing God when they doubt Him , yet it pleases satan tremendously ...
One of Satans tricks is to lull us into a false sense of security.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
The incorruptible God will not have corruptible people in his presence.
You sure about that?

Did not Jesus walk with corruptible people whilst on earth (side note is he interceding for corruptible people in heaven)

Did he not seek out Adam when he sinned?
Clothed him?

Did he not use Moses the murderer?
Burning bush and all that?

Did he reject the man after his own heart?
The guy who committed murder, adultery. A guy called David.
How many of the 10 commandments did he break?

What about Peter?

The incorruptible God seeks after the corruptible.
Thats why he came in the flesh.

And Jesus showed that.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
One of Satans tricks is to lull us into a false sense of security.
Thank God for His word , and the helmet of our Salvation ...
We are to read the word daily so we know the schemes of satan ...

Those who are in Christ have no fear of being robbed , for by grace we have been SAVED...

Satan will always come after us , he hates who we now belong to , but guess what , God is more powerful against the darkness and the principalities of this world , we are in our Fathers hands forever and ever...

E

eternally-gratefull

Provided we stay the course, the redeemed will be there.
good luck staying the course of your own power. We are not redeemed by staying toe course, we are redeemed by the blood.

if you continue trying to do it by your power. it would not be wise to tell God you were not trying to earn your salvation.

Many will say on that day all the works they did, Jesus will tell them flat out. Depart. I never knew you

you would be wise to give it all to him, and stop trying to earn it.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Wow

I think the 'agree" only demonstrates your ongoing animosity that has been evidenced on this thread many times towards @dcontroversal.

Really it just blows my mind, that you could think someone, who defends and presents the real Gospel (saved not quasi-saved) is an atheist and is leading people away from Saviour, solely based on language you do not like.

And the real kicker is @PS promotes heresy.

Even if I absolutely disliked a person I could never, ever side with someone who promotes false dogma.

Perhaps, you have not been affected by false doctrine and that is why you so easily compromise... and I can easily pray you never

will ........ however, I much prefer you learn to stand resolute without that soul destroying experience.

I agree enough said.
Well, I certainly can't ignore slander.
Wow indeed. I pray for whomever you are actually directing those words to. Because no one who actually reads me without the veil of allegiance to one whom shall not be named would say your remarks are credible.

May God open your eyes.

E

EleventhHour

Well, I certainly can't ignore slander.
Wow indeed. I pray for whomever you are actually directing those words to. Because no one who actually reads me without the veil of allegiance to one whom shall not be named would say your remarks are credible.

May God open your eyes.
My eyes are open ... and to put it simply I let men be men and women be women, each with their different approaches and style.

I stand with those who contend for Gospel only.

I seek to change, challenge, repudiate the dogma of people who obviously nullify the cross by their conditional security dogma which is personally offensive and is contrary to the very nature of God.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah I don't know, but when you have one that SUPPOSEDLY is saved joining hand in hand with a deceiver that peddles a false gospel, constantly and hypocritically does what he accuses others of and now calling me an atheist when ALL can see that I claim Christ and constantly point to CHRIST.......it is a sad day for JESUS I can tell you....and now all she has done is justify herself all day long.....tells me all I need to know about her!

Dec 12, 2013
do what?

if you need to be told this, Something is seriously wrong

What does a christian do? They go SERVE PEOPLE.

How are you going to know if you can teach if you do not go teach, How do you know if you have the gift of helps if you do not help.

I can go on and on.

Sometiumes I think your only purpose is to argue with people..
Makes me think of the Pentecostal guy I worked with....He made the statement one day that they go "so besides themselves" at church that the preacher forgot to preach the word of GOD" I said, Well, you did not worship God then.....He said....What do you mean we did not worship God....I said....They that worship GOD MUST worship him in spirit and IN TRUTH.....NO PREACHING of the word = NO WORSHIP of GOD.....he argued all day against that......same is true here......the truth is presented and he argues all day against it.....

Dec 12, 2013
i often worry about that. we look back to apostolic times as long ago far away and we werent really there. but apostles were people too. so i wonder would i have gotten along with the apostles? would i have liked them? its easier to like people you never met lolz
The apostles had every gambit of character.....some were timid, some of love like John and some like the sons of THUNDER that wanted to thunder BOMB a town that rejected JESUS.......I deal with people differently as you know full well and as Jamie can testify.....when one is open and actually discussing I have no problem engaging in a decent enough manner....BUT when ONE constantly tramples JESUS under the feet by a false ideology.....I will oppose tooth and NAIL and if they continue to peddle that which leads astray I will continue to light them up..........I flat despise any and all false teachers that trample JESUS, his power, his grace, his blood, his mercy, his promises and work on our behalf under foot............it utterly infuriates me and sickens me at the same time.........ANY dogma that takes any glory away from God/JESUS is satanic!

Dec 12, 2013
I understand them

And you are practicing salvation by works

You can deny it all you want. If I see a rock, I am gonna call it a rock.
AMEN....any gospel that states the following is indeed peddling a self saving dogma

a. A salvation that can be lost
b. A salvation that must be maintained by works
c. A salvation that requires man to maintain faith
d. A salvation that requires any and ALL religious hoop jumping

Dec 12, 2013
Wow

I think the 'agree" only demonstrates your ongoing animosity that has been evidenced on this thread many times towards @dcontroversal.

Really it just blows my mind, that you could think someone, who defends and presents the real Gospel (saved not quasi-saved) is an atheist and is leading people away from Saviour, solely based on language you do not like.

And the real kicker is @PS promotes heresy.

Even if I absolutely disliked a person I could never, ever side with someone who promotes false dogma.

Perhaps, you have not been affected by false doctrine and that is why you so easily compromise... and I can easily pray you never

will ........ however, I much prefer you learn to stand resolute without that soul destroying experience.

I agree enough said.
AMEN...........her colours were proven when she sided with evil

Dec 12, 2013
Wrong ... wow.

That is sinking pretty low even for you!

It's the legalist that is the problem.
Ralph used to say the same thing and it is hilariously sickening....HE absolutely does it all the time and then accuses everyone else of doing it......two G words = hypocrite