Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
So you don't think that the substance is the 'reason' for the hope (believe) it is true? The 'reason' being the evidence of the thing(s) unseen?

So if someone asks you what you believe then wouldn't a person with faith be able to articulate a reason for what the hope in them?

It is written in 1 Peter 3:15 that one should:

"....be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you ..."
I think we may be on the same page. The substance, the reason of our hope is the cross of Jesus Christ. The faith of Jesus Christ was on display at the cross.

We have an answer: Jesus Christ and what He accomplished at the cross. Most won't accept this answer, but that's our hope.

Dec 12, 2013
Self faith comes in with th the versions. They have the phrase “faith in Christ” instead “faith of Christ.” Whose faith justifies? Man’s or Christ’s? It is Christ who justifies.
From FAITH to FAITH it is written, the JUST shall live by FAITH........

You have yet to explain this.....and I will not argue the fact that you are quoting the KING Jimmy which is practically the only version that translates the verse the faith OF.....and like I said....OF and FROM both come from the same word and indicate SOURCE

Christ is the SOURCE of our faith

a. HE GIFTS IT IN MEASURE to believers
b. HE starts it
c. HE finishes it
d. HE completes it

IF I GIVE YOU a car....whose car is it.....mine or YOURS?

Dec 12, 2013
John 3:18 has only two camps. Those who believe in Him and are not condemned and those who do not believe and are condemned already. There is no third camp here of those who stopped believing and are once again condemned.
The self sustained faithers and salvation losers LOVE to make a third group.......

Dec 12, 2013
1 Peter 1:9 (KJV) - Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Should we change that to "Christ's faith?" :unsure:
AMEN......if FAITH has been dealt in measure and GIFTED.....

He has yet to explain

FROM faith to faith is it written, the just shall live by faith.

Dec 12, 2013
That's not what the Perfect tense implies.
He's obviously adding that interpretation.

But on the other hand, his added interpretation is consistent with the fact that the person who stops believing in Christ ultimately can not come back to Christ when God hardens them in that unbelief.
You have already proven that you neither know GREEK and or what you are talking about Ralph.....

The self sustained faith you peddle is not found in scripture.........good luck in the many GROUP

John146

Jan 13, 2016
From FAITH to FAITH it is written, the JUST shall live by FAITH........

You have yet to explain this.....and I will not argue the fact that you are quoting the KING Jimmy which is practically the only version that translates the verse the faith OF.....and like I said....OF and FROM both come from the same word and indicate SOURCE

Christ is the SOURCE of our faith

a. HE GIFTS IT IN MEASURE to believers
b. HE starts it
c. HE finishes it
d. HE completes it

IF I GIVE YOU a car....whose car is it.....mine or YOURS?
Notice, in the OT, the saints lived by their own faith.

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

But when we get to Paul’s epistles, something has changed. Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Paul leaves out the word “his.” Signifying that it’s not man’s faith anymore, but the faith of Christ.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

From man’s faith to the faith of Christ.

Under the cross, the just man lives by the faith of Christ.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I'm not an "end of time" searcher. We have no clue when that will happen. I'm more concerned about day by day living and that can be tough sometimes. I'm more concerned about those I know and care about becoming either part of the fold or get closer to our Heavenly Father. Just saying

Dec 12, 2013
You do realise that your lack of honesty in this matter has already been seen by your lack of contextual honesty when dealing with scripture.....

How can anyone take serious a deceiver that

a. Has no biblical contextual honesty
b. Has no honesty with who he really is
c. Has no honesty with what we say
d. Falsely accuses us of things we do not say and or support

BY your own words and doctrine you testify of being lost and not actually knowing JESUS....Saved people are the exact opposite of a-d above

FOR the record I am only judging what you say and how you come across by the self sustained dogma you peddle

Dec 12, 2013
Notice, in the OT, the saints lived by their own faith.

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

But when we get to Paul’s epistles, something has changed. Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Paul leaves out the word “his.” Signifying that it’s not man’s faith anymore, but the faith of Christ.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

From man’s faith to the faith of Christ.

Under the cross, the just man lives by the faith of Christ.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Listen....we had this dance yesterday......and it will not fly with me........you are wrong in your approach and view....

FROM FAITH TO FAITH IT IS WRITTEN (IN the NT) the just shall live by faith

I am the LORD YOU GOD, I CHANGE NOT
JESUS CHRIST, the SAME yesterday today and forever

THE same faith that SAVES US saved ABRAHAM and DAVID (ROMANS 4)

You have been deceived by your incessant worship of the King Jimmy

Answer teh question.

IF I gift you a CAR whose car is it....YOURS or MINE!

FROM faith to faith it is written <----how about explain this!!!!

Dec 12, 2013
You should get a new Bible, the KJV. The KJV is about the faith of Jesus Christ. His faith never waivers and is always faithful. Can you say that about your faith?

Btw, you know I'm a dispensatinalist. I believe, after Paul's writings, are letters concerning the last days for the Jews.
Here we go.......a King Jimmy idol worshipper....................you probably think Paul and JESUS used a King Jimmy like some of the King Jimmy idol worshippers I ran across in the Arkansas, Missouri and in Illinois.....

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Listen....we had this dance yesterday......and it will not fly with me........you are wrong in your approach and view....

FROM FAITH TO FAITH IT IS WRITTEN (IN the NT) the just shall live by faith

I am the LORD YOU GOD, I CHANGE NOT
JESUS CHRIST, the SAME yesterday today and forever

THE same faith that SAVES US saved ABRAHAM and DAVID (ROMANS 4)

You have been deceived by your incessant worship of the King Jimmy

Answer teh question.

IF I gift you a CAR whose car is it....YOURS or MINE!

FROM faith to faith it is written <----how about explain this!!!!
Just please answer the following with no insults. Whose faith is spoken of here? Before whose faith had come? Whose faith was afterwards revealed? After that faith is come? Whose faith?

Galatians 3
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Those OT saints had faith, but it was their own faith. They had faith under the law. Paul is not talking about one’s individual faith.

Dec 12, 2013
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matt 7:22-23

Humm, they obviously believed in God and yet they get cast out.
They were obviously NEVER saved to begin with unless you think Jesus was lying when he said he NEVER KNEW THEM.....

Dec 12, 2013
Did they really believe in God or themselves?
Jesus was clear.....HE NEVER knew them....they were NEVER saved and then lost it and i can tell you exactly why they did not make the cut...

They peddle a faith PLUS works for salvation....a false gospel which has no power to save!!

Dec 12, 2013
Just please answer the following with no insults. Whose faith is spoken of here? Before whose faith had come? Whose faith was afterwards revealed? After that faith is come? Whose faith?

Galatians 3
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Those OT saints had faith, but it was their own faith. They had faith under the law. Paul is not talking about one’s individual faith.
I have answered 20 times.....the same faith that saves US and justifies US saved and justified ABRAHAM and DAVID <---ROMANS 4

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Jesus was clear.....HE NEVER knew them....they were NEVER saved and then lost it and i can tell you exactly why they did not make the cut...

They peddle a faith PLUS works for salvation....a false gospel which has no power to save!!
They had no relationship with Jesus , that is also why Jesus said what He said , because their faith was dead , just like they were spiritually dead...
...xox...