Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
She's completely lost while pretending she isn't... like so many Christians. But unlike many of them, she realizes how dishonest she is and doubles down on it. Her little cronies pat her back with all the meaningless typing the do while the Kingdom of God is elsewhere.
That post exposed his true colors and "completely lost Christians" is an oxymoron. :cautious:

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
I tell you I’m giving away free cars to whoever comes to my dealership. Most don’t believe me and don’t come.

A few DO believe, come and receive the free gift of a new car.
Was the car a free gift? Didn’t they have to believe and receive it?

Same with Salvation.
Yeah, it is the same for salvaton.

"For he who comes to God must believe he is', like your analogy, they don't get the car by believing you have a dealership or that you'll give them a free car, they only receive the car if they come to your dealership.

"God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." like your analogy, they don't get the car unless they find their way to your dealership. And you said nothing about where your dealership is located.

But believing there is a God is not faith, nothing suggest one gets the reward for simply believing but rather those that who seek him are rewarded. So did anyone get the car in your analogy who didn't have to work to uncover the location of the dealership since you didn't give them the reward without making them work for it.

So if your analogy of salvation then what was your reward for seeking him? Do you know my reward was for seeking?

If you would have diligently sought him then you might have heard him ask you if you seriously thought you could find him any more than you can hear his voice unless he speaks to you? But if you had faith then wouldn't have needed to open the spoiler to find out the reward, but if you want something to hope on try reading John 5:25. For what one hopes for one patiently waits.

E

EleventhHour

The question was whether or not you have considered what is written in the scriptures, not if I believe Job sinned or not. The issue of Job being perfect and whether or not he sinned are two different matters, but you don't seem to even be aware of the fact.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Job 1:8

So if you are so sure of your accusations, then you might consider what is written in the scriptures, "

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. [Ps 32:1]

Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile." [Ps 32:2]
I am aware actually.

My post was about being sinless and you brought up Job no one else.

https://christianchat.com/threads/not-by-works.146296/post-4183641

So please keep to the question was Job sinless since he is your example?

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
So please keep to the question was Job sinless since he is your example?
It is written that Job knew that his redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: Job 19:25
But apparently you know neither the truth nor the Son, if you did then you would have been made free from sin Rom 6:18
"... because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins." Heb 10:2

You have a strange doctrine.

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
It is written that Job knew that his redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: Job 19:25
But apparently you know neither the truth nor the Son, if you did then you would have been made free from sin Rom 6:18
"... because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins." Heb 10:2

You mean "free from sin" like the Pharisees thought they were "free from sin" though.... When we say free from sin, we still struggle with sin because we have deficient bodies, but His eternal judgment itself overlooks or sin, because of our salvation. Our hearts yearn too be perfect, sure, but we do not look to pride to answer the question "are we perfect?" Or "can we be perfect?" Because pride only ever answers yes to those questions....

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
So true! (Let's see if we can breath a little breath into this dead thread) He called us, not on the basis of good things we had done - for many of us, quite the opposite. But one of the deceptions of the modern Christian religion is a refusal to acknowledge what the Word of God declares that grace must do in us.

Take, for example, our Lord's statement, "The meek will inherit the earth." The definition of meek is "enduring insult and injury with patience and without resentment." Do you react like Jesus when you are cut off by another motorist in traffic? Well, are you righteous or sinful? Have you been changed or not? Generally speaking, the world looks at Christian hypocrisy and says, "Your religion is false."

I like the way the Holy Spirit through Titus put it, "The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly, righteously and godly lives in the present age looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ who gave Himself up for us to deliver us from every lawless deed and purify for himself His own special people zealous for good works."

As the Scripture says, "Out of the wicked comes forth wickedness." And as it says elsewhere, "He who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil."

Multiplied millions of Christians are Hell bound, deluded hypocrites serving their own pleasures and walking in the way that is not the Way of the Kingdom of God. As it is written, "Live in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the desires of the flesh." They don't even know what that means and their shepherds will pay the higher price.
Amen, thank you God for having mercy on us all.
We praise you for the mercy and grace that you have bestowed on us all. You have said, If we continue in YOUR word, then are we are your disciples indeed; And we shall know the truth, and the truth shall make us free. (BUT) They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? And YOU answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant (SINNER) abideth not in the house (YOUR House GOD) for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me (US) free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. For we are dead nevertheless we live yet not us but Christ liveth in us and the life we now live in the flesh we live by the Faith of YOUR son whom you gave for us, For we have put on Christ, and have become one flesh. A new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of You God, YOU reconciled us to YOURSELF by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; And such trust have we through Christ to YOU God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of YOU Father forever and ever amen.

(Joh 8:31-36; Rom 8:2-4 6:6-7; 2Co 5:17-18; 2Co 3:4-5 )

E

EleventhHour

Verses out if context are not the answer.

Why is it you cannot answer when you yourself brought Job into the discussion?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Yeah, it is the same for salvaton.

"For he who comes to God must believe he is', like your analogy, they don't get the car by believing you have a dealership or that you'll give them a free car, they only receive the car if they come to your dealership.

"God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." like your analogy, they don't get the car unless they find their way to your dealership. And you said nothing about where your dealership is located.

But believing there is a God is not faith, nothing suggest one gets the reward for simply believing but rather those that who seek him are rewarded. So did anyone get the car in your analogy who didn't have to work to uncover the location of the dealership since you didn't give them the reward without making them work for it.

So if your analogy of salvation then what was your reward for seeking him? Do you know my reward was for seeking?

If you would have diligently sought him then you might have heard him ask you if you seriously thought you could find him any more than you can hear his voice unless he speaks to you? But if you had faith then wouldn't have needed to open the spoiler to find out the reward, but if you want something to hope on try reading John 5:25. For what one hopes for one patiently waits.
You have made me think I have to improve my analogy. Thank you. You not only get a free car, but lifetime maintenance of all parts, components, fluids, and fuel, and even car washes. (You are responsible to bring it in for periodic maintenance and car washes, ALTHOUGH PAID FOR--- Equivalent to the Christian's bar of soap 1 John 1:9)

The people are told ALL the information they need to receive the gift. INCLUDING a ride to get there. BUT, most still don't believe, and don't come.
"There MUST be a catch" says one. Another says, " There HAS to be something I am OBLIGATED to do". Another, "There's NO such thing as cars, and certainly NO dealership!" A last one INSISTS, "Yeah, you'll get the free car, but the maintenance costs are YOUR responsibility!"

Also, the idea that Salvation is a reward to win, instead of a free gift from God, is highly offensive to Him who who was silent when His Son sweat Blood in agony, Asking if there were ANY other way.

YOU, did not seek Him on your own accord. If you are a true Child of God, it's because HE drew you to Him.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Interesting.... since one can be a disciple and not be saved.
Look at the charge this heretic and others lay at our Father's Feet!!?

That Abba, will toss Christians, who are truly His Kids, into the eternal flame.

Woe to these Pharisees that try and win converts, to make them twice a child of Hell!!

E

EleventhHour

Look at the charge this heretic and others lay at our Father's Feet!!?

That Abba, will toss Christians, who are truly His Kids, into the eternal flame.

Woe to these Pharisees that try and win converts, to make them twice a child of Hell!!
Thank you so much PennEd for this!!

These guys wear me out sometimes.... all their twisting and turning.... it grieves my soul that anyone can be persuaded by their nonsense.

E

EleventhHour

Also, the idea that Salvation is a reward to win, instead of a free gift from God, is highly offensive to Him who who was silent when His Son sweat Blood in agony, Asking if there were ANY other way.
Amen ... I have thought this very thing so many times!!!

It is soooo offensive my words cannot even begin to expressive!!!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I am not able to copy and paste it in from my desktop, which I used to be able to do ... am I missing a step?
Right-click on it, then do "copy image address". Then go to your siggy, and right-click on the URL thing, and paste the address in, then hit "save changes"..

E

EleventhHour

Right-click on it, then do "copy image address". Then go to your siggy, and right-click on the URL thing, and paste the address in, then hit "save changes"..
Thanks we used to be able to paste from our desktop ... but that was the old platform I guess.
Makes sense since it is looking for an URL
Thanks!!!

E

EleventhHour

So I put @blue_ladybug in my signature so you can track me everywhere..... and if I am getting in trouble playing the "harlot" you can come rescue me!!!!
:D:D