Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I should have done a lot more than roll my eyes at this statement.
btw...James makes it clear

For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
James 2:10

I hope you keep an accurate list of all your transgressions, unless you are sinless?
Look at you trying to use the word against the word to justify your false teachings.

Nov 16, 2019
It sounds like you are back peddling from your other two posts, but at least you admit now that it wasn't a done deal that they lost their salvation.
I've been saying this all along.
They've not without hope because God is still giving them room to come back to Jesus.
But Hebrews 6:4-6 makes it clear that He will make it so they can't come back if they refuse Paul's plea.

A "professing" believer "permanently" going back to the law for justification would prove that their faith was never firmly rooted and established from the start, yet genuine believers (especially babes in Christ who are Jewish) can get sidetracked by legalistic teachers and temporarily stumble.
Dan, they literally quit believing in Christ for justification.
You say that shows they were never saved to begin with.
The letter affirms that they were indeed very much saved.
You have to ignore these plain facts in order to continue to believe in your osas beliefs.

If they are truly born again, then God will preserve them (Psalm 37:28; Jude 1:1) and their faith will ultimately not fail.
The Galatians prove the emboldened part wrong.
I can't just sweep away the plain record of the scriptures to believe what you say.

The apostle Peter "fell away" at the time of Jesus' arrest and denied Christ 3 times, but his faith did not fail.
That's right, Peter did not go back to unbelief (like the Galatians did).
He's not even relevant to our discussion.
You're using the example of someone whose belief in Christ did not fail to prove that those whose belief in Christ did fail did not lose their salvation.

Philippians 1:6 - being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
...if you keep believing.
Even your version of osas agrees with that.

This new osas that has replaced yours is far, far more opposed to your osas than even my non-osas is, yet you won't lift a finger to address it. That's telling me something, dan. I can't ignore that.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, EVEN AS HE is righteous.
(1Jn 3:7 KJV)

How was he righteous?

Hint.... Jesus said at one time " He doeth the work"

Who was He?

And what did Paul say in regards to us that was similar?
WOW and it was to this post.

E

EleventhHour

oh look now a childish use of an emotion icon to display your displeasure for truth
When you "workers" get the gospel then I will change it, until then I have complete and utter displeasure for what you preach... it is not the Gospel and a direct assault on the Saviour.

Nov 16, 2019
likewise we deny Him if we say He has not begun a work in us, and likewise we blaspheme Him if we say He will not be faithful to complete that work.
No, it's not blasphemy to say God has no further obligation to complete a work in the person who has abandoned Him in unbelief.

E

EleventhHour

Still nothing I see.
What sin are you holding onto?
Never mind you already admitted to it, Vanity.

Look at me, look at me as I slap my head and roll my eyes.
admitted to being vain... wrong.

But let me tell you one thing, at least I know I am a sinner saved by grace and I make no pretense thinking that I am sinless.

Meaning I am not a hypocrite...... isn't that what Jesus called the Pharisees?

E

EleventhHour

Still nothing I see.
What sin are you holding onto?
Never mind you already admitted to it, Vanity.

Look at me, look at me as I slap my head and roll my eyes.
Added "Ms. Vanity" to my signature... part of my growing list.

Aug 3, 2019
It takes a lot more than vanity to come against your false gospel.

A salvation that can be lost is no salvation.

It does not exist.
Saved is saved

I prefer to be vain, if in fact I were, but am not, than teach a dogma completely contrary to scripture which makes Jesus and His work meaningless and place oneself as saviour instead.

Face it for what it is..but then that would require being honest :cautious:
I'm convinced you mean well, but "Salvation that can be lost is no salvation at all" is just empty, high sounding theological skulduggery.

If a drowning man catches my rope and I begin pulling him in but halfway through he suddenly decides he'd rather die than live and lets go - according to your OSAS logic, he never had hold of the rope.

E

EleventhHour

I'm convinced you mean well, but "Salvation that can be lost is no salvation at all" is just empty, high sounding theological skulduggery.

If a drowning man catches my rope and I begin pulling him in but halfway through he suddenly decides he'd rather die than live and lets go - according to your OSAS logic, he never had hold of the rope.

I do mean well... trying to get you guys out of your false dogma and walk the true Christian walk.

Your seem to forget Jesus is SAVIOR ....why do you guys keep missing this!!!?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

More likely that he lets go of the rope because he's tired, weak and disoriented from almost drowning.. :/

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You didn't answer my question.
You are the one that wants to slice and dice different types of sin. I don't.

Why do you fear saying hypocrisy is a presumptuous sin? Is it or isn't it? I mean a person who knowingly practices hypocrisy would be committing a presumptuous sin right?

Nov 16, 2019
gee, what's a shepherd to do, abandon His poor idiot sheep?
would that be descriptive of a 'good' or an 'idle/evil' shepherd?

have you ever had pets, @lightbearer ?
do you euthanize them when you discovered that they are going to do cat & dog things, according to their nature?
when they grew old, and had little control over their bladders, did you put them to death or care for them?
when they were young, and chewed on furniture, knocked over your carefully arranged baubles, and made nuisances o themselves in their youthful joy, did you drop them off somewhere in the country, or stuff them in a bag and toss them off a bridge?
No, but when the cat you brought up from birth decides to adopt himself out to the neighbors because they give him exotic canned foods over your generic bag of dry food you let them go.

Aug 3, 2019
I do mean well... trying to get you guys out of your false dogma and walk the true Christian walk.

Your seem to forget Jesus is SAVIOR ....why do you guys keep missing this!!!?
I'm trying to get you guys to put on your big boy/girls underwear and recognize that it is our daily responsibility to "abide in the Vine" or else wind up in the fire "but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved". (John 15:5-10 KJV; Matthew 12:13-14 KJV)

How can OSAS - which denies Conditional Salvation - not see that Jesus Himself right here plainly says salvation is on condition that we endure to the end?