Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Only God knows a persons fate. We have but a hope, a hope based on the promises of Jesus Christ.

We were saved in hope. If we see what we hope for, that isn’t hope. Who hopes for what they already see? Romans 8:24

I do not see my salvation, I humbly hope for my salvation.

OSAS believers disregard this hope and replace it with a surmised notion that salvation is predestined personally for them.
I too was once on their side of the argument, being told to simply ignore any logical hole presented since it couldn't not be true and probably from satan. It was that flawed attitude that made me look closer into what and why I believed. OSAS followers are merely ignorant but most hardcore followers are just stubborn.
Most OSAS simply want the fear of falling short before the Judgement Seat to go away, willing to accept the weakest of notions in order to sleep better at night. The truth be damned.
If you believe your own quote:

"NO sin leads to the loss of salvation and only one leads to no salvation"

then you do not understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I see that you like to attack and judge OSAS believers. I also see that you have an uncertain hope. Now why don't you explain to the rest of us what YOU believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ IS and also what YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the Gospel? (Romans 1:16) Was your previous avatar name on Christian Chat DJ2?

E

eternally-gratefull

I don't know if I've missed it or not. As I said, I know from my perspective it certainly seems like I am saved but the question is whether I actually believe it in my heart. I know that my heart deceives me at times, and I know that though I recognize the truth of Jesus' death burial and resurrection mentally I do not know whether I truly believe it. There are moments where it is absolutely, 100% certain and others where I question whether such miracles can occur. God has moved mountains at the sound of my voice, and yet still I question whether He is capable of raising a man from the dead. In the end, God will be glorified and I will face a final judgment. Until that day I have hope and confidence, but it is not absolute.
I will be honest I do not know a christian who does not have the same issues

Thats WHY john in his letter. told wrte to us select things, telling us he did it so we can KNOW we HAVE ETERNAL life, and because if this FACT, Continue to believe in his name

Eternal security is not a religious thing, Its a fact. A fact which empowers us to continue to allow God to help us fight during those times of doubt. Satan wants us to doubt, as does our flesh, which was defeated. Only the knowledge of our position in christ can help us withstand these things

E

eternally-gratefull

You can know now and not just be hoping.

If you are hoping and not sure then you are not fully persuaded yet.

Jesus gives salvation to those who trust, believe, have faith (heart and mind) in Him for it...it is a gift .... there is no working for it.

When will you be ready to stop working because it is only when you do that you will be ready to receive.

Think on it... it is scriptural.
come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

E

eternally-gratefull

You are much more honest and clear minded about this issue then the OSAS followers here. You have sincerely read the scriptures and have simply acknowledged what is written. Do not be afraid to speak the truth. Most OSAS simply want the fear of falling short before the Judgement Seat to go away, willing to accept the weakest of notions in order to sleep better at night. The truth be damned.
oh boy.

So lets offer the man hopelessness and a spirit of fear. not an abba father who loves.

Yeah that helps :rolleyes:

E

eternally-gratefull

There's a lot more than simple persuasion. It is a gift, but it is given to His children. I am fully convinced that God will give it to those who believe the gospel. I just don't know if I am truly capable of such, and even if I were I'm not sure I could accept it. I have been guilty of great hubrus, thinking I was capable of a task greater than Jesus in that I at one point was determined to go to hell for someone that I loved. If in the end it's revealed I am one of His children, the rejoicing I do now in part will be made complete. If it's revealed that when I believed I had committed the unpardonable sin I truly had, God's justice will be revealed upon me. Still, I will obey. Because my obedience is not contingent on my salvation it is because He is the only voice that has truly proven itself worthy of listening to. The only one whose council has never led me wrong.
look at Saul, a murderer of Gods people. Who was saved and started the gentile church as paul, and ended up being used by God to pen most of the NT scripture..

no one is too far Gone.

God came to save sinners, not the righteous.

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen! Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Unlike the english word "hope," the New Testament word contains no uncertainty; it speaks of something that is certain. - Strong's #1680 elpís (from elpō, "to anticipate, welcome") – properly, expectation of what is sure (certain); hope.

Definition: expectation, hope
Usage: hope, expectation, trust, confidence.

If we have saving faith in Christ then we have this hope. (y)
I have to teach on this passage Friday night on Zoom. Thats a great passage, especially for this time of struggle all are going through

E

eternally-gratefull

I see that you like to attack and judge OSAS believers. I also see that you have an uncertain hope. Now why don't you explain to the rest of us what YOU believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ IS and also what YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the Gospel? (Romans 1:16) Was your previous avatar name on Christian Chat DJ2?
he was here before. let me guess. Banned?

E

EleventhHour

Now that you mention it...I remember someone with a very similar style :unsure:

E

eternally-gratefull

Now that you mention it...I remember someone with a very similar style :unsure:
DJ2 has a profile. but when you try to open it you get this

This user's profile is not available.

which usually means you have been banned.

Hopefully the mods are watching

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
You are much more honest and clear minded about this issue then the OSAS followers here. You have sincerely read the scriptures and have simply acknowledged what is written. Do not be afraid to speak the truth. Most OSAS simply want the fear of falling short before the Judgement Seat to go away, willing to accept the weakest of notions in order to sleep better at night. The truth be damned.
What works did you perform yesterday to maintain your salvation?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014