Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There seems to be a certain problem that arises, especially for the folks certain in their own understanding.

Here is the problem. Many believe just as you do but are not aware of it, and you believe just as many others do, but you are not aware of it. Jesus-Yeshua will straighten things out when He comes back. Meanwhile we should not allow misunderstanding others to drive us to condemnation of them. It is far more pleasant and peace-filled to extend mercy to any and all.

This does not intend to say we must pray for waht could be sin in others, but bless them we must.

Nov 17, 2017
There is no power in his false satanic gospel to save.....! And last time I checked, there is but ONE gospel that has power to save and when it is CORRUPTED it is VOID of power....NO NEED to cite a PLETHORA of verses in context that prove my stance!
I understand what you are saying. I agree.
But I also understand that we are to to stand....against these..
There is a prince , and adversary, who has power, not over the Gospel,
Clearly, over men.

God Bless...

E

EleventhHour

I understand what you are saying. I agree.
But I also understand that we are to to stand....against these..
There is a prince , and adversary, who has power, not over the Gospel,
Clearly, over men.

God Bless...
I am glad you clarified, I was worried :)

Nov 17, 2017
Good Morning.!!
What power is there in a false Gospel?
None.
No salvation in a false narrative.
The Gospel of Christ is the only means of salvation.

But here is where I disagree, A false narrative has power.
i.e. prosperity motivational speakers...

You would be wrong here.
Yes, would not be a first nor will be the last

God Bless!

E

EleventhHour

Good Morning.!!

None.
No salvation in a false narrative.
The Gospel of Christ is the only means of salvation.

But here is where I disagree, A false narrative has power.
i.e. prosperity motivational speakers...

Yes, would not be a first nor will be the last

God Bless!
I understand... well I do not want to speak for @dcontroversal, (but I will just a bit :)) but typically in my experience when he states has no power.... he is stating...... no power to save.

You would agree a false gospel has no power to save?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Nov 17, 2017
That is what the passage says:
"by the blood of Christ" - Hebrews 10:29
Yes, this is right in the passage.
That's what the 'forever' is in salvation.
But osas says 'forever' means you can't lose it.
That's not what the passage says.
1. When does the Blood of Christ lose power?
Never

2. Again you refuse to study the word. Check the tense of the word, and other passages the word is used.
Need a study tool?

E

EleventhHour

It's already been proven through the centuries up to this day that Mark 16:18 is for the church.
More avoiding.... John 3: 1-21

The fact that you avoid this is very telling .. but I will not avoid... waiting.

You sir will show your dogma is wrong by your lack of response.

Nov 16, 2019
1. When does the Blood of Christ lose power?
When you don't believe in it.

2. Again you refuse to study the word. Check the tense of the word, and other passages the word is used.
Need a study tool?
I showed you using the context that the sanctified person in Hebrews 10:29 is a believer, and that 'forever' means Christ's ministry never ends and says nothing about you possessing it forever, and that 10:29 actually shows us 'forever' doesn't mean 'you can't lose it'.

Your turn.
Show us using the context that the sanctified person in Hebrews 10:29 is not a believer and that 'forever' means 'you can never lose it'. USE CONTEXT.

E

EleventhHour

I didn't avoid it.
Historical facts can't be erased.
But those that are born can die.
What is it you do not understand?

No death is not being unborn and you know it is not... we all die. That would mean we all loose salvation

Being unborn means going back to the womb and being uncreated.

This is the correct understanding of born once which Jesus states.

Not an answer try again.

Nov 16, 2019
We need to properly interpret words within their context and also properly harmonize scripture with scripture before reaching our conclusion on doctrine.
I did that.
You're actually the one that is not doing that.
You went outside of the context of Hebrews 9-10 for a convenient usage of 'sanctified' that suits your predetermined doctrine which defies not only the context of the passage but the context of the whole of scripture. I showed you this.

Nov 17, 2017
That's what the 'forever' is in salvation.
But osas says 'forever' means you can't lose it.
That's not what the passage says.
Stop being a lazy "christian".

(Heb 10:14) For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

For G1063 by one G3391 offering G4376 he hath perfected G5048 for everG1519 G1336 them that are sanctified.G37

Strong's #1519: eis (pronounced ice)
a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).

G1336
διηνεκές
diēnekes
Thayer Definition:
1) continuously, continuous
Part of Speech: adjective
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: neuter of a compound of G1223 and a derivative of an alternate of G5342

Yea, forever means EXACTLY forever.....

Nov 16, 2019
No death is not being unborn and you know it is not... we all die. That would mean we all loose salvation

Being unborn means going back to the womb and being uncreated.

This is the correct understanding of born once which Jesus states.

Not an answer try again.
You're grasping and gasping.
What is it about no longer being alive that you do not understand?

E

EleventhHour

You're grasping and gasping.
What is it about no longer being alive that you do not understand?
I am not grasping... die is not being unborn.

Seriously and you say I have a comprehension problem.

We all die but we are never unborn.

Now deal with passage/converstation between Jesus and Nicodemus.

Nov 16, 2019
(Heb 10:14) For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

For G1063 by one G3391 offering G4376 he hath perfected G5048 for everG1519 G1336 them that are sanctified.G37
Did you bother to consult the context to see what is 'forever' about Christ and his ministry and the sanctification that he gives?