Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 16, 2019
We all die a physical death, being born is a physical event.. so obviously you fail at your attempt to make this about losing salvation.
Then according to your analogy born again people can die.
You obviously haven't thought this through.

E

EleventhHour

What is it exactly that you want me to address?
See this everyone... he knows he cannot find a way to make this a passage about losing salvation.

Jesus clearly makes a firm analogy.... between the physical birth and spiritual birth....neither can be undone.

No person is uncreated.... just like spiritual salvation is uncreated.

E

EleventhHour

The analogy is birth and birth ... there is no mention of death.

Adding to the text.

Keep going your are showing you have no answer!!

Nov 17, 2017
1Cor 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
1Cor 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1Cor 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Cor 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Now back to the word santify......

BlessedCreator

Apr 22, 2020
James 2:20-24 KJB
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
When someone is born again, they are born as child of God. Once you're a child of God, you don't stop being a child of God.

Nov 16, 2019
Then why isn't everyone whom you prayed for, healed like what it says?
The passage doesn't say everyone will be healed that you pray for.
That wasn't even true of Jesus.

If you're in a church that has never prayed for someone and they've been healed you're in the wrong church!

E

EleventhHour

The passage doesn't say everyone will be healed that you pray for.
That wasn't even true of Jesus.

If you're in a church that has never prayed for someone and they've been healed you're in the wrong church!
Still avoiding?

Nov 16, 2019
When someone is born again, they are born as child of God. Once you're a child of God, you don't stop being a child of God.
Sounds great.
And I wish it was true.
But the Bible clearly says sanctified believers who trample on the body of Christ, and profane the blood of Christ, and insult the Spirit of grace end up with the same fate as the enemies of God.
That doesn't sound like a child of God always being a child of God.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Warnings? 😆😆😆

What are you going to do pops, put me on double secret probation? For the record, I’ve been Christian longer than you.

I teach John 3:16-17. Everything else is gravy. Go ahead and argue with that, pussycat. Your arrogance is exactly why Christians are hated. Ignore me, please!

That is your second Warning. Next, time you say anything Divisive or Derogatory, then I get to put you on me IGNORE LIST, then NONE of your divisive or derogatory remarks will show up on my screen.

Titus 3:9-11 (NIV)
9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.
10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him.
11 You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

2 Corinthians 12:20 (HCSB)
20 For I fear that perhaps when I come I will not find you to be what I want, and I may not be found by you to be what you want; there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorder.

1 Timothy 6:3-5 (NASB)
3 If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness,
4 he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions,
5 and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.

I will research my Posts to John146, to see if I MISUNDERSTOOD HIM,

Nov 16, 2019
Really? What points have I not addressed? :unsure:
You ignored the context of Hebrews 10 and invented a sanctified, fake believer in the church that I showed you from scripture does not exist.
You have to look at what I said and the evidence I used and attempt to disprove it.

You also have to take the context of Hebrews 9 and 10 that I used to show that 'forever' does not mean 'you can't lose it' and prove it that it does.

You have done neither of these.
You just keep restating your argument.